Princess Cruises drinks package.

vinob

Hi Folks

Will be sailing with Princess for the first time this year, does anyone who has sailed with them previously know whether they ever do any special deals on the full drinks package, as nearly £1000 for the 2 of us on drinks seems an awful lot of money but have been told by princess that it only takes 5 drinks pppd to break even. We do have a number of sea days when we would probably have more than 5 drinks including their special coffees etc. Previously we've always sailed with P & O and their drinks are similar to local pub prices in the uk.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Viv.

Princess' drink package is based on 5 $10 drinks/day to break even. Most drinks on board cost $8.95. Coffees are half that price.

Sea days are easy, but when considering this package, think about your port days and whether or not you'll drink that much on board those days.

I just did a 3 night cruise on Princess and considered buying the package. We didn't and in our case it was the right decision. If your cruise goes to Princess Cays, they shut down all the bars on the island at 2:00. As you can imagine, that didn't go over too well, especially with those who had the package.

My recollection is they have a soda package and an all inclusive including alcoholic less than 10 bucks as others noted. My value kids did the calculation and said that has got to be a serious drinker :eek: If you drink a LOT it is likely value, if you don't I can see you trying to make it a value, just like all you can eat.

The coffee you can get on a card that gets you free tea.

Happy drinking :D

The following are included in the all inclusive beverage package!

All Inclusive Beverage Package†

You can now relax and enjoy the convenience of an all inclusive beverage package featuring any drink up to $10 including cocktails, wine, beer, sodas, lattes, cappuccinos, bottled water & more. All for just $49 USD per person per day, + gratuities of $7.35 = $56.35 :D

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :D

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebec city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

Edited by Donna’sMom&Dad

The are SEVERAL advantages to the all-inclusive beverage package and Princess has by far the best. Just came off the Norwegian Dawn 3 days ago and it is $55 + 18% ($64.90) and does not include coffees or bottled water.

The best advantage to us, is the fact you can try a ton of new stuff without worrying if you have just wasted $10. I like wine, so I can try new varietals, brands, etc. If I don't like what I chose then I can chose not drink it and choose another. My wife likes "boat drinks" and can try new concoctions.

I am primarily a red wine drinker but it gives me the chance to "get my feet wet" with whites without worrying about wasting my money. On my last Princess cruise in Nov, I got to know the head bartender at Vines and she would give great suggestions and would even pour small amounts of different wines to try - something not possible in a pay as you go situation.

Get bumped into by a staggering drunk or unsupervised child running around? No prob - go get another.

Grabbing a couple bottles of water each before going ashore is great as well - we used to carry a case of water on board, but no longer have to.

A couple of wake-up specialty coffees every morning is nice to start the day.

I live in Tennessee, with has a ridiculously high tax on wine/liquor. The 20% discount Princess gives you on bottles of wine takes some of my faves well below what I can get them for here

I consider it a pre-paid plan. It fixes my costs ahead of time. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people (a lot of college kids) get their final statement a get quite a sticker shock. I have seen several $1000+ bar bills.

The all-inclusive makes sense for some and not others, just up to you. I like the flexibility not being concerned about charging too much to my account.

Edited by Huckster1