Equinox sailings August 2016 - Disappeared

Dakkar

And the Suite Guarantee for this sailing has just dropped by £1000 since yesterday. Paid my balance in full on Wednesday!!:mad:

Susie,

I think it's just until they finally sell those last 3 accessible S2s ;).

One of the risk you take when you book early or over a year in advance, is that the ship could become a charter.

And the risk you take when you wait till the last minute to book a sailing is not getting the cabin or promotions that went with early booking.

That is chances one takes either way.

I have done both in the past.

We lost our August 2015 cruise on the Equinox a year ago because the ship was chartered out. We were offered the cruise before that one at the same price along with some OBC, as compensation. At the time this happened, the cruise we were offered (the one before the one that got cancelled/chartered) also disappeared from the Celebrity website, and didn't show up again for quite a while. The itinerary was also changed on that previous cruise we were offered from a round trip cruise to a one-way cruise because the debarkation port had to be changed (because the charter was leaving from a different port than the original cruise). I think it took a month or more before the cruises before/after the cancelled cruise showed back up on the Celebrity site, and even longer on the popular TA sites.

Sue

We lost our August 2015 cruise on the Equinox a year ago because the ship was chartered out. We were offered the cruise before that one at the same price along with some OBC, as compensation. At the time this happened, the cruise we were offered (the one before the one that got cancelled/chartered) also disappeared from the Celebrity website, and didn't show up again for quite a while. The itinerary was also changed on that previous cruise we were offered from a round trip cruise to a one-way cruise because the debarkation port had to be changed (because the charter was leaving from a different port than the original cruise). I think it took a month or more before the cruises before/after the cancelled cruise showed back up on the Celebrity site, and even longer on the popular TA sites.

Sue

Yes. We are on the cruise on 1 Aug. I booked and then it disappeared for ages. Always have seen it as a one way and not round trip though. It only reappeared a few months ago and many cabins unsold. I cancelled my original balcony and booked an Aqua guarantee and was allocated in a great position for the same price as original and with the 123 package. Still quite a few cabins and 39 days to go and roll call suddenly become active.