Mystery Cabins on the Oasis Class - SOLVED!

Last week there was a thread that has since been deleted regarding some mystery cabins on the Oasis class ships. Specifically, the cabins that would be around 6540 or 6140 on Deck 6 of the Oasis and Allure ships.

There was much speculation, and I emailed Royal Caribbean just out of curiosity. Just a few minutes ago I got a call from Joan Bernheimer in the Executive Office. They called housekeeping staff aboard the Oasis of the Seas and inquired as to what these two staterooms were being used for, and the official answer is...

Air Conditioning units.

She said that ships across the fleet have these "missing staterooms" for things like storage, maintenance, and air conditioners, and normally they go unnoticed. However, in the Oasis AC room's case, the fact that it was in a balcony room made it a bit more obvious from the outside.

I just found this after I made a post about it... well thanks for finding the answer.. It's more fun in a way not to know... your imagination goes wild! I do like knowing though! The only question I have left is what does it look like from the outside?

RCI is covering it up; I know fire damage when I see it. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL. The OP of that never came back and admitted maybe, just maybe they were wrong. Nice to know the reality.

In all seriousness, before this thread gets shut down, I will get some pics and post them in early June. It has provided a few days of entertainment though.

I doubt it will get shut down. I'd be willing to bet the other one wasn't shut down, but that the OP had it removed rather than admit they were incorrect.

I keep thinking that there's a thread or posts from a while ago questioning those cabins. It just seems really familiar.

Edited by BND

I will still grab a photo on Allure this May, unless someone beats me to it. I bet it looks like it was burned in a fire, just kidding. :D

IIRC, you are traveling in mid/late May. I'm traveling first week of May, so I might beat you to it. Though it is Oasis, and not Allure, so I guess that cabin might have just become real hot. :p

Have a good and safe trip, BTW.

They called housekeeping staff aboard the Oasis of the Seas and inquired as to what these two staterooms were being used for, and the official answer is...

Air Conditioning units.

I don't care what the official answer is. I'm still sticking to my theory that it's a secret portal to the Nevernever, mystical land of the Fae.