New to NCL-questions about complementary beverages...???

zoiebear

I have sailed on both Carnival and RCL and they both have different setups for getting your "free" beverages (water, tea, coffee, juice).

Carnival has drink stations where you fill your own cups with your drink and is available 24hrs in the buffet area (and at least one other spot somewhere). You can bring your own cups from home and fill them so you are not having to get just their little cups if you want more as well.

RCL had water/tea sitting out in prefilled cups in the buffet area - which closes several times a day. And you get water in prefilled cups at the Promenade Cafe 24/hrs - which made it the only place to get it when the buffet area was closed which was quite a bit. You couldn't just fill your own cup with water/tea.

Can someone please tell me how this works on NCL? Can I bring my own cups to fill? Do I need to bring a few bottled waters for my room? I like to fill my cup up right before bed to have in my room with me, and I like to be able to sip on tea/water throughout the day which is easier if I can take my own cup... ;)

Thanks!!

You can bring your own cups to fill but as the signs on the machines say, please use a clean NCL glass at the machine and refill your own cups from the glass, not directly from the machine. We were just on the Gem last week and it was disgusting to see people ignoring those signs.

Previous poster is correct on all front. Just FYI, typically there is ice, water, tea (really strong - I always mix it half and half with water), coffee, decaf coffee, lemonade, two other fruit drinks (mango and strawberry lime on Sun last week) available in the buffet. I "think" these stations are always open but can't state that positively as we were rarely looking for something there except during regular hours.

I have sailed on both Carnival and RCL and they both have different setups for getting your "free" beverages (water, tea, coffee, juice).

Carnival has drink stations where you fill your own cups with your drink and is available 24hrs in the buffet area (and at least one other spot somewhere). You can bring your own cups from home and fill them so you are not having to get just their little cups if you want more as well.

RCL had water/tea sitting out in prefilled cups in the buffet area - which closes several times a day. And you get water in prefilled cups at the Promenade Cafe 24/hrs - which made it the only place to get it when the buffet area was closed which was quite a bit. You couldn't just fill your own cup with water/tea.

Can someone please tell me how this works on NCL? Can I bring my own cups to fill? Do I need to bring a few bottled waters for my room? I like to fill my cup up right before bed to have in my room with me, and I like to be able to sip on tea/water throughout the day which is easier if I can take my own cup... ;)

Thanks!!

you can fill your own but NCL does frown on this. As for water, the water in the cabin (bathroom) is perfectally good for drinking. We usually bring bottles onto the ship and fill them in the cabin.

Just FYI, typically there is ice, water, tea (really strong - I always mix it half and half with water), coffee, decaf coffee, lemonade, two other fruit drinks (mango and strawberry lime on Sun last week) available in the buffet.

Orange and Cranberry juices (from concentrate, NOT Fresh-squeezed) are available from the buffet machines, but ONLY during breakfast hours. After breakfast, they are converted to the fruit drinks.

Milk is also available during all open buffet hours.

You can bring your own cups to fill but as the signs on the machines say, please use a clean NCL glass at the machine and refill your own cups from the glass, not directly from the machine. We were just on the Gem last week and it was disgusting to see people ignoring those signs.
On my November cruise on the Jewell, not only were folks ignoring the signs, but I got a lot of dirty looks because I did follow the signs. One lady actually told me I was holding up the line (she was the only one behind me and the other station was totally open) and just fill it from the faucet. Good thing I've gotten more patience in my older years, I just continued on doing what was right and ignored her.

On my November cruise on the Jewell, not only were folks ignoring the signs, but I got a lot of dirty looks because I did follow the signs. One lady actually told me I was holding up the line (she was the only one behind me and the other station was totally open) and just fill it from the faucet. Good thing I've gotten more patience in my older years, I just continued on doing what was right and ignored her.

People are so rude....thank you for being more Sanitary than others.

Thanks!!

Just like on Carnival

Thank you for all the replies! Glad to hear it is set up more like Carnival than RCL - I really disliked the way RCL has it set up!

And don't worry - we always fill our cups/coffee cups using the provided cups instead of directly from the machines... :)