Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

How can you find the first cards on the AARP website? I selected gift cards on the website and nothing for Carnival came up. I also did a search, which was unsuccessful.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Search for Rewards for Good. You may also be able to click on the Menu icon. On mine its listed at the top.

How can you find the first cards on the AARP website? I selected gift cards on the website and nothing for Carnival came up. I also did a search, which was unsuccessful.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The easiest way is to log into your account at http://rewards.aarp.org. Then either go to Gift Cards, Travel or Travel, Travel Gift Cards (both take you to the same page). As someone else said, the Carnival cards will show up when they're available.

You'll have to log in at http://aarp.org if you want to earn more points by taking some of their quizzes.Or in the top right corner of the Rewards for Good site, click on "Earn More Points at AARP.org."

People scoff at 10% off but i look at it this way. I paid 90% to get 100% of the experience and if you are a frequent cruiser its like paying for 9 cruises and getting the 10th for FREE !

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

People scoff at 10% off but i look at it this way. I paid 90% to get 100% of the experience and if you are a frequent cruiser its like paying for 9 cruises and getting the 10th for FREE !

Agreed, get your best price, get OBC, and get any discounts you can then get 10% off after all that for the cruise, excursions, and your sail & sign charges.

I'm organizing a group cruise and am handling cash payments for 6 cabins. I've collected $7500 worth of gift cards over the past month. I plan on keeping the 10% as a "convenience fee" :)

I'm organizing a group cruise and am handling cash payments for 6 cabins. I've collected $7500 worth of gift cards over the past month. I plan on keeping the 10% as a "convenience fee" :)

I think that's pretty rotten. If you were going to charge them for your assistance, then just be upfront and tell them. I'm also working with a group. 5 cabins. I started off going on the trip but then had to change dates. I told my girlfriend I would still do the work. I've gotten some to buy cards but not everyone is open to the idea. People would rather pay full price. Ridiculous but their loss. Anyway, I would never pocket the 10% savings. And they know better anyway from me telling them about the gift cards.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I think that's pretty rotten. If you were going to charge them for your assistance, then just be upfront and tell them. I'm also working with a group. 5 cabins. I started off going on the trip but then had to change dates. I told my girlfriend I would still do the work. I've gotten some to buy cards but not everyone is open to the idea. People would rather pay full price. Ridiculous but their loss. Anyway, I would never pocket the 10% savings. And they know better anyway from me telling them about the gift cards.

I would keep the 10% and have them pay for my cabin too. No, seriously if i had earned enough points to get all those cards myself i should be entitled to some if not all of it. I whole heartedly believe my time is worth something. Especially if im doing all the plannning, scheduling and research. But if i was doing just an equal share then it should be not take anything but a thank you and a drink from each person.

You're a better person than I am. I applaud you!

You're a better person than I am. I applaud you!

Lol. Just a different way of thinking. I probably do let my friends take a bit of advantage of me when it comes to planning trips. But I really enjoy doing it. I somehow always get it back. Gifts in my cabin, etc. And they always do say thank you. I'm not using my own points to buy the cards. The few people I got to buy them either had Verizon or joined aarp. One day if I ever decide to make some money off of my cruise planning obsession, then I'll charge upfront. I could never pocket $750 of people's money and they not know it.

I love that!

Thanks to all for posting this info. I was able to get 4 $100 cards, then went back on and got 2 more for a total of six. This Is the first time I have ordered the gift cards. How long does it take to get them? My final payment is due on two weeks and I'm hoping to use them for this. If I don't get them in time, can gift cards be used to prepurchase Cheers?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

The easiest way is to log into your account at http://rewards.aarp.org. Then either go to Gift Cards, Travel or Travel, Travel Gift Cards (both take you to the same page). As someone else said, the Carnival cards will show up when they're available.

You'll have to log in at http://aarp.org if you want to earn more points by taking some of their quizzes.Or in the top right corner of the Rewards for Good site, click on "Earn More Points at AARP.org."

Once I've ordered the cards, where on the AARP site do I find the transaction details, other than the the confirmation email?

Thanks to all for posting this info. I was able to get 4 $100 cards, then went back on and got 2 more for a total of six. This Is the first time I have ordered the gift cards. How long does it take to get them? My final payment is due on two weeks and I'm hoping to use them for this. If I don't get them in time, can gift cards be used to prepurchase Cheers?

If you reread a few pages you will find tons of useful info. More than you will get in one response

This Is the first time I have ordered the gift cards. How long does it take to get them? My final payment is due on two weeks and I'm hoping to use them for this. If I don't get them in time, can gift cards be used to prepurchase Cheers?
They usually come in a week, give or take. The last time we ordered, it was on a Wednesday and we got them the following Monday. Yes, you can pre-pay gratuities, purchase cheers, excursions, etc. Or take some with you and apply them to your S&S account.

Once I've ordered the cards, where on the AARP site do I find the transaction details, other than the the confirmation email?
When you login to http://rewards.aarp.org, click on "Account" at the very top of the page. The first thing it takes you to is your transaction history. All of the points you've earned, how you earned them, and your order history.

I starting doing the AARP quizzes about 2 weeks ago and have 25,000 points aleady.I am not going on a Carnival cruise until August 2018 so plan on start buying the $500 cards to pay off my cruise,which is not until May.Since I book through a travel agent I don't want to get too many $100 cards as that would be a lot of work putting all the gift card numbers and pins in to pay it off.

It seems $500 cards sell out much quicker than $100 cards.Between booking through a TA that gives obc and 10% discount for buying cards, that will be a nice savings.

I starting doing the AARP quizzes about 2 weeks ago and have 25,000 points aleady.I am not going on a Carnival cruise until August 2018 so plan on start buying the $500 cards to pay off my cruise,which is not until May.Since I book through a travel agent I don't want to get too many $100 cards as that would be a lot of work putting all the gift card numbers and pins in to pay it off.

It seems $500 cards sell out much quicker than $100 cards.Between booking through a TA that gives obc and 10% discount for buying cards, that will be a nice savings.

After going on 7 carnival cruises i have yet to find a better deal than going directly thru carnival. I search and i hunt and i scour the internet for any deals out there but nothing better than what i have. Now royal on the other hand i find tons of better deals and more incentives thru other sites.

I could never pocket $750 of people's money and they not know it.

She is not really pocketing their money - Let's just say she takes their $1000 for their cruise that costs $1000 - They are getting their $1000 cruise - Now just because she uses the tools she has available to her to get a discount on giftcards to pay that $1000 does not change the fact that they are getting exactly what they paid for

I mean really my travel agent makes commission from me when I book thru him - Should he just give that all back to me

After going on 7 carnival cruises i have yet to find a better deal than going directly thru carnival. I search and i hunt and i scour the internet for any deals out there but nothing better than what i have. Now royal on the other hand i find tons of better deals and more incentives thru other sites.

I get a better deal booking thru my TA then I do going thru the cruise line directly - As My TA generally gives me some sort of OBC for booking with them

Curious, better deals directly through Carnival for what exactly?