Boarding time frustrations

I posted it at 9:23 eastern time, but the last I heard they were passing Hollywood. I know I know I just love living through other people on cruise day, I'm like Clark Griswold on sailing day. Out the door at 7:45 am if we sail out of Lauderdale. I'm a NUT

I hope they weren't passing Hollywood! That's south of the port. [emoji33]

I will be flying in from Dallas. I was wondering the latest I can arrive to pier for Oasis. I'm trying to find a flight that gets in there by noon. Not traveling until August I don't want to arrive until the day of departure. Thanks for any info.

I will be flying in from Dallas. I was wondering the latest I can arrive to pier for Oasis. I'm trying to find a flight that gets in there by noon. Not traveling until August I don't want to arrive until the day of departure. Thanks for any info.

You must be checked in no later than 90 minutes before scheduled departure time.

If you are flying all the way from Dallas to Florida, and are planning to arrive at noon.....I strongly advise you to take the money you are saving on hotel and meal expense and invest it in trip insurance....

I know some people don't have the ability to travel the day before but I would NEVER fly in the day of the cruise. Too many things can go wrong. A few years ago I was at the airport in Philadelphia for a morning flight to Miami. Was supposed to get us there before noon. Among the group of passengers was a wedding party flying to Miami to get on a cruise ship. The wedding was scheduled for the next day. Long story short there was so many delays that by the time we got to Miami late afternoon they had missed their cruise.

I always fly down the day before, stay in a hotel and I'm at the pier as early as possible. I'd rather be sitting at the terminal waiting to be let on the ship than sitting in the hotel.

I know some people don't have the ability to travel the day before but I would NEVER fly in the day of the cruise. Too many things can go wrong. A few years ago I was at the airport in Philadelphia for a morning flight to Miami. Was supposed to get us there before noon. Among the group of passengers was a wedding party flying to Miami to get on a cruise ship. The wedding was scheduled for the next day. Long story short there was so many delays that by the time we got to Miami late afternoon they had missed their cruise.

I always fly down the day before, stay in a hotel and I'm at the pier as early as possible. I'd rather be sitting at the terminal waiting to be let on the ship than sitting in the hotel.

AGREE!!! After all the planning, anything can go wrong the day of, but that leaves no time for Plan B. Car trouble on the way to the airport, issue at the house, late or cancelled departure/oversell. Get a hotel and feel you are relaxed and refreshed when you get on the boat.

This made my blood pressure rise. We sailed Liberty 4/16 and flew in the day of. We also had a connecting flight. We weren't even arriving in Lauderdale until 11 am. Triple anxiety, but it all worked out fine. I normally don't do that, but we had booked it just 3 weeks before and that was the best I could do. I just wanted to get to the ship asap!

Though I agree with this and now also arrive at least a day early, in my early days of cruising when I didn't know any better I flew in the day of the cruise for my first 3 cruises, one of them was departing from San Juan. Thankfully, I had no issues but now realize I was probably just lucky.

I posted it at 9:23 eastern time, but the last I heard they were passing Hollywood. I know I know I just love living through other people on cruise day, I'm like Clark Griswold on sailing day. Out the door at 7:45 am if we sail out of Lauderdale. I'm a NUT

LOL, I'm on the east coast now but my settings for CC are my home time zone (Pacific). Hence my mistake. She was cutting it a little close, then, but I do pretty much the same thing when I take the 2-5 hour drive to San Diego from LA for a cruise (when I can I spend a night enjoying all that SD has to offer), but I plan for the worst commute, not the best.

Glad she made it.

We live about 2 1/2 hours from Bayonne, a port we have used frequently. Until we started taking a Royal Caribbean-sponsored bus to the port, we would go the night before because I-78 is NOTORIOUS for accidents which tie things up for hours. Better safe than sorry....

They made it onboard

You made my blood pressure rise and I have a brother so much like your friends! You have to tell him an hour earlier, and they are showing up at the 55 minutes past or later! Me I always show up early! I fly in at least 24hrs earlier from northeast.

Thanks for trying to break the unbreakable brick wall of stupid! It is nice that someone was smiling and they made the ship!

The only port we go day of is Baltimore and that's because it's about 1 hour 15 minute drive and once took us 2 hours due to snow the day before and delays in schools, etc made rush hour late. We always leave our house by 9:30 to be in Baltimore before 11. For other ports, we spend the night in the city the port is in. Even going out of Bayonne, we take the train and stay in Newark overnight. I can't imagine sitting around saying 'oh the ship doesn't leave til xyz". We always board fairly early (normally by noon at the latest and usually earlier). Our back up plan for going out of FL or NJ is driving which is why we book the train for the day before (FL we take the auto train) and that way if it's cancelled we still have a full two days to drive there. I am not missing a cruise because of lack of planning.

Edited by BND

LOL, I'm on the east coast now but my settings for CC are my home time zone (Pacific). Hence my mistake. She was cutting it a little close, then, but I do pretty much the same thing when I take the 2-5 hour drive to San Diego from LA for a cruise (when I can I spend a night enjoying all that SD has to offer), but I plan for the worst commute, not the best.

Glad she made it.

yep, we expect the worst too.

Go 2 days early for FLL and 3+ for Europe. there is no non-stop from here, so always a connection and we arrive in after dinner time. Gives us one day to relax.

Had some delays and for odd reasons too, so it does happen!!! The airline flight before ours to YVR, was beside us at the gate in SFO. It was delayed so long they boarded the same time as us.:eek: They emptied the plane after some Elites had boarded because the Pilot's seat was broken.

Another time had a tail light burnt out and we waited on board for an hour--- for either a new one or sunup. Both came at the same time.:D

Another time the ramp was not there for an hour for us to disembark!!!

Waited on the tarmac in Paris, Fr. for the shuttle bus to fill up, we parked on the tarmac and needed a ride to the terminal-- then back through security again and Customs still to do!!! We were running with our shoes in our hands. Last 2 on board. The Airline booked us with that connection but we almost missed that flight to LAX and on to home.

So, we have had those thoughts that we were Very glad we didn't need to make the ship!!

Glad she made the cruise. Probably wasn't worried at all, just us reading it, we gave her good vibes to make the ship!!:D