Any questions re Pride Of America?

We are currently in the US- after enjoying a few days in Honolulu and the POA 7 day Hawaiian cruise.

We THOROUGHLY enjoyed the cruise - possibly one of the best we have ever done even though it was only 7 nights. We have another month over here before coming home - by which time my memory will have faded a little.

Has anybody got any specific questions.??

The two things I did not like are the eye-watering booze prices (previously I thought Carnival Spirit was the most expensive!!) and the "free-time"dining (essentially it is almost impossible to share a meal with anybody other than your other half unless you have met and organised with someone else beforehand - this includes breakfast and lunch!!) This is possibly overcome by the fabulous choice of dining choices onboard - greater than any other ship we have been on!!

Barry

We are currently in the US- after enjoying a few days in Honolulu and the POA 7 day Hawaiian cruise.

We THOROUGHLY enjoyed the cruise - possibly one of the best we have ever done even though it was only 7 nights. We have another month over here before coming home - by which time my memory will have faded a little.

Has anybody got any specific questions.??

The two things I did not like are the eye-watering booze prices (previously I thought Carnival Spirit was the most expensive!!) and the "free-time"dining (essentially it is almost impossible to share a meal with anybody other than your other half unless you have met and organised with someone else beforehand - this includes breakfast and lunch!!) This is possibly overcome by the fabulous choice of dining choices onboard - greater than any other ship we have been on!!

Barry

Glad you enjoyed the Pride of America cruise, Barry. Why was it one of the best you have ever done? I often wondered what it would be like, as I watched the ship off shore, with passengers doing water sports, etc. Hawaii has shopping opportunities down pat, with all the little shuttle buses to take you shopping. Is shopping in Hawaii still good value, with our weakened dollar?

What was the passenger mix? How many passengers? How was the food?

Glad you enjoyed the Pride of America cruise, Barry. Why was it one of the best you have ever done? I often wondered what it would be like, as I watched the ship off shore, with passengers doing water sports, etc. Hawaii has shopping opportunities down pat, with all the little shuttle buses to take you shopping. Is shopping in Hawaii still good value, with our weakened dollar?

What was the passenger mix? How many passengers? How was the food?

Passenger mix was VERY broad -- mostly Americans, but they are also very broad amongst themselves. Young and old!

The cruise was fun from the very moment we walked into the checking lounge -- Hula dancers, music, etc. This cruise was not merely a cruise - but a holiday!! :) The other cruiselines could learn a lot from POA:) -- dining opportunities are huge with about 12 places to dine onboard .

America is now an expensive destination for us --although now that I am not in "tourism central" (Hawaii) , it is a lot cheaper where we are. ( Booze is extraordinarily cheap in the supermarkets here in the Coachella Valley ( near Palm Springs) - even with the low AUD considered)

Barry

A group of us are booked on POA for september 2016.Booked early to take advantage of NCL promotion.

Will be using this cruise as a convenient way to move between islands optimising our port time.

Just one query at the moment-what time does tendering start in kona & do shore excursions or others receive priority.

regards peter.

Heres POA's itinerary. She does the same 7 day run week after week.Its a great way to spend a week in Hawaii and get to see the Islands.She is in Honolulu every Saturday.

cruise_20_1358897389.jpg

7 Night Hawaii Cruise departing from Honolulu roundtrip onboard Pride of America.

Saturday-Honolulu, Hawaii 7.00pm

Sunday-Kahului-Maui, Hawaii 8.00am overnight

Monday-Kahului-Maui, Hawaii 6.00pm

Tuesday-Hilo Hawaii 8.00am 6.00pm

Wednesday-Kailua Kona,Hawaii 7.00am 5.30pm

Thursday-Kauai, Hawaii 8.00am overnight

Friday-Kauai, Hawaii 2.00pm

Saturday-Honolulu, Hawaii 7.00am

Heres POA's itinerary. She does the same 7 day run week after week.Its a great way to spend a week in Hawaii and get to see the Islands.She is in Honolulu every Saturday.

cruise_20_1358897389.jpg

7 Night Hawaii Cruise departing from Honolulu roundtrip onboard Pride of America.

Saturday-Honolulu, Hawaii 7.00pm

Sunday-Kahului-Maui, Hawaii 8.00am overnight

Monday-Kahului-Maui, Hawaii 6.00pm

Tuesday-Hilo Hawaii 8.00am 6.00pm

Wednesday-Kailua Kona,Hawaii 7.00am 5.30pm

Thursday-Kauai, Hawaii 8.00am overnight

Friday-Kauai, Hawaii 2.00pm

Saturday-Honolulu, Hawaii 7.00am

Thanks David for itinerary. I didn't realise the ship stayed in two ports overnight, which is an added attraction.

As Barry said, it is a real holiday.

A group of us are booked on POA for september 2016.Booked early to take advantage of NCL promotion.

Will be using this cruise as a convenient way to move between islands optimising our port time.

Just one query at the moment-what time does tendering start in kona & do shore excursions or others receive priority.

regards peter.

We took our time getting ashore at Kona - but from what I recall, we go into port quite early 7AM?? And I never noticed any great conflict between shore excursions and tendering passengers.

Barry