Sweet Sixteen Summit/Rough Ride?

Seacreature101

Hello:

Planning Southern Caribbean on the Summit for 2017. We are right now booked in one of the sweet sixteen cabins. I am sailing to Bermuda very soon and booked in a concierge on Deck Six. Like the price of the sweet cabins and saving the money, like looking straight down, but keep thinking about the ride in the front of the ship. Never been there, not prone to motion sickness, but now starting to waiver about being that far forward.

Has anyone reading this been that far forward doing a Southern Caribbean itinerary - not in hurricane season - and felt bad motion?

I know lots of variables with all of us, but just wondering...

I have never noticed a difference in motion being forward, aft, or in the middle. One cruise we were on the stern and had 20' plus seas for most of two days. We felt the up and downs, but we also felt them when we were in the center of the ship.

Had 6030 on the Summit. Southern Caribbean, no extra movement, loved the location and the balcony was fabulous. We moved the glass top table outside as a table and took the outside coffee table as a footstool.

Too bad they don't add extra furniture with the big balcony.

I'd book this again in a flash!

Thanks so much for your response. It is my understanding that if we book 6035 onward we will be good to go up till those last three at the very front, right?

I really didn't want to spend that much again on a cabin as on Bermuda trip as we have some other things planned. I am one of those that must see straight down to the water. :rolleyes: This location sounds perfect now.

Also see two in this post with a 6030 nod. Is it something about that one that is better than others as far as view or just any of the sweets.

Please let me know if I am good with 6035 forward and I sure do appreciate your help. I will stay where I am.

Edited by Seacreature101

Here's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth:). It doesn't matter what other people have felt, or whether they feel the motion is the same regardless of where you are on the ship. The SCIENCE of it is that the further away you get from mid-ship, the more motion there is. Think of balancing a pencil across your finger - what part moves more, the end of the pencil or the middle? If you remember them, think of a teeter-totter. What part moves most? The ends. Some people feel it a lot, some hardly feel it at all, some are bothered by motion, and some are not.

Consider whether you are willing to take the risk, if you are bothered by motion. Also consider your itinerary. A generally calm area? Lower risk. A lot of days at sea versus a lot of days in port - it can make a difference in your decision. I am bothered by motion, but I like the location and balcony of these rooms so much I have taken the chance several times. I just make sure to be prepared with the usual remedies should the seas get crazy.