At 272 days, when will excursions and FTTF be available?

RW20

I heard the shore excursions come available for sale at 275 days... Well there are 4 listed right now and no FTTF fun.

Do the excursions come out all at once or do they just trickle out? Also does anyone know when we can book FTTF. I am not going to get it because we are in a OS but my sister is in an balcony and she wants it because she will have a 2 year old with her.

In my experience, many of the excursions are announced after the first of each year. I think they have to negotiate with the providers before deciding which excursions will be offered that year. Since availability of FTTF depends upon how many platinum cruisers are on your particular sailing, I would guess they won't offer it until they can see how bookings are working out and will offer it closer to your cruise date. Keep checking.

I'm at 244 days and not all excursions are avail yet, same with the fftf. With faster to the fun they could be closer towards your sailing day as they hold some back for the platinum and diamond members. Once they have a better idea of any of those are sailing then they will release them. I just get in the habit of checking daily

I don't see the value of the FTTF. When we embarked, the FTTF boarded maybe 15 minutes before we did. Didn't really see any benefit to them for shore excursions, nor for debarkation.

I think it is a slick marketing gimmick by Carnival to appease the microwave mentality that persists in our society. Everyone feels they need to be first and folks happily fork over their money to have that feeling.

I don't see the value of the FTTF. When we embarked, the FTTF boarded maybe 15 minutes before we did. Didn't really see any benefit to them for shore excursions, nor for debarkation.

I think it is a slick marketing gimmick by Carnival to appease the microwave mentality that persists in our society. Everyone feels they need to be first and folks happily fork over their money to have that feeling.

It's not about being "first" on the ship; if you don't see the value, then don't purchase it! For those of us who travel alone (or especially with children), being able to drop things off at your cabin before getting some lunch is worth it! It's also nice being able to use the short line at Guest Services......

It's not about being "first" on the ship; if you don't see the value, then don't purchase it! For those of us who travel alone (or especially with children), being able to drop things off at your cabin before getting some lunch is worth it! It's also nice being able to use the short line at Guest Services......

You're right, I don't see the value and don't purchase it. To each his own and those that want to spend money on that "perk", then be my guest. We've always been able to meet our cabin steward and drop our carry-on off in the closest before heading to lunch and it hasn't cost us any extra.

I know it sounds like I'm knocking the program, but I really think it is just a slick marketing gimmick.

Yes your right, I am one of those who wants to be at the front of the line. But the best part of fttf for me is priority tender. I do not like to stand in line for a number, and then waiting to be called. I want off ASAP. In cabo with a short day you can lose over 2hours waiting to tender. So if I have even one tender port I'm buying fttf. :D

We are at 261 days and a few shore excursions have started to trickle in. No FTTF yet, but my PVP told me to expect it sometime in may. So I would say that's somewhere in the 250 mark. I would think keep looking excursions are likely to start showing up any day now, you're at the point where ours started showing up!

You're right, I don't see the value and don't purchase it. To each his own and those that want to spend money on that "perk", then be my guest. We've always been able to meet our cabin steward and drop our carry-on off in the closest before heading to lunch and it hasn't cost us any extra.

I know it sounds like I'm knocking the program, but I really think it is just a slick marketing gimmick.

Isn't it against the rules to go to your cabin until they are done cleaning (unless you are FTTF, diamond or platinum)? It might be a marketing gimmick to you, but maybe others don't like to break rules.

Isn't it against the rules to go to your cabin until they are done cleaning (unless you are FTTF, diamond or platinum)? It might be a marketing gimmick to you, but maybe others don't like to break rules.

LOL. Never had a problem going to room early even before faster to the fun. Rooms stewards were great. Learned that trick from my parents.

Can totally see having faster to the fun on a tendered port. That is a real bummer having to wait an hour or two to get ashore.

Back to original post,

I think its going to take a little while longer for the journey cruises to post excursions. They have been adding to excursion list over the past few weeks.

I actually called Carnival to find out why FTTF wasn't available yet for my Nov 2016 cruise because other excursions are now starting to show up. The rep said its because they need to get an idea first of how many diamonds and platinums are going to book the cruise first. So there really is no set time that it will be available, because it's contingent on how fast the cruise books up. So, unfortunately I will have to keep checking everyday.

LOL. Never had a problem going to room early even before faster to the fun. Rooms stewards were great. Learned that trick from my parents.

Can totally see having faster to the fun on a tendered port. That is a real bummer having to wait an hour or two to get ashore.

Back to original post,

I think its going to take a little while longer for the journey cruises to post excursions. They have been adding to excursion list over the past few weeks.

Aren't the doors typically closed with note stating cabins aren't ready until x time?