SOLSTICE to Alaska 5/8/15

Lois R

What a wonderful review, Lois! Glad to hear you had as good a time as we had the week before!

I am just getting to my blog post write ups, the first of which will be up tomorrow (I post on M, W and F, so new cruise content for the next several posts. I have a lot to say!) at floridakeysgirl.com

We had similar experiences with great service and happy people throughout. Although we did seem to miss the wine connoisseurs dinner! Next time...

What a wonderful review, Lois! Glad to hear you had as good a time as we had the week before!

I am just getting to my blog post write ups, the first of which will be up tomorrow (I post on M, W and F, so new cruise content for the next several posts. I have a lot to say!) at floridakeysgirl.com

We had similar experiences with great service and happy people throughout. Although we did seem to miss the wine connoisseurs dinner! Next time...

Glad you had a good cruise too:D

If you get a chance to go to Butchart Gardens go. It is beautiful:)

I couldn't agree more. What a breath taking beautiful place Butchart Gardens is! It is so beautiful I would go again in a heartbeat if I ever returned to Victoria.

Someone mentioned dining on the last night in Victoria...we ate a good sized lunch before leaving the ship and ate our last meal :( at the buffet when we returned from our excursion. The buffet was a very busy place even late and the selection of food was larger and better than usual IMO.

Enjoy the Solstice...great ship, staff and service!

Hi, Lois, so glad you enjoyed your Solstice cruise but I had no doubts that you would. Coincidentally, we are booked on the same cruise in September. It could never be anything but wonderful compared to our March debacle, but having sailed Solstice before, and having sailed Celebrity to Alaska before I can only imagine it was a thousand times better. Take care and hope we sail together again some day and actually meet in person:)

We've never gone to Butchart Gardens because I keep reading complaints that the trip getting there was longer than the visit. Is this an exaggeration?

We're going in early August this year, so would this be a good time to finally visit? We're avid gardeners and would love to see it, but hate to waste our last night on a long bus ride.

We've never gone to Butchart Gardens because I keep reading complaints that the trip getting there was longer than the visit. Is this an exaggeration?

We're going in early August this year, so would this be a good time to finally visit? We're avid gardeners and would love to see it, but hate to waste our last night on a long bus ride.

Wife and I were at Victoria last year and we just roamed around because we were never there before. If we were to do the same cruise, I would definitely find something to do or not even bother getting off the ship. The city is beautiful but the stop is sort of a waste if you have already been there and don't have anything lined up.

Edited by dkjretired