Hawaiian Island cruise

Hi. This is my first post. I am wondering if anyone has been on the 7 day Hawaiian Island cruise on the Pride of America. I would love to hear what you think of this cruise. Thanks

Nope. They've been trying to sell that cruise for about 5 years, but no one has actually signed up. ... Sorry, just kidding. Couldn't help myself.

I've heard a lot of people love it. You might get more action posting this question on the Norwegian forum, since they're the cruise line that offers it. Just my own two cents worth: If you fly there to do just this, you'll probably have fun and a nice intro to the islands, BUT ...

If you combine the cruise with a one-week stay on one of the islands, you'll get a much more in-depth exposure to the area. Our ideal vacation, even though we take many others, is two weeks in Maui. By the end, you feel like a local and wonder why you have to leave.

Jim

While I've not been on the Pride, I have done the Hawaiian Islands cruise, this was my first cruise through Atlantis Events. I absolutely loved :) it and would love doing it again. Since you have to fly there, you almost have to stay on one of the islands. My mistake was combining it with a week in Honolulu, it just seemed like any other big American city, with the exception of the big tourist must dos, the Arizona Memorial, Punchbowl national cemetery. I spent a lot of time at North Shore.

Edited by Treven

Went on the Pride of America in September, 2013. My first NCL cruise but I really liked it. Loved the freestyle dining-I'm glad other cruise lines have adopted an anytime dining. We spent three days in Waikiki prior to the cruise. We toured the Pearl Harbor/Bowfin/USS Missouri and climbed Diamond Head. We toured all around Oahu on debarkation day. This itinerary allows more time at each port than any other cruise line. I would suggest staying longer if you can and spend a few more days on each of the four islands you'll visit. You won't regret going-whether you choose a cruise or land vacation-but see the four major islands!

Hi. This is my first post. I am wondering if anyone has been on the 7 day Hawaiian Island cruise on the Pride of America. I would love to hear what you think of this cruise. Thanks

Yes! Loved it! I've done 2 landbased vacations in Hawaii as well, and will be going on this cruise again before I do another land based.

I have to disagree that Hawaii is always better to do as a Land vacation.

If you only have 1 week and wish to visit 4 islands , the POA makes it easy

and hassle free.

Doing 4 islands requires packing/unpacking checking in and out of at least 4 hotels , inter island flights , all requiring this movement equals appox. 1/2 day each time .

Go to the NCL board to find out more about the POA , it is a different kind of cruise experience.

Done both ways for 7 days , POA was far more enjoyable.

I agree that this should be a land vacation.

You're so right. We've done Oahu, Kauai and Maui by land. There is so much to see and do on each island. On our November cruise, we go to the big island, which we haven't been to.

We were on the POA this past March. As you are a first time cruiser and first time visitor to Hawaii, she is an excellent introduction to both. The ship is clean, well maintained and friendly. Food is always subjective but we found the quality in the MDR to be adequate. The specialty restaurants were very good though. Especially Cagney's steakhouse and Jefferson's Bistro (french restaurant). Entertainment was outstanding. The cruise itself is very port intensive. Prior to our arrival we did a lot of research on places and things we wanted to see and do. As a result we were going full speed every day. In retrospect it would have been nice to have a bit more time to just chill. Bottom line: Hawaii is incredible. NCL gave us a great cruise and we enjoyed every minute. It definitely wetted our appetite for a return visit. Aloha!!