Flight thru JFK

britty1

I have been looking at flights for our Adventure cruise in 2016 and I would be able to use my miles if we take a flight that goes from Tucson - San Juan but stopping in JFK for the last leg which would go from JFK to San Juan.

Since I am not a frequent flyer of the east coast I am asking for your thoughts - thank you in advance. Also posting this on our roll call page.

All of AA's flights are from Terminal 8. If you leave yourself an hour between flights then it should be plenty.

As far as I know AA don't fly JFK-TUS. Are you sure that you're flying TUS-JFK-SJU...

All of AA's flights are from Terminal 8. If you leave yourself an hour between flights then it should be plenty.

As far as I know AA don't fly JFK-TUS. Are you sure that you're flying TUS-JFK-SJU...

Most likely flying AA/USAIR TUS-PHX-JFK-SJU...

Most likely flying AA/USAIR TUS-PHX-JFK-SJU...

That itinerary would make me nervous unless they will have a couple extra days in SJU before the cruise. I can't remember the last US itinerary I was on that didn't have at least one irr op which caused me to misconnect. If it's not maintenance it's a crew issue or weather. I've gone from being a cheerleaser to trying to use up my miles and be done with them over the past year.

Many times, when trying to use miles, the old saying applies: beggars can't be choosers.

While there are some one-stoppers from TUS-SJU (via DFW), it is probably one of those cases where the lowest mileage redemption is the less-than-optimum routing.

I'm not a fan of AA/US, either. I have not yet had a "smooth" flight experience with them in the past 4 years. Probably why I only fly them when I absolutely must because either DL doesn't fly there or there is no alternative for my needs.

I have been looking at flights for our Adventure cruise in 2016 and I would be able to use my miles if we take a flight that goes from Tucson - San Juan but stopping in JFK for the last leg which would go from JFK to San Juan.

Since I am not a frequent flyer of the east coast I am asking for your thoughts - thank you in advance. Also posting this on our roll call page.

What exactly is your question? :confused:

Are you asking about the logistics of making a connection at JFK? Looking for recommended connection times? Worthwhile use of miles? How to kill time at JFK? etc. etc.