Can we eat dinner at 8:00 and still make the shows?

Greetings!

We will be cruising on the Freedom of the Seas on May 17.

We are booked for dinner at 8:00. From what we understand the shows are typically at 7 and 9:00. Will we have any trouble seeing an entire show at 7:00 or will we have to leave early to make dinner?

Thanks!

The shows are typically less than an hour. You should be able to attend the early show and head right to the dining room with no problem. I assume you have MTD, so even if you arrive a few minutes after 8pm there should be no problem.

In fact, we usually have 7:45 MTD reservations and attend the first show. So, I think the early show must start earlier...at 6:30pm.

The shows(most of them) are about 45-50 minutes). I would sit near the exit in the theater if you can and leave immediately when the show is over and you should make your 8pm reservation. If you are 4 or 5 minutes(no more) late, you will be fine. Usually at the end of the show, the CD comes out and talks about events happening later that evening. Do not stay for this spiel, just get up and leave and proceed to the MDR. Enjoy your cruise.:)

If we're scheduled for the 7:45 dinner slot, is it realistic that we'll be able to make the late show?

Possible, but you will be rushing. You want to get to the theater ahead of time to have good choice of seats. You also have to walk the length of the ship. I suggest you tell your waiter you want to be done by 8:30 or so.

Forgive me, but I'm in the same boat as OP. I have a reservation 8:30pm late seating(not MTD) on Oasis next month and am worried about catching shows also. Reading all the posts on CC, I keep going back and forth if I should change it.

For reference, My party includes 2 three year olds, 1 teen and 7 adults. I'm celebrating a 40th birthday on the ship. I figured the wait for MTD every night would be too long. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off Oasis and RCL runs an entirely different entertainment schedule than on the Freedom Class Ship, meaning it's not the same every night and entertainment is in multiple venues. On Oasis you can make reservations for both dinner and shows in advance. As a matter of fact I strongly recommend that you make the show reservations before you get on board or there's a good chance you won't get in.

Listen, if you are eating dinner in the dining room at a table with other people there is no way that you can expect to roll in at 8:00 or 8:30 and expect to make a 9:00 show. If you eat that late, you need to see the earlier show. Even 8 is unrealistic because others at your table may order stuff, send it back, you all chat, things get drawn out.

Now, if you eat at a table for 2, then yes you can tell your waiter that you are trying to make a show, but even that will not work for dinner at 8:30 and a show at 9.

Next free MTD slot "down" is 6:45pm.

No, that is just what they tell you. There are other times available and of course, you can always just "show up". Try going at an unconventional "off-peak" time, such as 6:53, or 8:11 or something like that. We have never made reservations for MTD and have usually been seated immediately. The longest we ever waited for a table was two minutes. :)

Forgive me, but I'm in the same boat as OP. I have a reservation 8:30pm late seating(not MTD) on Oasis next month and am worried about catching shows also. Reading all the posts on CC, I keep going back and forth if I should change it.

For reference, My party includes 2 three year olds, 1 teen and 7 adults. I'm celebrating a 40th birthday on the ship. I figured the wait for MTD every night would be too long. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Why would the wait for MTD be too long? On nights we did not make a reservation that morning we maybe waited 10 minutes. When we had reservations, we went right in. Everyone is different, but I would not want to feed a three year old at 8:30 let alone two of them. Half the time they may be sleeping through dinner or really cranky.

On NAV, the first show was for late seating guests - show started at 6:30. We were MTD and if we wanted to do first show, we would do a 7:30 MTD dinner after at the recommendation of the Headwaiter. It worked out well when we did it!

I wouldn't worry about a wait for MTD if you make a reservation ahead of time!

We usually have late MDR seating as well. Some nights the show for late dining is before dinner (I.e. 7pm). Other nights it's after, at 9:45 or 10. If you have MDR seating, you won't miss a show.

I've seen many posts saying wait time can be as high as 45 minutes for MTD. Figured a party of 10 would be definite wait time.

No, that is just what they tell you. There are other times available and of course, you can always just "show up". Try going at an unconventional "off-peak" time, such as 6:53, or 8:11 or something like that. We have never made reservations for MTD and have usually been seated immediately. The longest we ever waited for a table was two minutes. :)

Really? (strokes chin) Good to know...