Alfredo Pizza

gizmodog

I agree about the dedicated pizzerias on the Sun class ships. We sailed on the Sun Princess a number of years ago and the pizzas were outstanding, even better than the very good pizzas on the new Royal Princess.

My wife and I split a pizza at Alfredo's. We figure just because we can eat a lot doesn't mean we need to eat a lot. :)

I might like Prego better if they put some sauce on their pizza. It always tastes like they totally leave the sauce off. Maybe I've just been unlucky but we ate Prego pizza on two cruises and it was bleh every time.

I think the best pizza I've had on a Princess ship may have been at Cafe Corniche going to Alaska on Sea Princess in 2011.

I was on the Royal Princess about a month ago and people I ate with in the MDR recommended Alfredo's. I ordered a Canadian Pizza and when it arrived it had an orange colored wet top. I told the waiter the pizza did not look done and could they cook it a little longer. He explained they would have to make another one and I asked to please do that. The second one arrived with this orange sauce running off of the pizza onto my plate. Again, I told him that it didn't look done and he explained this was the way all of their pizzas looked. I ate one slice, it tasted horrible. I got up and left. About 1 hour later I had to go to the ship's doctor because I had food poisoning, not Novo or Norovirus but food poisoning from the pizza. I spent the next 36 hours in my room, so sick, it ruined my cruise.

I agree about the dedicated pizzerias on the Sun class ships. We sailed on the Sun Princess a number of years ago and the pizzas were outstanding, even better than the very good pizzas on the new Royal Princess.

I love the pizzeria on the Sun Class ships. Not sure why they had to "re-invent the wheel" wwhen those pizzerias were outstanding.

Edited by Coral

On the Grand, I'm curious whether you can get anything other than the limited menu I've seen online.

I see four or five specific pizzas, none of which look like they're right up our alley. Can you substitute or do you have to just go with those pizzas? Also are salads available in the Alfredo's on Grand Princess? I don't see those on the menu. Thanks.

Jim

Is the Pizza included in the cost of the cruise or is there an extra fee. What is the fee for the Crown Grill?

At one point, they instituted a cover charge at Alfredo's. They removed it after passenger complaints but left the option open to reinstate a fee for Alfredo's.

On the Grand, I'm curious whether you can get anything other than the limited menu I've seen online.

I see four or five specific pizzas, none of which look like they're right up our alley. Can you substitute or do you have to just go with those pizzas? Also are salads available in the Alfredo's on Grand Princess? I don't see those on the menu. Thanks.

Jim

You can make your own pizza based on the ingredients on the menu.

You can go to the International Cafe and get a salad and bring it over to Alfredos.

As far as I know only the Grand Princess, Sapphire Princess, (and with the expanded menus and larger venue) Regal Princess and Royal Princess.

:D

Do you think they put one on the newly refurbished Golden?

When I was on the Island For a Panama Canal Full Crossing a couple of years ago they used Sabatini's as an Alfredo's during lunch time.

I thought that this was a nice option and smart of Princess to use a vacant space at that time. I have never seen this option on any other ships. I think that it would be nice for Princess to offer this option on other ships too, especially on longer cruises.

Happy Cruising! :D

Mark

You can make your own pizza based on the ingredients on the menu.

You can go to the International Cafe and get a salad and bring it over to Alfredos.

Thank you, Coral. Answers all my questions.

Jim

Quite the rotten luck you had! Sorry that happened to you. Quite a number of us ate at Alfredo's during the two weeks I was aboard Royal Princess, including an Embakation Get-together as well as several times during the cruise, and no one ever got sick. As a matter of fact yours in the only time I've read where someone got food poisoning. Wow. Such a rare incident.

I was on the Royal Princess about a month ago and people I ate with in the MDR recommended Alfredo's. I ordered a Canadian Pizza and when it arrived it had an orange colored wet top. I told the waiter the pizza did not look done and could they cook it a little longer. He explained they would have to make another one and I asked to please do that. The second one arrived with this orange sauce running off of the pizza onto my plate. Again, I told him that it didn't look done and he explained this was the way all of their pizzas looked. I ate one slice, it tasted horrible. I got up and left. About 1 hour later I had to go to the ship's doctor because I had food poisoning, not Novo or Norovirus but food poisoning from the pizza. I spent the next 36 hours in my room, so sick, it ruined my cruise.

Food poisoning?

How did the ships doctor determine that?

Did they shut Alfredos down due to the tainted food?

I love the pizzeria on the Sun Class ships. Not sure why they had to "re-invent the wheel" wwhen those pizzerias were outstanding.

Verdi's Pizzeria on the Sun Princess and Dawn Princess were my 'go to' place for lunch almost every day. Those were among my very first experiences with Princess Cruises, and I thought that I had 'died and gone to heaven'.

But I do rather love the options and ambiance of Alfredo's as well. Wereas on the Sun-class it felt like a sidewalk-cafe type of setting, on the Royal-class it feels like a really nice restaurant.

Both options, as well as Prego up on the Lido Deck, offers plenty of options for those who like pizza. And really, who doesn't like pizza? ;)