Coral Way Trolley In Miami

jjswiech

Has anybody ever used the Coral Way Trolley, in Miami to get to the Port? On the Port of Miami web site is says "By Trolley - The City of Miami's Coral Way Route stops on-Port every 15 to 20 minutes Monday through Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m."

Just curious how difficult it is to take the trolley with luggage.

Have you ever heard of Miami Time?

If you take the trolley, make sure you have about a three hour window to get there.

I was concerned about that and planned to allow a lot of time to get there. We are staying at the Intercontinental so we are pretty close to the port.

We are a family of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids) and I have read that the mini van taxis will only allow 5 passengers. We really did not want to split up in between 2 taxis. I was hoping to find a way to the ship without having to split our family up.

I will add that while it's a great mode of transportation, if you have a lot of luggage it may not be that simple. Sometimes the trolleys are empty, sometimes they are not. There isn't anywhere to store the luggage on the trolleys.

Have you ever thought about Uber? You can request a Uber XL and you should all be able to get into the car.

Your hotel is so close that you won't have to worry about it taking that long to get to the port.

A lot will depend on how much luggage you have. If you have a lot, you may have no choice but to take 2 taxis. It's a 5 minute ride so you won't be apart for too long. The entrance to the port is only a few blocks from your hotel.

I was concerned about that and planned to allow a lot of time to get there. We are staying at the Intercontinental so we are pretty close to the port.

We are a family of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids) and I have read that the mini van taxis will only allow 5 passengers. We really did not want to split up in between 2 taxis. I was hoping to find a way to the ship without having to split our family up.

As mentioned, I think 2 cabs for a 5-10 minute ride is not a big deal and will only be required if someone in your party packs like my wife. :o I would also check with the hotel for transportation options and give Larry's Limos (often suggested for Miami service) a shout.