Jeans at the Steakhouse - BREEZE

fozzy1975

Originally Posted by fozzy1975 View Post

I was looking to wear a pair of new jeans with a black halter that ties around the neck, my black heals and jazz it up with some cute accessories. Will that be ok? I do not want to be turned away.

I think you should dress like this and post a pic so I can see how good it looks. Then I will be able to advise!

Thanks!

Did you happen to get the pics of your outfit yet?

Just Checking.

:D

I don't disagree. Just saying what we were told when we made the reservation as well as the card that was delivered to our cabin.

The wedding invitation I just got does not say no jeans, naturally would not wear them. IMHO I do not choose jeans when I go to Del Friscos or Ruth Chris. To each his own.

The wedding invitation I just got does not say no jeans, naturally would not wear them. IMHO I do not choose jeans when I go to Del Friscos or Ruth Chris. To each his own.

There are JEANS and there are jeans. Black jeans can look very dressy-same for white. And brand new blue jeans can look dressy too with the right accessories. I see no problem as long as they aren't ripped up or dirty.

There are JEANS and there are jeans. Black jeans can look very dressy-same for white. And brand new blue jeans can look dressy too with the right accessories. I see no problem as long as they aren't ripped up or dirty.

I completely agree. I think, especially for women, it's very easy to dress up a nice pair of jeans by wearing a nice blouse and nice shoes. But on the other hand, I don't think you should wear faded jeans with sneakers and a t-shirt to a nice restaurant. So I feel like with jeans it can really go either way.

We dress the same for Ruth Chris as we do the Steakhouse. Hubby wears dress black jeans and a Tommy Bahama button up silk camp shirt. I do my boring black palazzo pant with dressy top. We both wear sandals, his closed toe leather and mine embellished flip flop. We look great and are seated without hesitation from either hostess.

Your outfit sounds appropriate and attractive.

I really don't get why someone would be concerned about someone else's attire.:confused:

They paid their money and you paid yours.

They are comfortable and if your not, it's your problem not theirs.

Can't argue with that.

Probably difference between men & women, I am a man.

No wonder they called Carnival the walmart of cruising. I guess it will be ok if the jeans are hanging below your butt.

[/php]

I didn't see a single poster say anything about jeans hanging below your butt but you. Most of us know what nicer jeans look like...in fact at many of the nicer steak houses I have been to around my area they are the norm.

I feel people should be dressed appropriately at a fine dine type of restaurant.

Although I have not been to the steakhouse on the ship. I would dress the same

way as if it was a fine land based steakhouse.

Nice pants/slacks- Nice shirt and shoes

The key words in your post are "I feel". What you "feel" and what Carnival and many fine land steak houses today "feel" are appropriate are not the same. Times are constantly changing. If it didn't then we would see guys walking around in tights and powdered wigs and/or those polyester disco suits yet. Our culture is more relaxed and casual and the Carnival dress code reflects that. What you "feel" is appropriate is considered "old fashioned" by many people today. Who knows, if you wait around long enough it may come back....but those tights and wigs never did js:D.

Wear the jeans! You will be fine!:D:D

I agree with an earlier post, a lot of the new jeans coming out, with the dark wash, look classier than slacks.

They can easily be dressed up with a cute top and sandals.

Don't worry about what anyone else things.

It's YOUR vacation.

YOU paid for it.

THEY didn't.:D:D:D