Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

well that is one place we have not been to yet... I have heard that Iceland has some of the best sceneries...

Our Northern Trans Atlantic did four ports of call in Iceland - a beautiful place in mid summer, with a wide variety of scenery and wildlife.

I'm reading through one of the world cruise blogs and the Princess ovens, hot plates, grills must not be working as they been reporting for 52 days of stone cold food.

:(

My parents are on this cruise. They rang just as they were docking in Iceland yesterday, but didn't mention this. Mind you probably more important things to chat about in a 3 minute call LOL. I haven't had a lot of communication since they have been at sea as they have had trouble with their internet connection. Turns out their cabin seems to be a "blind spot". I will ask...

Edited by c7009

:(

My parents are on this cruise. They rang just as they were docking in Iceland yesterday, but didn't mention this. Mind you probably more important things to chat about in a 3 minute call LOL. I haven't had a lot of communication since they have been at sea as they have had trouble with their internet connection. Turns out their cabin seems to be a "blind spot". I will ask...

Don't worry everyone experiences are different, I had an email from someone on board and they are having a great time with no complaints.... We'll probably non that is going to dampen their experience.....

If we ever had problems with Internet we would grab a cuppa and sit in the atrium lounges ..... Lots of little corners to make a call

I found one of the blogs and it seems the cold food was a pre Southampton thing, my parents joined there. They are not too Internet savvy, but now they have figured out the problem they will no doubt find a corner somewhere.

From the call they are having fun and meeting lots of nice people. This is their first cruise as Platinum so they were very excited. Not much would put a damper on the experience for them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I found one of the blogs and it seems the cold food was a pre Southampton thing, my parents joined there. They are not too Internet savvy, but now they have figured out the problem they will no doubt find a corner somewhere.

From the call they are having fun and meeting lots of nice people. This is their first cruise as Platinum so they were very excited. Not much would put a damper on the experience for them.

That is great ... did you get them to join the roll call... Sandie is doing a great job looking after the group... there are a lot of people on this cruise that are also going on our Circle pacific next year... when they get back we will organise another Sydney lunch to catch up on all the goss LOL

Just heard Sea Princess is doing a detour due to icebergs

I thought I read in one of the blogs that they were on iceberg alert... and that they were hoping for calm seas so that they can dock in halifax

I thought I read in one of the blogs that they were on iceberg alert... and that they were hoping for calm seas so that they can dock in halifax

Interesting. Wonder what its going to be like when I cruise over that way in early September :D I'm beginning to wonder whether I will have warmth enough clothes. I think I might go the layers route.

LOL I spoke with my Mum last night. It was earky hoirs in the morning there. She didn't mention it being rough but that was 9.30pm kast night Aus ES Time here. She said the weather had been OK. ...quite pleasant sitting in the sun on the sheltered side of the deck. But then they have just come from an average -1- 10 degree here in Tasmania....so I guess 13 there seemed warm.

She also said they haven't noticed the food being cold and had asked some longer cruisers at breakfast about the cold food rumour and they all denied any issues as well.

They are not Cruise Critic posters.

LOL I spoke with my Mum last night. It was earky hoirs in the morning there. She didn't mention it being rough but that was 9.30pm kast night Aus ES Time here. She said the weather had been OK. ...quite pleasant sitting in the sun on the sheltered side of the deck. But then they have just come from an average -1- 10 degree here in Tasmania....so I guess 13 there seemed warm.

She also said they haven't noticed the food being cold and had asked some longer cruisers at breakfast about the cold food rumour and they all denied any issues as well.

They are not Cruise Critic posters.

Thanks for the feedback about the food. Must be just a bunch of fussy eaters. :D