Is the Captains Suite worth it?

nator555

We usually stick with a ocean view room. Today I got a email offering us the captains suite on the Liberty next week for a extra $1000. I saw a video of the room on YouTube and it is obviously really nice. But I wonder if I would be a little annoyed if we didn't spend a decent amount of time enjoying the suite. Any thoughts? Does the room come with any other perks? Decisions decisions.

Never enjoyed a "suite" on Carnival for the plain and simple reason that they don't really come with any perks. NCL has AMAZING suites with great perks, as does Celebrity. I don't think I'd spend the extra - $1,000 sounds like a lot to me.

I have been on a tour of the Captains suite on the Sunshine, after some small talk with those occupying the suite on my last cruise. Personally, I would not pay for that suite, but would choose one of the other suites instead. There are some suites, I think in the aft, on deck 5 (5340 and 5341, I believe), that are two rooms, are just as nice, and are less in price than that suite, and also the grad suites on deck 7. As noted, none of the suites on Carnival have the perks like Royal, NCL, etc. The price would have to be really good for me to go from a balcony to a suite.

Edited by sjcruiser

What it really comes down to is: Can you afford the extra $1000, do you need the space, or will that $1000 be better spent elsewhere on the cruise? Let me also add: Life's too short, so sometimes your should splurge!

I once spent $5000 to upgrade to business class air for a euro cruise. Worth every penny!

We have the captain suite this Sat. on the freedom, already had one on the Glory and loved it!! It's so nice when we came in from the beach and my DH could go to his own bathroom and me in mine. Plus, the view is unbelievable. I would go for it!! When we were on the Glory the Hotel Director did send us some special goodies.

We usually stick with a ocean view room. Today I got a email offering us the captains suite on the Liberty next week for a extra $1000. I saw a video of the room on YouTube and it is obviously really nice. But I wonder if I would be a little annoyed if we didn't spend a decent amount of time enjoying the suite. Any thoughts? Does the room come with any other perks? Decisions decisions.

Is it worth it??? Not in a million years.

You are the only one who knows how much you paid for the cabin you have now so it is hard to know what your overall out of pocket is for the suite.

An upgrade of over $100 day is a bit hard to swallow, but it would be quite an upgrade in accomidations.

I agree with other posters who mentioned the possiblity of other suites, that may be a bit less money.

I think a lot of people who get the Cpt. suite are part of a group and share their cabin with others. I saw like 10 people on that balcony for sail away last cruise. That would make it worth the money, if you had a larger group of differnt cabin types and you could hang out in your suite.

If it is just two of you, ask about and Ocean Suite, and see if they will upsell you for like $400.

I've gotten the call/email and have taken it every time. Do others think I overpaid, yes. Was I coached to save that moeny for another cruise or onboard expenses, yes. Did I pay CCL more for a fractionaly better cabin, yes. And I never looked back from the decision, enjoyed the accomidations and would do it again.

In your situtation it is not a fractionally better cabin, it is a huge upgrade, but it depends how you plan to use it.

I have been in one but never stayed in one. The floor to ceiling windows are great. We have sailed in a 6J cabin and liked it. The captain’s suites have a huge balcony with a wind screen. I would spend a bunch of time on that balcony they are probably the second largest suite in the fleet.

It's all about personal choice. Some here think a balcony is not worth the price. We have stayed in every type room other than inside. We stayed in the original on the Liberty (based upon a review here, that poster no longer posts here). The pics blew me away. It is pricey, sure it is (but a fraction compared to a GS (or higher) on a RCCL ship....yeah, yeah I know more perks etc.). We loved the Liberty CS and are staying in the CS on the Sunshine this August. Great view, two baths, separate rooms etc. etc. etc.. For those who enjoy, are inclined to spend the extra dinero, I say go for it.

As someone who is a suite snob..... Yes we almost always cruise in a suite of some sort. Just the kind of people we are, I would upgrade, just to check it off the bucket list. (Premier Suite Cruise - Done)

But we cruise maybe once a year, but normally once every two, so we cruise less often and tend to spend more.

I would enjoy it.

If I'm contemplating spending more money for a more luxurious experience, I would most likely be looking at cruise lines that do offer more than just a bigger room. Spending suite money on Carnival kinda defeats the purpose of sailing on Carnival.

I just booked on the Valor for July of 2016 and looked into getting the Captain's Suite. We always book an OS but if the price was right, I'd would have gotten the big one. It was $3,000 more. That much is another cruise in a suite. So we did not book it. BUT, if they call me for a $1000 upgrade, I"M TAKING IT!!!:D

I Have stayed in that suite -9200- on the liberty when I was offered an upsell and to me was worth every penny. Would I have booked it at 7000 dollars? no. But with the up sell call was more reasonable and took a once in a lifetime chance......and it certainly enhanced our vaycay.

I just looked at the YouTube video of the room you're talking about and it is fantastic! It's like a one bedroom, 2 bath apartment complete with a full living room, a walk in closet, a jacuzzi tub, and a huge balcony with 4 lounging chairs on it and the best view on the ship!!! I'd pay an extra thousand in a minute for that room. After all for me and my two sisters I have paid as much as $2200 for an upper lower inside. If they're only asking you for 1000 more total and not 1000 per person that's a fantastic deal.

I just looked at the YouTube video of the room you're talking about and it is fantastic! It's like a one bedroom, 2 bath apartment complete with a full living room, a walk in closet, a jacuzzi tub, and a huge balcony with 4 lounging chairs on it and the best view on the ship!!! I'd pay an extra thousand in a minute for that room. After all for me and my two sisters I have paid as much as $2200 for an upper lower inside. If they're only asking you for 1000 more total and not 1000 per person that's a fantastic deal.

We loved it on the Liberty (which is a little unique) and looking forward to it on the Sunshine.