Equinox sailings August 2016 - Disappeared

Dakkar

Hi,

I went to Celebrity site Yesterday and saw that all 3 August 2016 Itineraries on the Equinox, 6th, 13th and 26th were gone.

Is it possible that the 3 of them are Sold Out???

Thanks

Hi,

I went to Celebrity site Yesterday and saw that all 3 August 2016 Itineraries on the Equinox, 6th, 13th and 26th were gone.

Is it possible that the 3 of them are Sold Out???

Thanks

I reported this earlier on the other thread regarding disappearing/changes to itineraries. It possibly could be due to a reshuffle like they did this year when she was chartered :confused:?

August 14 this year is a charter. I am on the cruise before -August 1 and for many months there seemed to be confusion on TA sites that my cruise was also a charter as I could not find it as I was monitoring for price drops. Now my cruise has a lot of unsold cabins.

August 14 this year is a charter. I am on the cruise before -August 1 and for many months there seemed to be confusion on TA sites that my cruise was also a charter as I could not find it as I was monitoring for price drops. Now my cruise has a lot of unsold cabins.

Same with our sailing (one after the charter), which makes me wonder if the same thing is happening next year :confused:?

Same with our sailing (one after the charter), which makes me wonder if the same thing is happening next year :confused:?

Are there many cabins left? Our cruise only appeared on TA sites a couple of months ago so it hasn't had much advertising.

Are there many cabins left? Our cruise only appeared on TA sites a couple of months ago so it hasn't had much advertising.

It's showing the same amount as your sailing on that other site ;). There have been guarantees on offer in all classes which usually means the sales are lower than expected.

It's showing the same amount as your sailing on that other site ;). There have been guarantees on offer in all classes which usually means the sales are lower than expected.

Yes. I keep checking it for ours. Paid in full today and final date seems to be the 18th so hoping for allocation soon. Then I will obsess every day seeing if it changes. :p

• 1 month later...

Were you able to get a lower fare than originally booked? The fares for your August 24th cruise are low for 14 nights.

Were you able to get a lower fare than originally booked? The fares for your August 24th cruise are low for 14 nights.

We got a really good price a couple of months ago, less than the current and initial release rates. It looks like they have finally confirmed the charter dates then ;). The 9 night runs from the 6th August 2016, followed by the charter and then the 13 night beginning on 25th. I presume X will be contacting those already booked to see if you wish to move your booking to the sailing commencing on 25th August. Do check your 'My Cruises' on the website to see if it has already been adjusted - I know others on the changed Infinity cruises were shocked to see their itinerary had been changed on the site before anyone had informed them from X (per their posts on CC).

It now appears to be an annual occurrence for Equinox to be chartered during the middle of August. I presume it's Atlantis again as this year's sailing was a sell out? We have booked Harmony instead for next August.

Sorry that your special celebration has to be moved/cancelled. All these charters are a real pain when trying to make plans. I, personally, have never experienced so many in such a short period of time; they are obviously extremely profitable for X ;).

Edited by villauk

It now appears to be an annual occurrence for Equinox to be chartered during the middle of August. I presume it's Atlantis again as this year's sailing was a sell out? We have booked Harmony instead for next August.

It's pure speculation on my end and I won't know until the last few days aboard my sailing in two months. The start of the itinerary does seem to fit Atlantis's schedule of normally alternating between Eastern and Western Med cruises every year. This year's cruise did sell out quickly, but they only offered one European cruise this year. The Equinox isn't always a guarantee for the sailing but a S-class, August sailing is typically the norm.

But who knows it can very well be another charter or no charter at all and we'll see a revised cruise put up on Celebrity's site in a few days to fill the gap.

I do feel bad for the bumps that happen to early planners, but at least plane tickets/hotels can't be booked this far in advance..

No, they aren't sold out - they just cancelled us because they booked their ship for a charter. :-(

Which sells out very quickly - through Atlantis. This year the cruise before the chartered cruise still has a lot of cabins for sale. Chartering messes up the cruises before and after the charter so not really sure it is a great idea, unless there is a huge mark up on the chartered cruise. Some great deals going on my cruise unless you want a suite. Those prices are :eek:

Yes flights and hotels can be book that early! I have booked my flights an my hotel in Barcelona :-((

How can you book a flight more than 331 days out? The schedules aren't even out for those dates.

Air Transat has a 24 months open schedule! You didn't know??? I got a pretty good price for the flights so I booked right away.

So they will take your money without an actual scheduled flight? Sounds like a good deal for that airline.

And the Suite Guarantee for this sailing has just dropped by £1000 since yesterday. Paid my balance in full on Wednesday!!:mad:

Fair enough, some airlines go as far as 365 days, but I don't think any further than that. I think this is bad information.

Sorry but it's not because you don't know things that they are not true. You should make deeper research before saying something or say nothing! See the print screen from Air Transat that I just made.

And I'm not here to justify anything to someone that seems to know everything. If have nothing to say that can help just say nothing.

http://reservation.airtransat.ca/en/Flight/SelectFlight.aspx?ViewTypeTab=0&ServicesComparatorBox=0

1090679912_Flights2016.jpg.3c63c99ad4ad46d1e2383bc96324bdf1.jpg

Edited by Dakkar

Sorry but it's not because you don't know things that they are not true. You should make deeper research before saying something or say nothing! See the print screen from Air Transat that I just made.

And I'm not here to justify anything to someone that seems to know everything. If have nothing to say that can help just say nothing.

http://reservation.airtransat.ca/en/Flight/SelectFlight.aspx?ViewTypeTab=0&ServicesComparatorBox=0

Fair enough, I stand corrected - although that's not 24 months :)

I would again say that booking air that far in advance can be a disadvantage when your cruise gets cancelled for a charter.