DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

How does everybody feel about it being on the last day, instead of earlier in the cruise? I think it should be right at the beginning... you know, a nice welcome back before your cruise gets hopping.. not at the end when you are tired and it's time to pack... i am hoping they think this out and change it up..

I have no problem with it being on the last day in the evening. Never look a gift horse in the mouth and a free drink is a free drink. Then again, I don't pack until about 7 o'clock the morning of disembarkation so the last night of the cruise is treated like the first (except for being significantly heavier).

Edited by Out to sea!

How does everybody feel about it being on the last day, instead of earlier in the cruise? I think it should be right at the beginning... you know, a nice welcome back before your cruise gets hopping.. not at the end when you are tired and it's time to pack... i am hoping they think this out and change it up..

Actually, I liked it. The last day is so sad because you're leaving and that gave us something to look forward to! I thought it was a pleasant ending to a great cruise.

I think the logistics of the party pretty much mandate the last day.

First, you don't want to have the party on a port day as few would show up. So that leaves either a sea day or sometime at night.

I certainly can't speak for all cruises, but most of the cruises I have been on had their sea days on the second day (first full day) and the last full day. Since the second day is elegant night and the Captain's gala, you wouldn't want to put 2 parties together. So that leaves the last full day.

So what about an evening party on a port day? Well, unless the port stop is a short one and the ship leaves at 4pm or earlier, you would be having the party during a large number of early/late diners' dinner.

Additionally, during the middle of the cruise is usually a deck party. And again, I think the idea is to space out the parties. Captain's Gala at the beginning, deck party in the middle, and past guest party at the end.

While I, too, would like to see it earlier in the cruise, I can fully understand why it is usually at the end. It just make sense.

Bob

Just off Pride this morning. I'll share my experience at the P/D party.

I am platinum, my husband still gold. 4 days short :(. He refused to even try to get in, so I went by myself. Entering in front of me was someone with a blue card hanging openly on their neck, so I asked the

Crew about it. Apparently they feel the invitation should include a +1, and would not turn away a platinum or diamond with 1 guest. They did check invitations were in hand, but not names or cards. There were only about 60-65 guests. I think 10

Diamond. Held in butterflies lounge, plenty of room, live music, more than enough food and drinks for everyone.

So I think it was a great improvement. I wish my DH would've come, but he will have his own invite next time ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am platinum, my husband still gold. 4 days short :(. He refused to even try to get in, so I went by myself. Entering in front of me was someone with a blue card hanging openly on their neck, so I asked the

Crew about it. Apparently they feel the invitation should include a +1, and would not turn away a platinum or diamond with 1 guest. They did check invitations were in hand, but not names or cards. There were only about 60-65 guests. I think 10

Diamond. Held in butterflies lounge, plenty of room, live music, more than enough food and drinks for everyone.

So I think it was a great improvement. I wish my DH would've come, but he will have his own invite next time ;)

Thanks for the update.

Leaving on my Splendor sailing on 6/9 and will see what day it is held on this ship sine we have 4 sea days -- 2 in the beginning and 2 at the end.

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

Please tell your husband I admire his integrity. :)

I got off the Legend to Alaska last Tuesday. Having read here that the PGP was the last day, I didn't worry too much that I hadn't gotten my invitation. I had gotten all the other platinum perks.

I was really disappointed when I found out the party had been on the next to the last day. I really wanted to see how the new one was, plus I've never missed one. I went to guest services and told them of my disappointment. They ended up giving me 4 free drink coupons (I didn't ask for anything).

I also didn't get a customs form in my room and had to scout one out the last morning.

Good for your husband! He was doing the right thing :) I think the new rules are a definite improvement and they have definitely gotten things under control. If you are platinum and your guest isn't, you don't have to go, but they will give you drinks "to go" to take to your guest haha. I think that's a great compromise. 10 diamond out of 60 guests is a lot!!