Let's hear some GOOD things...PLEASE?

jwattle

We just got back from the final cruise of Celebrity Century, from Dubai to Singapore. We somewhat expected, and would have forgiven if, the ship was in less than A-1 shape. If anything just the opposite was true. It was in great shape. The crew was - as has always been our experience with Celebrity - fantastic. The food was quite good. There was a period several years ago where things in that area seemed to drop, but now the past several cruises, there's been no reason for complaint that I've seen. The entertainment cast on this cruise was particularly great, and the guest entertainment line-up was probably overall the best on a cruise yet.

I often wonder, when I read some of the complaints people have how magnificent their everyday life must be to find fault on a cruise. Honestly, I could go on one of the Carnival Cruises where the ship breaks down mid-ocean and they give you bologna sandwiches and it'd still be better than most days at my job. :)

Harris

Denver, CO

This is great, thank you all! This is like the Cruise Critic of old, where I went to find threads to build excitement for an upcoming cruise. Let's keep it going!:D

Total agreement, wonderful to be reminded of all of the positive, memorable moments with Celebrity. We have been sailing Celebrity since 2008 and just returned from our 15th cruise. We booked our 16th and 17th cruise while sailing on The Constellation in February.

We also have 5 cruises on RCCL ships and are booked on the Oasis. Our modern cruise history also has 3 cruises with Princess. We switched to Celebrity because of their no smoking policy. Love to breath the clean air.

As many of you have stated the crew makes up for any blips along the road. We have a number of crew members who have become quite special to us and we look forward to sailing with them. I am expecially impressed with the cleanliness of all Celebrity ships. Seems they are shining public areas all of the time, day and night.

This is great, thank you all! This is like the Cruise Critic of old, where I went to find threads to build excitement for an upcoming cruise. Let's keep it going!:D

Tonight is the last night of our 11-night Eastern Med cruise on the Reflection, and even with my critical eye, I can say honestly that this has been a fantastic cruise. Booked a suite guarantee for a reasonable price, immediately was put in a very good S1, and then switched to my dream stateroom (aft corner S1 on a Deck 12 - a fabulous room). Great service from our butler Anand, and great service all around the ship. The food has been very good to excellent (we had a tortellini in Luminae that was one of my all time best meals). The buffet is excellent, far superior to any on the other lines we have taken. This ship is clean, clean, clean, and quite lovely. The musical entertainment has been very good. Despite a sold out cruise, it never felt crowded. There was a toilet hiccup one morning (naughty passenger put something stupid down the toilet) and although we merely reported the non functioning and did not complain, we got two follow up calls asking if all was ok and a nice bottle of wine showed up in our room as an apology. That is good service. I have no complaints about Celebrity at the moment :)

We just got off the 14 night transatlantic cruise on silhouette on Sunday, had a fabulous time. Yes, there were a few very minor things I couid grouse about but why bother?? We had loads of great friends, met new ones, spent 9 consecutive beats at sea loving life, it was everything I've come to expect from a Celebrity cruise!!

I think if you cruise often and are loyal to one line, you notice changes over time. Some are good, some are not so good. We still have a fantastic time on X every year, they treat us like Royalty. We enjoy it so much we have 2 cruises booked out for the next two Februarys on Equinox.

Wow- this has been the best post! Our first cruise on X was 2 years ago on the Constellation. Before that we mostly sailed with RCI and Princess but after that cruise we fell in love with Celebrity. We thought the food, service, entertainment was better than anything we had previously experienced. Our next cruise leaves 2 weeks from today on the Equinox and I can't wait. I hated hearing all the negative comments about how much X has changed for the worst. Y'all have made my day!!

Ok, this isn't directly on-topic, but more in the spirit of celebrating the idea of vacation and cruising.

I seldom get the drink package because I'll usually have a half dozen or so alcoholic drinks during the course of the cruise. But on our next cruise we serendipitously qualified for the all three perks. So, drink package. At first I thought, meh, we won't get much use out of it anyway.

I started experimenting with martini recipes (outside of a traditional martini) and, on those nights I sit down to do some vacation planning, I make myself a martini. Maybe a chocolate martini, or a green apple one. Something that puts me in the cruise vacation frame of mind. :)

I think of it as Spring Training for the drink package. ;)

Edited by CanadianDee
Spelling mistake :-(

Just off the Eclipse this morning. Couldn't fault the food, entertainment or the cleanliness of the ship. However, it was the officers and crew who made this an outstanding experience. They were without fail, friendly, professional and willing.

We love Celebrity. They were really helpful when our travel agent ceased trading. So we have just got over jet lag from or 18 nights trans Pacific, Sydney to Honolulu. It was was a wonderful cruise, staff and crew were the best, the food was good on the whole and when I chose something not to my liking, it was replaced very quickly. The limits on smoking around the ship make it a pleasure to spend time in all the wonderful places around the ship.

Roll on August and our next one on Constellation!

Let's see, we are booked on a beautiful ship, the Equinox again after 11 wonderful days last Nov, for another 10 days, with people we sailed with in 2013 & 2014, for close to the same per day fare as we paid in 1994. There are still venues to get a bite to eat included. All our basic liquid's are now included. No need to worry about expressing gratitude, as our tips are now included too. Then I guess they liked us so much they gave us back $750 from our fare, in credit on board. We have for the first time our own dinning room, Blu.

And because we paid with their branded Visa we will get even more of the fare credited back to us.

We have a great and active Roll Call going with close to 70 fellow sea lovers all ready signed up, with just under 200 days to sail away!:(;)

This will be our very first time sailing Celebrity at the Elite perk level in the Capt Club!

Never in over 25 years of cruising have we experienced this! Pretty cool!

EW

At times it does seem to get rather negative. Everyone has their pet-peeves about any cruise line and they tend to share them. We are just off of Celebrity number four and in 10 plus months are off on number five! We have finally achieved Classic level on Celebrity and overall are very pleased with the product!

One sure fire way to have a great time on a Celebrity cruise is to be-friend you and your husband as we did on the Solstice in 2009! Anyone that sails with this combo is sure to have a wonderful time! Have a great 2017 cruise and hope to sail with you again!

Thanks for the thread!

Ken

1550.jpg.a41b1b3f9af8fc9812b6f0772195fa45.jpg

Edited by A1A

On our 3rd celebrity cruise we cruised Aqua for the first time and were not fans of Blu dinner (breakfast though was great) so we switched to the MDR and were given select dining. NEVER again!! We found the service HORRENDOUS compared to what we were used to in the MDR.

Did we have to get up and get our own bread plates from a bus station after a 30 minute wait and asking for them 3 times one night? YES

Did we have to wait to be seated EVERY night even with reservations? YES

Did we have to leave dinner early so we did not miss the evening show one night? YES

Did it spoil our cruise? NO absolutely not!

We haven't cruised in Aqua since but I have now taken 6 Celebrity cruises and we are currently booked on 4 more.

I was reading terrible reviews of the Silhouette before we were on her in January - some people need to lighten up and roll with things a bit....

At times it does seem to get rather negative. Everyone has their pet-peeves about any cruise line and they tend to share them. We are just off of Celebrity number four and in 10 plus months are off on number five! We have finally achieved Classic level on Celebrity and overall are very pleased with the product!

One sure fire way to have a great time on a Celebrity cruise is to be-friend you and your husband as we did on the Solstice in 2009! Anyone that sails with this combo is sure to have a wonderful time! Have a great 2017 cruise and hope to sail with you again!

Thanks for the thread!

Ken

Great to see you again Ken! That cruise was the greatest and we'd love to cruise with y'all again!!!

We are cruising on Celebrity Equinox on Nov 2016. Yes was early booking but we got awesome room and a great deal. I too agree people just complain too much. The ship has to satisfy over 2000 guests. Too spicy, not spicy enough just never ends. We were on a couple RCI cruises last year and read reviews people wrote and I couldn't believe they were on the same ship. We never had an issue. With anything.

As far as not enough variety? Really people. Like the previous poster said what do you eat at home. I have a box of Cheerios and it lasts me all week. Cruising is all what you make it. You can relax as much as you want, drink as much as you want, eat as much as you want and socialize as much as you want. It's absolute heaven. I'm excited about going on Celebrity on Nov 18, 2016.

Enjoy cruising it's not easy to make over 2000 people all happy.

Happy Cruising!!!!

Was on Infinity last month after the Noro outbreak that continued into our cruise. Embarkation, getting into our room and luggage was all delayed. The staff was working their behinds off trying to play catch-up. We chatted with so many wonderful people to pass the time and made some new friends because of the delays. One really has to go with the flow and see the positive. We had so much fun. The crew was amazing, the food good and we had an amazing bartender that made original drinks for me every night. I have two more cruises booked and couldn't be more excited.

Every morning we each have a choice, either look at life as a glass half full or a glass half empty. I chose to look at the glass as half full, approach each day with positive attitude and enjoy life. My guess is that those who complain about the little things wrong with Celebrity are those who wake up and see the glass half empty.

We have been on 5 cruises on Celebrity and each one as been great. How can one complain about having everything provided for you? Your room is cleaned everyday, you have multiple venues for entertainment, the options for your dining pleasure are many & the food is good to excellent (in my opinion), and as many have said, excellent service and friendly staff and officers. On top of all of this, the ships we have sailed, both S class and M Class, have been well maintained and beautiful! Of course there have been a few minor issues, but none that had a negative impact on our cruise.

I add my support to those who have thanked the OP for starting a positive thread on all of the wonderful things about Celebrity. Life is good!!

In a month, we'll get back onto the Summit to Bermuda for our fourth time. We'll enjoy the fabulous crew, the great food, and NO WORK for a week. A week on the beautiful Celebrity Summit as the Captain describes it, what else could we ask for? Oh, and two scuba dives!

Why ruin a wonderful vacation worrying about towels and such? (Now, if we could just stop the chair hogs every morning... ) :)

You want good news? We have done two cruises on the Celebrity Solstice and it worked well in both cases. We have also done cruises on Silversea, Seabourn and Crystal. All cruises have their areas for improvement, but overall, we have been happy. Celebrity provides a good "value". From the below live/blog you can see more details on the Solstice, our "down under" adventure, etc.

Below are a few of my visuals images as "proof" or evidence to back up my viewpoint for wonderful things enjoyed on the Solstice. Many more on both of my live/blogs from doing travel with Celebrity on these nice and classy ships.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 107,360 views for this posting.

On the top, back of the Solstice, here is a wider view of Corning Hot Glass show area, plus the green grass and the unique covering designs for this special area of the ship. Classy design touches and style!!:

SolsticeGlassGrassBack.jpg

Super loved it when there were times at the pool in the afternoons on the Solstice in June 2011 when the “party band” was going at it with great tunes. This added to the fun and excitement around the pool area of our ship. Just like done by some famous California pop groups, we were hearing “fun, fun, fun” underneath the sun!!:

SolsticePartyBandAtPool.jpg

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

For dining in Tuscan Grille on the Solstice in January while sailing from Australia to New Zealand, we started with a nice glass of sparkling Italian wine (Prosecco Spumanti). The best is always saved for last . . . a nicely designed and super tasting of this Italian favorite, Tiramisu.:

TuscanampBridge1_zps179efed3.jpg

TuscanampBridge14_zps6b5518d2.jpg

Here is a photo highlight from our ship's production show called "Ghostlight--The Spirit of Broadway". Lots of great tunes, including many from the Four Seasons as done on Broadway with Jersey Boys. Nice lighting, staging, sets, etc.

SolsticeShows17_zps45d5d28d.jpg

So much on a Celebrity cruise is fantastic! So little is negative. I can't wait for our cruise in 12 days time on the old, tired, threadbare and dirty Millennium :confused: (Or in my opinion the beautiful, refurbished and spotlessly clean Millennium that we were on just last year). All the negative posters need to chill and enjoy their cruise.

Super loved it when there were times at the pool in the afternoons on the Solstice in June 2011 when the “party band” was going at it with great tunes. This added to the fun and excitement around the pool area of our ship. Just like done by some famous California pop groups, we were hearing “fun, fun, fun” underneath the sun!!:

Those are great memories. Too bad we now have disc jockeys around the pool with no live music.