Guarantee question about payment

Just booked my first Gty, a balcony (D1) on the Navigator and I know from all the info I learned on here that the room assignment can be made at anytime.

However I saw a message in a pop up window when clicking on my stateroom link that stated "With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a Balcony stateroom, which could be in any Balcony category (excluding suites), anywhere on the ship. Room assignments are determined after your reservation has been completed and paid in full."

So I am wondering if this is true and would paying early give a some benefit if no balconies have opened up but there are still junior suites available before others make final payments at deadline? Always trying to create an advantage whenever possible.

Thanks Dave

We have been assigned guarantee cabins long before final payment was made. I don't really think that it will make any difference. They will assign them when they are ready to.

Same here.

We have been assigned guarantee cabins long before final payment was made. I don't really think that it will make any difference. They will assign them when they are ready to.

Same here.

Thanks to both of you, thought that was strange.