cabin availability notification

thefamilycruisers

We are sailing in Oct 2015 and booked a GTY.

We just got our cabin assignment and it is less than ideal. I expect people will drop off as we get closer to final payment. I am not able to monitor the internet while at work and I know that things can shift fast.

Is there a way to get notifications of cabins that become available?

thanks.

Lisa

I don't know of any way to be alerted to a specific cabin becoming available, however, if a category is currently full and someone opens up a cabin, there is a web site that would notify you. Having teased you with that, I can't mention the web site here. That site will also notify you of price changes when they happen. I think to do what you want, you really have to check every day, or multiple times a day... We may both learn as others post on this thread...

Now that you are assigned to a cabin class, you can ask to move to any other cabin in that exact class without charge (unless your TA charges you). If prices drop after final payment, you can request moving to a "higher" class cabin being offered for less $'s as long as the cost of the higher price cabin is at least $1 more than your current cabin. If you change classes, you may well lose any benefits that you got when booking your guarantee...or they may differ. Perks don't automatically move to a new cabin in a different class.

Celebrity is not the swiftest to put cabins back on-line when they become open. Holland America took only 24 hours to offer the cabin we cancelled on their web site.

Just keep watching

Edited by ghstudio

...travel site. Do a pretend booking and when you choose a category, you can agree & actually see which cabins are available. You can do this 24 hours a day.

You can then call your TA to change rooms.

I would also keep monitoring as prices do change & if you see a big drop & a higher category, you could pay the difference & upgrade.

Another option since you are outside final payment, would be to cancel and rebook (assuming price/perks/etc are same).

I've just booked a guarantee on the Equinox and while I'm hoping for a 2B or 2C I fully expect to get a 2D. If I do the best I am hoping for is to select a 2D is one of the better locations.

In the past I've tried to upgrade to a higher/better category but the cost of doing so was too high. The issue I ran into was they based the upgrade on the cost I paid or the current cost of my cabin (whichever was lower) compared to the cabin I wanted to upgrade to.

...travel site. Do a pretend booking and when you choose a category, you can agree & actually see which cabins are available. You can do this 24 hours a day.

You can then call your TA to change rooms.

I would also keep monitoring as prices do change & if you see a big drop & a higher category, you could pay the difference & upgrade.

Actually, most sites, at least in the US, do not list all that are available, only a few from each category. =X= UK site does list, as far as I know, all cabin availability.

Actually, most sites, at least in the US, do not list all that are available, only a few from each category. =X= UK site does list, as far as I know, all cabin availability.

Many us sites now show up to 25 cabins available in each category.

There is one American site that shows all the cabins available (and is a big reason why I book with that site). Not sure if I'm allowed to mention site names so I'll say this; it is the site that shares its name with a chewing gum. ;):p

Edited by ImpulsivePuppy

There is one American site that shows all the cabins available (and is a big reason why I book with that site). Not sure if I'm allowed to mention site names so I'll say this; it is the site that shares its name with a chewing gum. ;):p

??? I thought I was pretty well versed on TA's and travel related sites and you've got me on this one.

We are sailing in Oct 2015 and booked a GTY.

We just got our cabin assignment and it is less than ideal. I expect people will drop off as we get closer to final payment. I am not able to monitor the internet while at work and I know that things can shift fast.

Is there a way to get notifications of cabins that become available?

thanks.

Lisa

You can check on UK celebrity site, they have full list of available cabins per category (if you pretend to book...)

• 1 year later...
ghstudio,

Now that is a tease!

Never one to back down from a challenge, I am scouring the internet.

haha.

I'm not sure if you ever found the site, but I have a feeling that it's the site that tracks price drops and will also notify you if certain categories sell out or become available again. To find it, Google "Cruise price drop alerts done right" and it will be the first on the list.

Note -- you need to pay to get notifications, $1 per cruise and you need to buy 5 credits up front.

I'd love to hear of a site that notifies you when cabins in a specific category become available, or even just emails you a daily list of available cabins in a specific category, although I have a feeling that such a site does not exist. I am currently booked in a C3, can get a free upgrade to C2 but the only cabin available is one I had on an earlier cruise and it's right under the Oceanview Cafe and I will NOT take it again (terrible noise issues). There are C2's elsewhere on the ship, but nothing else is available. I guess I'll have to keep checking for cabin availability.

Up to 50 cabins which for a lot of grades is enough.

eg on Connie there are 23 grade 9 have more than 50, 3 have more than 100.

if you dig around X have sheet with all the ships and No. of cabins in each grade.