Love Bugs ....

Capt_BJ

dunno about other parts of Florida

but if heading towards Canaveral be advised

Love Bugs are out in force .... more than I've noticed the last couple of years.

I hit a couple of spots where it sounded like I was driving thru rain . . . :eek:

Edited by Capt_BJ

dunno about other parts of Florida

but if heading towards Canaveral be advised

Love Bugs are out in force .... more than I've noticed the last couple of years.

I hit a couple of spots where it sounded like I was driving thru rain . . . :eek:

We just drove thru swarms of them today south of Canaveral (coming from Fort Lauderdale). I really should have taken a picture of the grill of my car. Bodies everywhere :eek: - it looked like it could have been in a horror movie! When we get to our final destination on Friday my first stop will be a full service car wash (I have a feeling I'm going to have give them quite a tip). :D

Just starting to come out in the St. Augustine area. Nasty things. A pair landed on the mouth of my soda bottle the other day and I had to throw it away, lol. I know what you're doing, bugs!

Greetings

Traveled across from St Pete to the east coast 2 weekends ago. They were aterrible through the center of the state. I haven't seen them this thick for many years. Not too many if south Florida yet, you see one or two but no huge swarms.

Good Sailing

Tom

OMG!:eek:

Google is not my friend. I'm so sorry I looked them up.

I'm sorry you Floridians have to deal with those. Icky icky icky!

OMG same. I was thinking "what's a love bug?"

Sorry I looked it up...

OMG!:eek:

Google is not my friend. I'm so sorry I looked them up.

I'm sorry you Floridians have to deal with those. Icky icky icky!

OMG same. I was thinking "what's a love bug?"

Sorry I looked it up...

This is something we contend with around mid to end of April through May. I try to stay out of those areas during the 6 weeks of "loving." South Florida (south of St. Lucie) doesn't seem to be affected.

DW drove back yesterday and the car looked like it went through an off road rally. Bug splatterings all over the grill, hood, and windshield. Fortunately, the polyurethane paint coating made them easier to clean off. Didn't even use the bug remover stuff.

They look almost as nasty as fish flies in Michigan in mid-June! Be-yuck!! The swarms get so thick in the air and on the ground and when you drive over them, they snap, crackle and pop....and make the roads more slick than ice! I don't go anywhere near the water until fish fly season is over! :eek:

I know, I know. Lots of sand but no waves. We do have some fun critters out there in the desert and it does get a little warm in the summer but no love bugs.

I would love to be close to a ship parking area but as it is I need winning lottery tickets now.

4boysnana

These photos were taken at New Smyrna Beach:

15314288885_846557a633_z.jpg

15127731117_198ae1e2cd_z.jpg

15313817105_956c9f063e_z.jpg

What, no sharks. ;)

BTW, is this now? We have heavy surf in Cocoa, but waves only around 3'

Edited by John&LaLa

What, no sharks. ;)

BTW, is this now? We have heavy surf in Cocoa, but waves only around 3'

My son surfs and says he sees sharks most every time he's out.

These photos were taken a few months ago, but I hope the surf will pick up tomorrow and Wednesday as a low moves North along the coast. If it does, I may be out there photographing the surfers.

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/cocoa-beach-pier-florida_4421/