Come on now ......

Just off the Indy on sunday:

People, please use the hand sanitizer stations in the windjammer and dining rooms. It's for yours and our protection. Don't just walk past them. These are the same people that poop and don't wash their hands I'll bet.

Unless you are 80, use a wheel chair, or a cane please feel free to walk up or down ONE deck using the stairs instead of stopping a full elevator full of people to be so lazy.

Please ditch your beat up Harley Davidson shirt and hockey jersey and show up in the main dining room looking presentable and show respect for once in your life... slobs.

In the Windjammer, don't stand around the buffett holding conversations with 10 of family members blocking traffic and food accessability. Go sit down and get out of the way.

Thanks ....

Edited by tallnthensome

I know some people have problems with the alcohol hand sanitizer - it can cause skin irritations.

However I agree that common/basic hygiene should be practised by everyone. It's a shame it doesn't.

PROTIP: Sanatise your hands before entering the windjammer and then again after you've made your food selection (ie: just before eating). That way if the tongs were 'contaminated', it will reduce your chance of being sick.

Unless you are 80, use a wheel chair, or a cane please feel free to walk up or down ONE deck using the stairs instead of stopping a full elevator full of people to be so lazy.

Thanks ....

This makes me crazy!!

Why do you ASSume that because someone looks fine [to you] they don't need to use the elevator? And, what right do you have to decide who should or shouldn't use an elevator?

Stop judging people!

Just off the Indy on sunday:...Unless you are 80, use a wheel chair, or a cane please feel free to walk up or down ONE deck using the stairs instead of stopping a full elevator full of people to be so lazy....

A bit grumpy at having to go home? You have some valid points, though it would have been nice to balance them with some good points from your trip - surely there were some! On the 'one deck' issue - wrong, wrong, wrong! You have no idea what physical issues people are struggling with that might make it very painful or unwise to walk even one flight of stairs. Heart issues, scoliosis, sciatica, recent knee surgery, vertigo....don't be so judgemental on something when you cannot possibly know the circumstances.

About the elevator.....You wouldn't know by looking at us but we do have a very hard time walking up the stairs. Going down isn't too bad. We're not spring chickens and if an elevator is available, we will gladly use it. We aren't lazy by any means. :mad:

This makes me crazy!!

Why do you ASSume that because someone looks fine [to you] they don't need to use the elevator? And, what right do you have to decide who should or shouldn't use an elevator?

Stop judging people!

No, when they can run to catch it before the door closes while laughing and are 40 years old it's pretty easy to judge and call them lazy and more or less rude.

A bit grumpy at having to go home? You have some valid points, though it would have been nice to balance them with some good points from your trip - surely there were some!
The cruise was darn near perfect and the ship was extra clean and the staff was great .... but that makes for boring conversation.

Agree about hand washing and hand sanitizer - however, I strongly disagree with your comment regarding elevator usage!

You have no idea how painful walking just one flight of stairs is for someone way UNDER 80 with bad knees!

Edited by trvlmil

No, when they can run to catch it before the door closes while laughing and are 40 years old it's pretty easy to judge and call them lazy and more or less rude.

I'm 41 (although look in my 30s). I run regularly. However I have a hip issue that makes climbing stairs (up or down) extremely painful. I will gladly take an elevator where one is available in order to avoid that pain. You're on a cruise. Relax. Are you really in that much of a hurry that having to share your elevator with people going one stop is going to put you out that much? Maybe use the time to have a quck chat to your fellow passengers. They sound like they were enjoying themselves :)

I'm 41 (although look in my 30s). I run regularly. However I have a hip issue that makes climbing stairs (up or down) extremely painful. I will gladly take an elevator where one is available in order to avoid that pain. You're on a cruise. Relax. Are you really in that much of a hurry that having to share your elevator with people going one stop is going to put you out that much? Maybe use the time to have a quck chat to your fellow passengers. They sound like they were enjoying themselves :)

Cruise critic needs a LIKE button!!!!

People, please use the hand sanitizer stations in the windjammer and dining rooms. It's for yours and our protection. Don't just walk past them. These are the same people that poop and don't wash their hands I'll bet.

Please ditch your beat up Harley Davidson shirt and hockey jersey and show up in the main dining room looking presentable and show respect for once in your life... slobs.

In the Windjammer, don't stand around the buffett holding conversations with 10 of family members blocking traffic and food accessability. Go sit down and get out of the way.

Thanks ....

In DCL they made it "mandatory" in that they have 1 or 2 cast members on every door handing out non-alcohol antiseptic wipes. They very "kindly" make sure every one wipes their hands, but _specially_ the little ones. I would think it would be in RCCL's best interest to make sure digestive issues don't propagate on board, so maybe they should "enforce" hand-cleaning that way.

Heart issues, scoliosis, sciatica, recent knee surgery, vertigo....don't be so judgemental on something when you cannot possibly know the circumstances.

I have heart issues, however my DH and I are stair walkers when at all possible. My limit is 6 decks up without a rest, but going down is unlimited. Funny that you should mention vertigo, though. When walking down stairs on some ships, I get vertigo from the changing carpet patterns on the threads. I do not use the hand rails, so I have to look down when walking. Those patterns can throw me off and make me skip a step. :rolleyes::D:eek:

Tongs/serving spoons in the buffets are the worst in the bacteria department.

I use my non-prominent hand - the left - to pick up and use the tongs...this after a hand washing in the restroom and then using the hand sanitizer.

Thanks ....

Wow!

I have a serious heart condition that has me medically unable to use stairs, up or down. You would not know it by looking at me, or by seeing me walk.

to those concerning the hand sanitizer I think the Op was just generalizing. I'm sure he's aware there are many folks that can't or prefer not to use it, but i'd imagine you'd observe 90% of people not using it. I guess we could assume they all washed hands prior- but really, I'd bet not. To be honest on our last 4 cruises I'll admit I didn't go out of the way to wash hands - there! I said it! Looking back that was probably foolish. Knowing what I know now I should have , and in the future will make sure to do that.

Funny that YOU should find THAT rude.... You don't know MY history; nor do I plan to share it with you. None of your business-- but if it bothers you, YOU are welcome to take the stairs.

Thanks ....

So you just got off a cruise ship and this is what you wish to discuss? All the negatives? You really don't sound like my kind of people. :eek: I feel bad for those that cruised with you or around you.

Wow!

I have a serious heart condition that has me medically unable to use stairs, up or down. You would not know it by looking at me, or by seeing me walk.

So nice to know I'm not alone............

So I guess you were one of the lazy people in the elevator full of people who didn't want to take the stairs. So we should use the stairs so you can ride without stopping??? Yeah..... Right!

My husband once got a dressing down from someone for parking in a pregnant mother spot at the mall. He was retrieving the car from the space that I had left it in, when I waddled in to the mall with my huge pregnant belly, and then found myself unable to waddle back out to it. You can't judge every situation by only the facts you see in front of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a serious heart condition too, and one of the "perks" is that you look very healthy, usually slim and it affects a great many people who were, like me very healthy, active. I use the elevator, and I know there are always people who think I'm lazy. No one should have to apologize and explain a medical condition to justify riding an elevator.

My husband's knees are beginning to bother him at 81 so even though he can use the stairs slowly, he will go up or down 1 flight by using the elevators. If I am not with him, then I will use the stairs. Now I would wish that people wait until others exit the elevators before running in and lets not forget the individuals in their wheelchairs or using walkers, they should be allowed on first. Other then that, I have no complaints.:) I go with the flow of things.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Thanks ....

First and foremost... those sanitizing stations are BS! If they can add on decks, and flow riders, and a bunch of pay restaurants, they could easily put 20-30 hand washing stations at the entrance of the windjammer, and actually do something meaningful towards stopping the spread of illness.

Next... I am 39, and can easily walk up a couple decks, or down 12 of em. However, if I simply don't want to.. who the heck are you to say otherwise? There is no rule that someone must be taking more than 1 deck if able bodied. It certainly does not make me rude, or inconsiderate. Also, on your later post... why would someone running for the elevator and laughing irritate you so much? Sounds like you need to be more concerned with what you are doing, rather than what everyone else is doing.

As far as the way people dress in the dining room.. I am NEVER bothered.. Why? Because, if there is something I do not like to see... I simply do not look at it. That is my adult attitude. For the record, I couldn't care less what people wear, as I try to get to know the actual people around me... NOT the clothing they are wearing.

People have tried... even on this last cruise that I just got back from. They start saying things like "Can you believe...," or "Did you see...," or "This is not like in my time..."

Well, apparently they are always expecting me to agree. This cruise was about boots in the dining room to which I said "If what others are wearing is bothering you so much, don't you think it would be better to just stay in your own home?" They stopped talking to me, which I was grateful for, and they will likely keep it to themselves next time, or come on to an anonymous board where they can show the world what little class they have, without revealing who they really are. :rolleyes: