DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

Happen to like the guy but dont think that he should be making his cruise lines passengers help up to ridicule.

I agree. CC does not need JH help making CC look like a crazy conspiracy theory farm.

After all, CC represents a majority of cruisers on any Carnival cruise. I don't know how we have not formed a cruise union yet.

Edited by ZanziBarred

I want to be standing there when you tell him he has nothing to do with what happens on his ship.

Difference between the ship and the Hotel within. The "Hot"man is in charge of the Hotel Operations and their authority does not conflict nor is shared with the Ship Captain. The Captain is not connected nor concerned with the entertainment of the passengers. His job is to get the ship out and back safely and on time.

Sorry if I missed this in the 293 responses, but doesn't Carnival have a policy that the whole immediate family staying in a cabin automatically gets the same loyalty level as the person with the highest level in the cabin? This upcoming cruise will be out 3rd on Carnival, but we have cruised RCCL about 16 times and my DW has the most number of cruises, so myself and our DS get to be Diamond along with her.

No. That is unique to RCCL.

I agree. CC does not need JH help making CC look like a crazy conspiracy theory farm.

After all, CC represents a majority of cruisers on any Carnival cruise. I don't know how we have not formed a cruise union yet.

You've got to be kidding me??? :eek: CC members at best maybe make up 1% of a cruise.

Not me, the board of Carnival (though I wish I was on the board). The board makes policy, not the crew and certainly not the passengers.

Having been a officer of a publicly traded company I highly doubt this is something that would be decided by the Carnival Corporation board of directors.

I just got off the Freedom on Saturday. The party was held the last sea day in the International Lounge. There was folks coming in who were not Platinum and Diamond and nobody was checking invitations at the door. The whole party needs improvement. What they did just does not work well with a small crowd. As usual, the only drinks the waiters had on their tray was the Funship Special. We could order something else but it was a little disappointing that the waiters did not have other drinks on their tray. The food was awful as usual.

I just got off the Freedom on Saturday. The party was held the last sea day in the International Lounge. There was folks coming in who were not Platinum and Diamond and nobody was checking invitations at the door. The whole party needs improvement. What they did just does not work well with a small crowd. As usual, the only drinks the waiters had on their tray was the Funship Special. We could order something else but it was a little disappointing that the waiters did not have other drinks on their tray. The food was awful as usual.

So you had a FUN time..........:confused:

Why would anyone from Carnival have to check for non-Platinum/Diamond guests when you were checking for them?

It can't be that bad if you keep going back knowing the food is awful (as usual) and the only drinks they walk around with is the Funship Special (as usual).

So you had a FUN time..........:confused:

Why would anyone from Carnival have to check for non-Platinum/Diamond guests when you were checking for them?

It can't be that bad if you keep going back knowing the food is awful (as usual) and the only drinks they walk around with is the Funship Special (as usual).

Geez... didn't mean to start up anything. It is my job to check for non-Platinum/Diamond guests. There was plenty of staff at the door that should have been checking invites or sail and sign cards. Also, to only offer 1 type of drink on a tray is simply ridiculous! I will probably not be going back to the parties until they improve on things.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Geez... didn't mean to start up anything. It is my job to check for non-Platinum/Diamond guests. There was plenty of staff at the door that should have been checking invites or sail and sign cards. I will probably not be going back to the parties until they improve on things.

My point is that everything in your post comes across as totally negative (which it is or not, and you certainly have th eright to psot it here....either way). I assume you mean to say it is not your job to check for guests..... Curious as to how you knew that.

So, on a more postive vein, what do you think they should to to make the party better?

My point is that everything in your post comes across as totally negative (which it is or not, and you certainly have th eright to psot it here....either way). I assume you mean to say it is not your job to check for guests..... Curious as to how you knew that.

So, on a more postive vein, what do you think they should to to make the party better?

The party was not enjoyable nor fun so my post was negative. My suggestions would be:

Checking for invites or sail and sign cards at the door. There was PLENTY of staff just standing around.

Have more variety of drinks. The only thing the waiters carried was the Funship Special.

Have better appetizers, there was some kind of Sushi and Black Bean that was awful.

Finally, make the party feel more special. It would have been nice if the Sr. Management came to everyone's table just to say hello and welcome back.

The party was not enjoyable nor fun so my post was negative. My suggestions would be:

Checking for invites or sail and sign cards at the door. There was PLENTY of staff just standing around.

Have more variety of drinks. The only thing the waiters carried was the Funship Special.

Have better appetizers, there was some kind of Sushi and Black Bean that was awful.

Finally, make the party feel more special. It would have been nice if the Sr. Management came to everyone's table just to say hello and welcome back.

The apps are an interesting thing. I think they want to expose the attendees to something different. I don't know that but have been at enough Carnival run events to get their idea down. The last item you mention is the best I have heard. I hope you suggested it on your post cruise survey.

You've got to be kidding me??? :eek: CC members at best maybe make up 1% of a cruise.

It was sarcasm. :-)

My point being, Cruise Critic (and probably a majority of its members) thinks it is bigger than it actually is and due to its size should have the ability to force cruise lines to change policies.

The apps are an interesting thing. I think they want to expose the attendees to something different.

I agree. Seems like they are going fancy high society with the appetizers (or Hors d'Oeuvres) when a large majority of its guests think of appetizers as boneless wings and fried green beans from the Applebees.

The apps are an interesting thing. I think they want to expose the attendees to something different. I don't know that but have been at enough Carnival run events to get their idea down. The last item you mention is the best I have heard. I hope you suggested it on your post cruise survey.

I put on the survey every time that the apps and variety of drinks are terrible. The apps are too fancy for me. I will put my suggestions on the VIFP benefits survey that I should get in a few days.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

I agree. Seems like they are going fancy high society with the appetizers (or Hors d'Oeuvres) when a large majority of its guests think of appetizers as boneless wings and fried green beans from the Applebees.

Call it what you will but we pass on most of the apps they serve at VIFP party.

Hoping we like the ones at plat/diamond party better.

Thank you OuttoSea.. I was going to make that comment... CC really needs to get over itself. Yes, there are a lot of members but hardly making up a majority of the 59,000 passengers Carnival has each week.

You guys are correct, very few CC members are on any given cruise.

The point I think people are trying to make, is if you are willing to spend your free time on a message board discussing the topic, then you are very likely to also spend time speaking to people in real life about it. Carnival definitely has people reading this board. For most topics, they wouldnt respond in an official way. Almost every company has people and software that monitors the web for mentions or discussions of their brand. Carnival(and all cruise brands) is unique in that they have a WHOLE site dedicated to nothing but their product. They would not miss out on the opportunity to gain more insight into their customer and how they can influence that in the future to spend more time with them.

You guys are correct, very few CC members are on any given cruise.

The point I think people are trying to make, is if you are willing to spend your free time on a message board discussing the topic, then you are very likely to also spend time speaking to people in real life about it. Carnival definitely has people reading this board. For most topics, they wouldnt respond in an official way. Almost every company has people and software that monitors the web for mentions or discussions of their brand. Carnival(and all cruise brands) is unique in that they have a WHOLE site dedicated to nothing but their product. They would not miss out on the opportunity to gain more insight into their customer and how they can influence that in the future to spend more time with them.

They certainly use it to see what the latest creative way to smuggle is... And no I don't and never have.

Having been a officer of a publicly traded company I highly doubt this is something that would be decided by the Carnival Corporation board of directors.

Since you want to try to be literal I will make it literal for you. A group of people sitting at Carnival HQ directed by the Board to write policy make these decisions......NOT the Captain or Crew. Does that help your officerness? :rolleyes:

Geez... didn't mean to start up anything. It is my job to check for non-Platinum/Diamond guests. There was plenty of staff at the door that should have been checking invites or sail and sign cards. Also, to only offer 1 type of drink on a tray is simply ridiculous! I will probably not be going back to the parties until they improve on things.

If you're not going to be there can I take over your job? :D

Edited by Out to sea!

It was sarcasm. :-)

My point being, Cruise Critic (and probably a majority of its members) thinks it is bigger than it actually is and due to its size should have the ability to force cruise lines to change policies.

Ah, gotcha.

And I agree. Probably half the people here most likely think they should be allowed sit on the Carnival Board of Directors because they've taken more than one cruise with Carnival. ;)