Is the Captains Suite worth it?

nator555

For some, a $1,000 upgrade might be a significant financial decision. For others, not so much. I suppose it would be up to the individual to determine if the trade off of dollars vs square feet is worth the money.

Edited by travler27

If someone wants to look on the balcony they have to really peer over the top railing of above deck or really lean around side deck on 9th floor.....if they want to peek that bad lool.....but it is a huge deck with multiple loungers and chairs and side tables. I could look out and see everyone on their balcony on that side of the ship if i chose to do so, however I'm more interested in my books lol ;)

Only $1k to upgrade from an ocean view to the captain's suite? That doesn't seem right! Definitely jump on that.

I was booked into an Ocean Suite on the Sunshine, paid approximately $3k. I got a phone call and offer to upgrade to the Captain's Suite for an ADDITIONAL $2.5k which would have made the total $5500 for the week.

Aug 8th. Post a review and pics from your sailing.

I look forward to your reviews, as we will be in the captains suite in September. We always book the extended aft balcony cabins, as we like the larger balcony and being able to see the wake. I hope we like being in the front of the ship. I am hoping we can get the sun on the balcony, as it is mostly covered. I won a free cruise in a Grand Suite and upgraded to the Captain's Suite for $1300. I figured I'd try it one time.

I look forward to your reviews, as we will be in the captains suite in September. We always book the extended aft balcony cabins, as we like the larger balcony and being able to see the wake. I hope we like being in the front of the ship. I am hoping we can get the sun on the balcony, as it is mostly covered. I won a free cruise in a Grand Suite and upgraded to the Captain's Suite for $1300. I figured I'd try it one time.

Congrats on the winning! SOunds like a suite ;) deal to me. I will def be doing a review of our crusie.