DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

They have more on the tray & will get you ANYTHING u want, as Joe Friday says, just the facts.

I said in one of my posts that I know that you can order anything that you want. My point is, that it is kind of ridiculous that there is only 1 drink available on the tray (Fun Ship Special). It would have been nice if there were other options without having to ask for it.

I said in one of my posts that I know that you can order anything that you want. My point is, that it is kind of ridiculous that there is only 1 drink available on the tray (Fun Ship Special). It would have been nice if there were other options without having to ask for it.

As you might imagine, with 73 Carnival cruises we have been to quite a few of these parties. Many times we have seen trays that also had beer and both red and white wine during the initial offering. As far as mixed drinks go, there are just too many options for a server to try to carry a variety.

As you might imagine, with 73 Carnival cruises we have been to quite a few of these parties. Many times we have seen trays that also had beer and both red and white wine during the initial offering. As far as mixed drinks go, there are just too many options for a server to try to carry a variety.

I don't dislike the Fun Ship Special. I do not drink Wine or Beer and at the last party I went to on the Freedom they were having trouble getting ride of the Wine and Beer. There could be a better variety of drinks such as Fun Ship Special, Bloody Mary, some sort of Daiquiri.. There is a lot of mixed drink options but Carnival could have a better variety of them served at the party.

Wouldn't she be happier being in Camp Carnival while you attend the party?

That totally depends on the kid. Out of the 10 cruises our kids were on I can count on one hand the number of times they went to the kids clubs total. They hated them....and yet they never had an issue going to the past guest party with us.

That totally depends on the kid. Out of the 10 cruises our kids were on I can count on one hand the number of times they went to the kids clubs total. They hated them....and yet they never had an issue going to the past guest party with us.

My son hated the kids club too. He is kind of shy and didn't like the activities. He goes to the past guest parties with us. He is Platinum anyway. They have fruit punch and soda for the kids or for those that don't drink.

What I find ridiculous is your sense of entitlement. It boggles the mind.

I disagree for this one reason. I have been to 4 of these parties on 4 different ships when they were Gold/Plat/Diamond parties. Every time, the invitation was the exact same, same printing, same wording and never did it state that anyone other than the person on the invitation was invited. Others here have posted pics of the exact same invitation from other ships as well. That leads me to believe that this is a fleetwide policy. Based on that anology, neither the Hotel Director, the Captain, nor even John Heald himself has the authorization to change a fleetwide policy on a whim.

I would like to see someone post a pic of the new invitations for the Plat/Diamond party to see them wording on them (I won;t be able to see one for 3-4 more cruises).

I will get a look at one in about three weeks unless we see it here sooner.

I just got off The Glory and wanted to report my experience as a platinum guest at the past guest party. I will admit right now I have not read all 18 pages of responses, so this is just my personal experience. My husband and I are platinum and two of my children went with us that are gold. They are 19 and 20. My boys did not complain one bit about not getting to go to the party. They agreed that we had earned it and they were totally cool with it :) We absolutely LOVED the new set up. We felt it was so much more special than the previous parties. They greeted us at the door with mardi gras beads and ASKED FOR OUR INVITATION AND CHECKED IT! I was very happy they did this. We were seated while watching a live band play great music. We were immediately served drinks (ANYTHING WE WANTED) and the appetizers were wonderful. I was given several pieces of sushi before I realized there were so many other yummy things coming. There were little pork bbq sliders, a little quiche with a shrimp on top and a black bean cake that another poster did not like. Well I'm here to tell you I loved it and ate several. I was so stuffed I couldn't eat dinner haha. I also asked for my first drink and they dropped two more off right before it ended so I could take them with me without me asking! The senior officers were going around the tables introducing themselves and asking where we were from and talked to us for quite some time. Out of 13 cruises, this was the most personal touch we have ever had and it was fantastic. It amazes me how many people love to find things to complain about and do not want to follow the rules. I refuse to let those Debbie Downers ruin my vacation. There were people in bathing suits trying to crash the party to get the free drinks and were politely told this was a private event. No one tries to crash other private events on the ship so I don't see why this should be treated any differently. Anyway, I would have loved to have known what to expect before I went so I thought I would put this out there in case anyone else wanted to know. I give them an A+ for getting it under control. As far as my boys, they actually got more things this cruise than on past cruises. Their drink coupons could be used anywhere on the ship and that is a LOT better than the dining room brunch coupons. My husband and I use ours for bloody marys since they have a little bar set up outside the dining room just for the purpose of the coupons. It's very convenient. You do not have to eat brunch to get your drink :D So that's my experience! If anyone has any questions, ask away!!

Edited by sturderick

I just got off The Glory and wanted to report my experience as a platinum guest at the past guest party. ...

Approximately how many were at the party? Was it in the main theatre or a smaller venue?:)

i actually read in a recent 'post-revision diamond / plat party' type thread that sliders were one of the appetizers. it just could happen... or maybe has?

I was just on the Pride on May 17-24th . I have 14 cruises and they are all 7-8 day cruises .I am platinum. I love the repeater parties and have gone to all of them . I am not hard to please and although they seem to always have them right before dinner I look forward to trying the apps. THey are usually something I dont normally eat. The Pride had mini - pulled pork sandwiches and they were delish!! I have never had a problem getting my own drink from the waiters as I dont know like the fruity stuff . If I ask for 2 they bring 2.

There was plenty of room at the party. Maybe I would say 80-100 people . I believe if I remember correctly around 8 Diamond cruisers.

I didnt mind the parties even when they included the gold cruisers . I figure the more the merrier. Again , its free and anything free I will take ! :)

I just got off The Glory and wanted to report my experience as a platinum guest at the past guest party. I will admit right now I have not read all 18 pages of responses, so this is just my personal experience. My husband and I are platinum and two of my children went with us that are gold. They are 19 and 20. My boys did not complain one bit about not getting to go to the party. They agreed that we had earned it and they were totally cool with it :) We absolutely LOVED the new set up. We felt it was so much more special than the previous parties. They greeted us at the door with mardi gras beads and ASKED FOR OUR INVITATION AND CHECKED IT! I was very happy they did this. We were seated while watching a live band play great music. We were immediately served drinks (ANYTHING WE WANTED) and the appetizers were wonderful. I was given several pieces of sushi before I realized there were so many other yummy things coming. There were little pork bbq sliders, a little quiche with a shrimp on top and a black bean cake that another poster did not like. Well I'm here to tell you I loved it and ate several. I was so stuffed I couldn't eat dinner haha. I also asked for my first drink and they dropped two more off right before it ended so I could take them with me without me asking! The senior officers were going around the tables introducing themselves and asking where we were from and talked to us for quite some time. Out of 13 cruises, this was the most personal touch we have ever had and it was fantastic. It amazes me how many people love to find things to complain about and do not want to follow the rules. I refuse to let those Debbie Downers ruin my vacation. There were people in bathing suits trying to crash the party to get the free drinks and were politely told this was a private event. No one tries to crash other private events on the ship so I don't see why this should be treated any differently. Anyway, I would have loved to have known what to expect before I went so I thought I would put this out there in case anyone else wanted to know. I give them an A+ for getting it under control. As far as my boys, they actually got more things this cruise than on past cruises. Their drink coupons could be used anywhere on the ship and that is a LOT better than the dining room brunch coupons. My husband and I use ours for bloody marys since they have a little bar set up outside the dining room just for the purpose of the coupons. It's very convenient. You do not have to eat brunch to get your drink :D So that's my experience! If anyone has any questions, ask away!!

I'm glad the crew were on the ball, enforcing the rules, and that you had a great time. :)

Edited by Out to sea!

Thanks a lot for adding this. This reinforces that they have actually improved the party. I am also impressed with the Captain and señor staff making their way around and talking to the guests. Good deal!

If you wouldn't mind, please take a pic of it and post it up here. I'm curious to see what it says compared to the old invitations.

I am getting the internet package so I will upload it on the ship.

I was just on the Pride on May 17-24th . I have 14 cruises and they are all 7-8 day cruises .I am platinum. I love the repeater parties and have gone to all of them . I am not hard to please and although they seem to always have them right before dinner I look forward to trying the apps. THey are usually something I dont normally eat. The Pride had mini - pulled pork sandwiches and they were delish!! I have never had a problem getting my own drink from the waiters as I dont know like the fruity stuff . If I ask for 2 they bring 2.

There was plenty of room at the party. Maybe I would say 80-100 people . I believe if I remember correctly around 8 Diamond cruisers.

I didnt mind the parties even when they included the gold cruisers . I figure the more the merrier. Again , its free and anything free I will take ! :)

AMEN! It's all what you make of it :)

Approximately how many were at the party? Was it in the main theatre or a smaller venue?:)

It was in the smaller venue (which I loved) and there were probably around 50-75 people. There were 4 diamond guests and one of them and over 900 days cruising!! It was much more intimate and we had no problems whatsoever getting drinks. We don't go into things like this "expecting" certain things. We're happy with anything they give us and that makes for a much happier cruise (and life haha).

We are just off the Valor 5/23 - 7 day EC.

We had much the same experience at P/D PG party with food and drinks, but with some exceptions to the rest.

We were offered beads at the door , and NOT ONE crew member cared or asked to see an invitation!

We observed several Blue/Red/Gold card holders (they had them on lanyards) enter the party with maybe...another platinum guest?? Who knows or cares? :)

The Senior Officers, did appear on stage, and promptly exited after being introduced! Soooo...again...no problem.:)

We did have the same menu for the apps, and also asked for our rum and coke/ginger ale drinks as soon as the first waiter arrived at our table.... No problem, and we were showered with non-stop rum drinks throughout the party, and even after it ended...:)

BTW, the California Rolls and BBQ Sliders were very good. The others, not even sure what they were...too loud to hear descriptions when the LIVE band was playing..:)

Edited by jwjax

There was wine (both colors) and champagne on the tray also not just punch drinks.

Just off the first Alaskan on the Legend and past guest party was held in the Firebird Lounge (comedy club). There we 36 Diamond and about 130 Platinum guest on board. They were taking up the invitations at the doors. I have been Diamond long enough to know how to get the drinks I want, I usually find a bartender that I know and slip him a tip and he will bring me whatever my wife & I want to drink-usually 2 at a time. If not I will go to the bar and order what I want and give the bartender a tip and when I go back he will fix them without me asking. The officers were there and all the Diamonds got on the stage with them for pictures. I'm sure things will get better as they fine tune the party as this was the first one on the Legend. They brought around some great appatizers and snacks. Dennis

Even after checking our invitations, they got on stage and asked if anyone in the room had a blue, red or gold card. They were politely asked to leave if they were there.

It sounds like the team on the Freedom needs to be re-trained. They didn't check for invitations, they didn't ask blue, red, or gold card holders to leave, and as a result people were in the room that shouldn't have been.

I agree. I'm sure it just depends on the ship you are on and our crew seemed to have been well trained. We experienced that with the entire crew on this cruise. I wasn't sure how it would be since we were sailing an older ship this time, but they were fantastic!

How does everybody feel about it being on the last day, instead of earlier in the cruise? I think it should be right at the beginning... you know, a nice welcome back before your cruise gets hopping.. not at the end when you are tired and it's time to pack... i am hoping they think this out and change it up..