Juneau Excursion Question

teachatthebeach

We are booked on a glacier landing/dogsledding tour. I understand that these tours are frequently cancelled, so I'm working on my backup plan.

If the dogsledding tour is cancelled, what are the chances of the Taku Lodge salmon feast tour being cancelled as well, and what are our chances of being able to book the Taku Lodge tour at the last minute? Should I even consider this?

The cancellation of the helicopter dog sledding is most often due to clouds and such that shouldn't impact other excursions.

One strategy is to schedule the excursion very early/late in the day so if canceled it doesn't have any other impact on your day in port.

I have not known Taku Lodge to take last minute passengers. Many times they are fully booked in advance. you need to contact them directly. With flight conditions, I have seen all flights canceled, depending on the flight conditions, as well as just the dog sledding tours, with the ability to substitute a regular glacier landing. (have that decided in advance if an option for you. You usually don't have a lot of time to decide.)

We are booked on a glacier landing/dogsledding tour. I understand that these tours are frequently cancelled, so I'm working on my backup plan.

If the dogsledding tour is cancelled, what are the chances of the Taku Lodge salmon feast tour being cancelled as well, and what are our chances of being able to book the Taku Lodge tour at the last minute? Should I even consider this?

The glacier landing / dog sled tour would be canceled because flight conditions prevent your from flying. Tours that do not involve flights are rarely canceled, though you might get wet.