How bad is an inside on Jewel

Nice view in Cocoa Beach. We are looking into some property for personal use and rental in Cocoa beach or the surrounding beaches. I would love to have that view. Would you mind telling me the property location or building name?

Thanks, M

ps - I wish there was some way to IM on CC so I don't have to list an email account.

M

Try this

Jdurland10655 at rpc dot net

Are the Pacific Coastal cruises usually more expensive. We were on the Allure in a JS for the same price as the E1 on Jewel. I'm also worried about the reviews on Jewel, is she tired and worn out and ready for dry dock.

We will be on Jewel's Pacific Coastal cruise in a few weeks and will be happy to report back to you on her condition. Based on our past experiences on a variety of RCI ships and seeing first hand, the day to day maintenance that is done as a matter of course, I seriously doubt that we will find her to be "tired and worn out". Certainly all of the ships, carrying as they do, thousands of passengers week after week, may show some signs of wear and tear from time to time, but most of that is dealt with swiftly and doesn't require a dry dock.

We chose this cruise because of its itinerary and because a number of friends from past cruises will be onboard. We are in a D2 balcony but would have considered an inside if nothing else had been available. The lack of an outside light is about the only drawback for me. I keep waiting for it to get lighter in the morning and it never does.:D

I cruise for the ocean. I want to see the ocean. I want to see that I AM ON THE OCEAN. It would be like going to a beach resort and having a room with 4 walls and no window.:eek: I did it once and only once. An inside just seems like a waste of my precious cruise time and dollars. I have been looking at the same cruise the OP is thinking about. Love the Radiance Class and the west coast is so enticing, but not without a balcony.

Thanks! I put a courtesy hold on the E1. It is $1,000 more, not sure if it would be worth it.

Are the Pacific Coastal cruises usually more expensive. We were on the Allure in a JS for the same price as the E1 on Jewel. I'm also worried about the reviews on Jewel, is she tired and worn out and ready for dry dock.

We are doing B2B on Jewel in the fall, Sept 26 and Oct 3 and we opted for an inside (N cabin). The it was not worth the several thousands more for a balcony we would get minimal use of with these port intensive cruises.

We normally get a balcony (preference is a JS :)) but we had an inside for out 14 day Panama Canal cruise in 2013 and loved it. That cruise had far more at sea days than these Jewel cruises will have but we just spent them up by the pool.

Would you pay an extra $1,000 for a E1 guarantee from a N inside? Is a balcony a must for the Pacific Coast?

We have never had an inside.

I don't think a balcony is a must. How many days is the cruise?

I think we prefer balconies,just kinda enjoy sitting on the balcony watching the ocean go by. We only started cruising in 2010 and our first few cruises were in insides. They were fine. As some people mentioned,you get a good sleep because it is so dark. Now, I look at the price difference, if a balcony is not too much more than an inside, we go with the balcony.

It's a 7 day cruise with only one at sea day and an overnight in San Francisco.

Thanks Bill.

If the $1000 is the total cost from an inside to a balcony, then I would seriously consider it. If it is the per person cost, then it would be too much for me.

Would you pay an extra $1,000 for a E1 guarantee from a N inside? Is a balcony a must for the Pacific Coast?

We have never had an inside.

First of all, I wanted to mention that there is currently an E3 available (not a gty) on your sailing, priced at $69 less than the E1 gty (total). Not sure of the location. And Oceanview (Cat G) is also available, for $796 less than the E1 gty (total).

While only you can decide if the extra $ is worth it, consider that you have always booked a balcony or JS. We enjoy the ocean, scenery, and fresh air that a balcony provides. You will be sailing in and out of some beautiful ports, including sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge. Personally, I would book the balcony if you can, I don't think you'll regret it. This will be the first time we'll be bringing wine onboard, and where better to enjoy it than our own balcony.

The handful of California Pacific Coastal cruises for 2015 were booked very early by a lot of cruisers eager to sail from CA again. I booked on 2/19 last year, and rates have only increased.

From what I know, the Jewel has been well taken care of and she has an exceptional crew. Can't wait to board! :cool:

I have no particular choice and more than happy to stay in an inside cabin. I stayed in an inside cabin on Jewel but it was a long ago and quite happily stay in one again.

When looking for a cruise, I do start looking at inside cabin first then work my way up if it is not a massive jump to next category. But give me an inside anytime. Even when I have a balcony cabin, I hardly spend anytime out there.

Thanks Bill.

If the $1000 is the total cost from an inside to a balcony, then I would seriously consider it. If it is the per person cost, then it would be too much for me.

Thanks Bob!

It is $1,000 total. Would you pick a E1 guarantee or E3 (7556) only one available. The E3 is $69.00 ea. less. I am thinking the E1 guarantee, what are your thoughts on this. I have never done a guarantee.

Thanks Bob!

It is $1,000 total. Would you pick a E1 guarantee or E3 (7556) only one available. The E3 is $69.00 ea. less. I am thinking the E1 guarantee, what are your thoughts on this. I have never done a guarantee.

If you are happy with the location of the E3, I'd take that. If you can live with any location, and want to roll the dice on the samll chance that you may get upgraded to something better than an E1, then take the guarantee.

We are looking at a Pacific Coastal cruise this fall on the Jewel and all categories are sold out except Insides L, N, & K.

How bad would one of these rooms be? Anyone stayed in these type rooms? We have always booked a balcony or jr. suite. Which floors or rooms would we need to avoid?

We are looking at the 10/3/15 out of LA. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

It's really just a matter of preferences. I stay in inside rooms frequently, I like the prices. But of course you have no view and no balcony, so they aren't for everybody. If you can live without them, go for it. I'm not in the room much, so the lack of amenities doesn't bother me.

They're only about 170-ish square feet, which is the size of a small bedroom in a house. That space also includes the cabin's bathroom, closet, vanity and small couch which eat up space.

Thanks Bob!

I would book the E3 and keep checking to see if a better location opens up. Cabin 7556 is noted as an obstructed view, but likely because of the lifeboat cover. (You won't be able to see straight down into the water). A higher deck is preferred on the Radiance class ships.

Just off the Jewel Sat May 2nd. This was cruise #12 maybe 13? so we have cruised before. We had an inside with 3 adults in cabin 3137, we are fine with an inside room as we honestly don't use it much except to sleep, shower and change. When the weather is nice I want to be out and about seeing things! We have had a balcony once and I can't say I even sat out there one time. I do have a picture of our room somewhere if you are interested I can try to post it.

I also talked to a first time cruiser who had an inside room and they commented how great they slept!

Edited by tidygirl

Just off the Jewel Sat May 2nd. This was cruise #12 maybe 13? so we have cruised before. We had an inside with 3 adults in cabin 3137, we are fine with an inside room as we honestly don't use it much except to sleep, shower and change. When the weather is nice I want to be out and about seeing things! We have had a balcony once and I can't say I even sat out there one time. I do have a picture of our room somewhere if you are interested I can try to post it.

I also talked to a first time cruiser who had an inside room and they commented how great they slept!

Yes, please post a picture if you can find it! Thanks!

Benefits of an interior: Lowest cost. Great for those who like dark for sleeping. Less roll (motion of ocean) compared to outside or higher deck. Usually quietest rooms if located properly. Have stayed in many inside rooms; tens of thousands of people per week can't be wrong.

I think most peoples reactions after having an inside for the first time is "That was fine, I was never in the room during the day."

But if you do value scenic views and your own quiet spot to sit and read and listen to the waves; well, not so much then.

If it's the difference between on da boat or not on da boat, I'd take it every time without hesitation.