Bamboo on the Dawn

amberjohn

I can't say the Asian food on the Pearl was awful, but is certainly wasn't a place I would be anxious to try again. We were disappointed in both the service and quality of the food, not to mention there was very little selection. I hope the company makes some adjustments before we board the Jewel in October. I don't expect exactly what we used to get, but I do expect decent food. We tried it twice, both times the same, both times not waiting time, but certainly crowded.

We just got back from Bermuda on the Dawn. We liked Bamboo and chose to eat there instead of a specialty restaurant one night. I had the fried squid, veggie fried rice and cashew chicken both times because I liked it. The mango tapioca pudding is interesting...bigger tapioca than I had ever seen. Service was great, no line. I think it is a great option for people who like Asian food.

We just got back from Bermuda on the Dawn. We liked Bamboo and chose to eat there instead of a specialty restaurant one night. I had the fried squid, veggie fried rice and cashew chicken both times because I liked it. The mango tapioca pudding is interesting...bigger tapioca than I had ever seen. Service was great, no line. I think it is a great option for people who like Asian food.

This is good to know and does show just how subjective food really is. Not referring to the Asian restaurant at all, but the MDR food on our Pearl cruise, we thought was very good. And yet there are many who are not happy with it at all.

I know some of you must have eaten on the newest complimentary

restaurant on the Dawn? What items were on the menu? How was the food?

thanks...

We were just on the Dawn last week and decided to try it. We got right in although the service was a bit slow, but that's okay. I got the chicken and noodles which was like a lo mein. 5* no, decent yes.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone eaten there recently?

Most recent was end of April. Small menu, but nice choices: Cashew Chicken, Pho, fried rice.....Oh God I forgot what else:D, but I do remember I enjoyed it. Wait to get in was about 15 minutes. It was open for lunch a couple of times on sea days.

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot that they made this a free dining choice. I am looking forward to trying it myself. As food is subjective and I'm not too much of a picky eater, I hope it will be a nice change from eating at the other free venues. :)

Just off the latest Dawn cruise. Our party of 6 ate there twice. Our server suggested we get all the apps to share which turned out to be a good idea. The food was very good both times we tried it. Everyone had something different for entrees and a few of us ordered rolls. The menu is cut back from previous cruises but there were sufficient choices in all categories.