Jeans at the Steakhouse - BREEZE

fozzy1975

Please do not chop my head off, I am simply asking a question. I looked up the dress code for the steakhouse and saw Cruise Casual/Elegant. I then saw the description on carnivals website:

For the ladies — Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

I was looking to wear a pair of new jeans with a black halter that ties around the neck, my black heals and jazz it up with some cute accessories. Will that be ok? I do not want to be turned away.

The dress code for the steakhouse is similar to the dress code for the MDR. If you stop by the steakhouse early on embarkation day, ask the manager any questions you might have about the dress code. He / she will be happy to answer your questions and put your mind at ease.

When we were on the Dream we dined at the steakhouse six evenings, I wore nice flip flops, capri pants and a nice top. My other half had a pair of dockers pants and a collared short sleeve shirt, in fact, i do believe there was a day when he was able to wear jeans but it wasn't on formal night.

I almost always wear jeans in the steakhouse.

"*Please note: Steakhouses are only available on Conquest-class, Spirit-class, Splendor-class and Dream-class ships. Please refer to Carnival.com to see if your ship has a steakhouse onboard. Requested dates and times will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis. If requested time is full, the next available time slot will be assigned. Dress Code is Cruise Elegant. Jeans allowed on Cruise Casual evenings. The $35 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staff's gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The reservation fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. By popular request, all dining rooms are smoke-free. Please allow 2 1/2 hours for dining experience.

https://secure.carnival.com/Activities/Controls/SteakhouseRequest?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7

I have worn both dockers and new unfaded black jeans to both the Steakhouse and the MDR in the last few years.

My time of getting dressed up on Carnival or NCL is over. Been more than 5 years since I've worn my tux on CCL.

That said, I'll probably squeeze my tux into my carry on for my next cruise on the Celebrity Summit.

Sometimes jeans are fancier than dress pants! I wore dark washed jeans with a black halter and heels last steakhouse experience and fit right in!

There is definately a difference between "church" jeans and every day jeans. Church jeans tend to be darker wash and for guys (the ones I've seen anyway) starched and ironed with a nice crease in the legs.

Then again...I'm from Texas. We wear jeans with everything and anything! :D

The only thing we have seen every time is when we make a reservation and with the reminder they send to the cabin is that shorts are not allowed.

I feel people should be dressed appropriately at a fine dine type of restaurant.

Although I have not been to the steakhouse on the ship. I would dress the same

way as if it was a fine land based steakhouse.

Nice pants/slacks- Nice shirt and shoes

I feel people should be dressed appropriately at a fine dine type of restaurant.

I don't disagree. Just saying what we were told when we made the reservation as well as the card that was delivered to our cabin.

I don't disagree. Just saying what we were told when we made the reservation as well as the card that was delivered to our cabin.

CCL should enforce stricter rules. I guess they dont want to cause problems.

But, If your not properly dressed they should direct people to the buffet.

Or to put on some proper clothing. This is not KFC

CCL should enforce stricter rules. I guess they dont want to cause problems.

But, If your not properly dressed they should direct people to the buffet.

Or to put on some proper clothing. This is not KFC

What I wish they really would enforce is against people who come in the MDR 30 minutes late.

I was looking to wear a pair of new jeans with a black halter that ties around the neck, my black heals and jazz it up with some cute accessories. Will that be ok? I do not want to be turned away.

I think you should dress like this and post a pic so I can see how good it looks. Then I will be able to advise!

Thanks!

From one NYer to another: Carnival's policy and your opinion are two different items. If I abide by Carnival's policy, then your opinion doesn't matter much anymore, now does it? Especially if you haven't even stepped one foot inside of it.

I've worn jeans to Peter Luger's, the #1 steakhouse in the whole USA and they didn't have a problem. When Carnival had a stricter dress code, I was okay with that too. But as I said in an earlier post, my days of wearing my tux on Carnival are long over. Celebrity is another story and a different dress code.

I've seen a mixture of just about everything in the steakhouse. Some people wear jeans(doesn't bother me) and some wear dresses and men with ties. I think as long as you make yourself look nice and presentable you will be fine.

Like others have said, there's a difference between jeans you would wear out to dinner at home or to church and a pair of jeans you would do yard work in. Clearly one of those you wouldn't want to wear to the steakhouse.

We have the steakhouse booked on our next cruise because we are embarking for our cruise on the day of our anniversary, and keeping up with tradition we are doing out to a "nice dinner". Which is what we would do if we were at home. So, I am planning on wearing a dress and a jacket and I'm going to have my husband wear a shirt and tie. Will we be dressed nicer than they require? Sure but we don't care! We dress for ourselves not because of what others think!!