Pays to Check!

PoofCat99

My parents & I are booked on May 11th Star out of Copenhagen. We booked an SJ ages ago. Today I was fooling around & saw prices had dropped significantly. Called NCL & was able to upgrade to SA Deluxe Owners Suite. I'm doing a happy dance!

My parents & I are booked on May 11th Star out of Copenhagen. We booked an SJ ages ago. Today I was fooling around & saw prices had dropped significantly. Called NCL & was able to upgrade to SA Deluxe Owners Suite. I'm doing a happy dance!

Good for you. It does pay to check but people also have to remember, sometimes the upgrade because of location or whtever isn't as good as the oringinal cabin. We got a nice upgrade just about a month ago,from a standard outside to a deluxe balcony and the only rate drop, from our original booking was about $50. This is why I do check prices but pretty much leave everything to my TA. I will let her know if I see a price drop though. She will know if, by changing cabins we might lose any other perks we are getting.

Edited by newmexicoNita

A couple of days ago I checked and took advantage of a nice drop on our 2017 cruise on the Star. We (DH and I) went from a penthouse with balcony (SG) to a 2 bedroom family suite with balcony (SC) for $183 less than we were paying for the SG. Actually, it saved us more as since we now have prepaid gratuities included with the current promo, I was refunded what I had prepaid when I originally booked. A bigger suite and over $300 returned to my pocket has had me dancing right along with you :D!

Nice. Which one are you in - one of the inner two or outer two DOS?

We are in inner #12000. Didn't get anything extra just a straight swap but well take it! I was surprised it was available because when I did a mock booking, it said not available. The agent was the one who brought it up.

Wow!

Cruising newbie here, but I thought that I read that NCL doesn't adjust prices unless a lower price was found with 48 hours of booking.

I can keep looking until our cruise date?

That's amazing!

We paid about $6500 for our family suite including taxes. Prices went up even last week they were higher than we paid. Today I saw the same cabin dropped almost $2000 total so I called. I wasn't sure what to Expect but asked what was available as far as upgrade or credit. We aren't getting any of the new "perks" because we booked before the promotion but kept our early booking OBC.

CrazyKoi, you can always take advantage of a price drop until your final booking...sometimes they will say you have to cancel and rebook, risking losing your original room possibly or great perks, but generally if you push or call a couple of times they will just switch for you, no issues.

After final payment, generally your only option is to upgrade.

We are in inner #12000. Didn't get anything extra just a straight swap but well take it! I was surprised it was available because when I did a mock booking, it said not available. The agent was the one who brought it up.

The DOS will get you 3 bottles of booze from the list and unlimited in room soda and water.

I see the GV on that sailing is $4999.

Let us know if you had any fogged windows.

Thanks to this thread, I checked my 2016 booking....saved me $1,050 today! Much appreciated! Gotta love it when I can get a CAS comp, the UBP promotion, and Kids Sail Free......7 days for about $1,027 total for 5 people!

We paid about $6500 for our family suite including taxes. Prices went up even last week they were higher than we paid. Today I saw the same cabin dropped almost $2000 total so I called. I wasn't sure what to Expect but asked what was available as far as upgrade or credit. We aren't getting any of the new "perks" because we booked before the promotion but kept our early booking OBC.

We are in a SJ too and saw those huge price drops on Wed night. We didn't go with an upgrade because of the sofa sleeper situation, but really thought about it. That DOS with the 2nd bedroom and bath will be fantastic. We will see you on board. Check out the roll call. Meet & Greet is on the 13th at 11:00.

We are in a SJ too and saw those huge price drops on Wed night. We didn't go with an upgrade because of the sofa sleeper situation, but really thought about it. That DOS with the 2nd bedroom and bath will be fantastic. We will see you on board. Check out the roll call. Meet & Greet is on the 13th at 11:00.

Thanks, will do. I will come to the M&G, not sure about the parents. BTW, I love your avatar, Aussies are great dogs!

That itinerary is always so expensive that we have never booked it. I hope they drop it to better pricing so we can try that sometime. I am getting to where we are stuck without different options to choose - especially with NCL. I hope the change things up. I would love to go out of Venice again but to some different places than we have already been.

It does pay to check. We're on the 11/29 sailing of the Jewel to the Mexican Riviera in an aft penthouse - total cost when I booked about 6 months ago was $4330 with $650 in OBC. After reading your post, I checked but no price drop.:mad:

After returning from a quick weekend trip to Las Vegas, I checked again. Score! The price for the cruise had dropped to $3560. :D I contacted our on-line travel agency who made the switch for us that same day.

So, right away we saved $770 from the price drop and even though we did lose $450 of the gratuities, that loss was more than compensated for with the UDP, UBP, DSC and $75 shore excursion credit for each of the 3 ports. I feel like I hit the jackpot.

Thanks, PoofCat99, your post reminded me to do my due diligence and I'll continue to check for (hopefully) additional price drops.

BTW, even though I've checked for price cuts in the past, this is the first cruise where we've had a price drop, all the others had increases.

Katink