Balcony expierence

Taking a solo Caribbean cruise soon on LOS and my 1st balcony. Thinking about ways to enjoy like: having my am coffee or if pool area too crowded, I will have private reading/relax location although I don't want to spend to much time alone.

How do you enjoy your balcony.......Also, do they have mini frig?

Thanks

Edited by gizmo911

Taking a solo Caribbean cruise soon on LOS and my 1st balcony. Thinking about ways to enjoy like: having my am coffee or if pool area too crowded, I will have private reading/relax location although I don't want to spend to much time alone.

Thanks

I will sit out there in the morning and have coffee or a mimosa. Sometimes in the afternoon I will leave the door open to take a nap...

Late night not always much to see it just depends

Most of the ships have mini fridges in the rooms but I havent been on LOS so I cant say yes...

Thanks

Looking at the stars at night.

Morning coffee. Taking photo. Enjoying the sea breeze. Reading/relaxing on the balcony. Afternoon tea. Cheese & fruit plate before dinner. Late night gazing the stars or the dark ocean. ☺ I just LOVE the balcony.

Same as above. Add fruit and pastry with my coffee, watch the islands disappear as we sail away, having a glass of wine before dinner, watch the late people running down the pier (haha). If I couldn't afford a balcony in the future I would not sail until I could. LOVE it!

Thanks

We're coffee drinkers... so we have room service delver (2) pots of coffee (they're very small) each morning. Actually room service is our daily wake up call/alarm. We sit on the balcony and enjoy our coffee while reading the daily cruise compass to plan our day.

Enjoy your balcony, enjoy your cruise!

Seeing the scenery as you sail into port without having to get up. I had an amazing view coming in to Picton in New Zealand and into Sydney because I could just open my curtains and lie there and then migrate out to the balcony to take some photos and admire the view.

Docked at Labadee, and watching the jet skis welcome us in with their flag parade.

But, when sailing just watching the waves---- sipping on anything, coffee, rum, champagne, and of course as the famous CC live poster--- RADIO would say......

"......Watching the news........"

Enjoy

I JUST told my son that I can't wait to wake up, open the balcony door and just hear the ocean. Every morning, one of us wakes up, opens the door and then gets back in bed! :p

Reading and napping on the balcony is also nice! I can't wait till I can experience an aft balcony and can bring along a hammock! :D

We've seen everything from our balcony from whales (Hawaii) to sea lions (Ensenada) to the lights from Cuba, the lava flowing into the ocean (again, Hawaii cruise) to the "running of the drunks" when the ship is about to leave a port. I love having coffee on the balcony before the day begins, either watching the boats around us or the activity on the pier, and I love sitting on the balcony at night watching the lights from a nearby island as we pass and listening to the ocean. It's the most peaceful place on the ship...and all MINE for however long they let me stay on the ship (usually just one week at a time....lol).

Be sure to look for strange or unusual things at sea, i.e. a live chicken floating on a wooden pallet in the middle of the Caribbean.

It's for this reason we always bring binoculars.

The coolest thing we've ever seen from our balcony was on the Explorer en route from New York to Bermuda.

On the first sea day we sailed through quite a significant thunderstorm that whipped up waves that were about thirty feet and, as we were looking out at the storm from the balcony, a bolt of lightning hit the crest of a wave not far in the distance and then jumped across to other nearby waves. Very cool to see in person.

Enjoying coffee at any time, a glass of wine or champagne before retiring for the evening, reading or sleeping, and watching the sun set or rise! Having a balcony is awesome!:D

I absolutely love the balcony & won't sail unless we get a balcony room. I love to get up before sunrise & drink my coffee on the balcony & just breathe in the beauty of the sea - both sights and sounds. My son & I like to watch for flying fish or dolphin while were sailing. My husband & I like to sit out there at night after dinner/shows and enjoy a beverage - we're not big partiers or lounge go-ers. A cruise balcony is my escape within an escape :)

Edited by palmettostatecruiser
spacing

There's nothing better than drinking coffee in my pj's on the balcony and reading a book. Unless it's having my DGS join me there to drink his OJ and discuss deep, philosophical questions as only a five-year-old can.

As someone with claustrophobia issues, we always book a balcony. It feels like an extension of the room, if you will. It appears larger, and I feel better being able to see outside, whether it be to look at the ocean or while we are in port.

Enjoy your balcony and your cruise. :)

It's how I unwind at night after a busy day. I stand at the rail and look out at the sea ... I watch the waves as they curl and splash when the ship cuts through the water ... I look at the twinkling lights of islands floating by ... I savor the moment of my little private domain and store up the memories for when I return home. (I'm playing a little video in my head right now ... and it makes me smile.)

I have two favourite things to do on a balcony:

1. Order room service breakfast each night and eat it on the balcony (with either a pot of coffee, or a bottle of champange) - it's soooooo much more relaxing than showering, getting dressed and battling at the WJ or queing at the MDR!
  2. Taking a drink (usually a martini or glass of champagne) up to my room last thing at night and standing on the balcony. Just feeling the sea air against you. Looking up at the stars, and down at the crashing waves against the ship. Pure bliss.

Best thing I ever saw from my balcony was on Splendour in 2007, we were doing the Greek islands itinerary. Middle of the night I couldn't sleep, so I got up and went on the balcony. We're in the middle of the Adriatic and there's a thunderstorm circling us 360 degrees. The water was still as a mill pond and the lightning was so far away I couldn't hear it. Just every inch of the horizon was filled with hundreds of lighting bolts. Beautiful.

First time cruiser booked for jewel of the seas southern Caribbean 12/27 with my family. (Husband two teen boys)- have adjacent balcony cabins.

Room service-- is it like a hotel? Do you hang it outside your door? Do you tip them when it's delivered? I just assumed I had to leave the cabin and go get coffee or a drink or cheese platter or whatever.

I feel silly but I really don't know. If I have something delivered to the room, what is an appropriate tip for the delivery? Or is that what the other gratuity is for? I have no problem tipping and probably tip too often, but don't want to "throw money away" either.

These types of tips are why this site is so invaluable to newbies like myself. Thank you