Eclipse TA After Dry Dock.

upwarduk

I would be interested to hear/see too as we are back on in June however I'm not expecting much in the way of changes apart from the Molecular Bar being replaced. Seem Cellar Masters is staying but not sure if the Passport Bar is being changed into a Gastropub.

I would be interested to hear/see too as we are back on in June however I'm not expecting much in the way of changes apart from the Molecular Bar being replaced. Seem Cellar Masters is staying but not sure if the Passport Bar is being changed into a Gastropub.

I have a friend currently on board.

This is what he wrote me:

Just talked to one of the staff in the Gastrobar/Passport bar and here's what he said.

Two days ago they added a couple of wall coolers for beer and increased the beer selection somewhat.

For the remainder of this cruise the area will be called Gastrobar from 12:00 till 4:00, then called the Passport bar till closing. The food menu will be different between the Gastrobar and the Passport bar.

What's going to happen for the next cruise is anybody's guess!!!

The Cellar Masters remains as is for now.

I feel really badly for the crew.

Can you imagine trying to figure this out and then dealing with passengers who are also confused. :( :confused:

I have a friend currently on board.

This is what he wrote me:

Just talked to one of the staff in the Gastrobar/Passport bar and here's what he said.

Two days ago they added a couple of wall coolers for beer and increased the beer selection somewhat.

For the remainder of this cruise the area will be called Gastrobar from 12:00 till 4:00, then called the Passport bar till closing. The food menu will be different between the Gastrobar and the Passport bar.

What's going to happen for the next cruise is anybody's guess!!!

The Cellar Masters remains as is for now.

I feel really badly for the crew.

Can you imagine trying to figure this out and then dealing with passengers who are also confused. :( :confused:

Thanks very much for this.

This sounds like a bit of a mess really. So the Gastropub is a lunchtime venue. On our cruises on Eclipse Bistro on 5 has been deserted most days so I'm not sue why they think people will want another chargeable lunchtime venue especially as the Gastropub on Equinox has been reported to very quiet. I wonder if that area has had a refit at the same time or just the beer coolers and switching of names.

Thanks very much for this.

This sounds like a bit of a mess really. So the Gastropub is a lunchtime venue. On our cruises on Eclipse Bistro on 5 has been deserted most days so I'm not sue why they think people will want another chargeable lunchtime venue especially as the Gastropub on Equinox has been reported to very quiet. I wonder if that area has had a refit at the same time or just the beer coolers and switching of names.

It sure does sound like a mess.

You would think they could just change the name and say they serve food from 12 -4.

Or would that be too simple? :( :confused:

As for pictures, we'll just have to wait until someone with a lot of free internet sails. :p

As for pictures, we'll just have to wait until someone with a lot of free internet sails. [/Quote]

I suspect there aren't too many Zenith C.C cruisers who sail to Europe on a TA or out of Southampton.

I suspect there aren't too many Zenith C.C cruisers who sail to Europe on a TA or out of Southampton.

RS and PH get free unlimited internet now in addition to Zenith's.

Also, one can now buy an unlimited package, pricing seems to vary, I've seen it as $299 for a 7 night (Summit in January), and saw someone post $399 for a 12 night cruise along the way. I don't recall what the charge was for my 13 night TA, as I already had it as part of the RS.

Internet was actually reliable for my TA, I use Windows Remote Desktop Connect to "dial in" to my work PC, and was successful in getting things done about 95% of the time I needed to.

Edited by cle-guy

Ok, I'll try and give it a go - I'll get what price lists I can and maybe some photos, but I'll post that on the Roll Call thread for Eclipse for the 07 May sailing.

I've got plenty of internet, so I will try and just hope it isn't a slow connection.:)

I've seen a detail of the Luminae restaurant on Eclipse which appears to be on Deck 3, with the entrance near the ladies loo - and it doesn't take up as much space as I thought it would. I think it's about the size of the Grills restaurant on QE or QV.:)

I'm surprised too that there are no pictures yet. There is always someone wanting to be the first to share.

Will make our 7th may cruise all the more interesting if we've not seen any

So does this mean that you'll also post some pictures ? ;)

I am surprised that no one is reporting "Live from Eclipse."

Regarding the changes that have taken place after the Dry Dock.

I'm sure a number are interested, with photos if possible.

We have friends that our on the eclipse they got on at fort Lauderdale and are due together in southampton next week so the dry dock will have to be soon or maybe not frank and Jenny.

Just been talking to friend on the Eclipse, there are no plans for dry docking in the near future, any alterations will be done internal, there are no plans to halt cruising up to now.

:):):)

Just been talking to friend on the Eclipse, there are no plans for dry docking in the near future, any alterations will be done internal, there are no plans to halt cruising up to now.

Hi,

The drydock has just happened before the transatlantic began :D

That's funny in that the dry dock had already happened prior to their cruise, however it's a good thing in that they must've done a good job as there must be no mess or 'work on progress' for them to notice! [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If there is a beverage outlet known as SLUSH on the starboard side forward of the pool just before entering the aqua pool then Eclipse had a drydock. It used to be an unused kiosk for lost and found and towel folding, Passport bar probably had beer coolers added to it if not more.

Eclipse had a drydock just prior to its crossing, based on info here,

That's funny in that the dry dock had already happened prior to their cruise, however it's a good thing in that they must've done a good job as there must be no mess or 'work on progress' for them to notice! [emoji106]

I'm thinking that they are having such a fabulous time that nobody has time to send us any info or pictures.

I'm struggling to find a way to take iphone6 pictures and load into cc threads. Flickr won't give me the url options on my phone so we're now testing lots of other software

Anyone knows which works best, either using tapatalk to load or the cc app.

Happy to load different photo apps to do it

Flickr puts a link in and not a photo using an iPad or phone

Cheers

Edited by Tiggertastic

I'm thinking that they are having such a fabulous time that nobody has time to send us any info or pictures.

I'm struggling to find a way to take iphone6 pictures and load into cc threads. Flickr won't give me the url options on my phone so we're now testing lots of other software

Cheers

I use http://tinypic.com/ seems to work OK

ortmjt.jpg

Anyone know the port?

Edited by SWORRUB1

My husband rocks, he's got it sorted

I can now take pics on Thursday and load them.

Also going to add tiny pic as a backup, thanks for the info

What's the method you're going to use? It might help others as well... I know I could do with so help?! [emoji33]

Cheers

If you use Tapatalk then you can click the 'Mountain' icon and select the photo from your iphone and it will be included in your post.