Sharing from Lost and found camera

MrPantsOz

I just saw a post on lost and found camera and photos facebook page, thought this was as good a place as any to share.

"This past weekend my husband and I were "garage saling" and bought a suitcase in Orleans. When we got it home I found a 2GB memory card inside. There are pictures from a Princess Cruiseline cruise to what looks like Panama in January 2009... I've attached a picture of the lady and the gentleman in the photos in hopes that we can return the memory card to the owner.

Please share this as much as possible!"

Does anyone recognise these people?

11261509_10153343491844715_1078010323633138053_n.jpg.79245aa4a9023852d2f12e86468c4ffc.jpg

19197_10153343491039715_1014477978592744419_n.jpg.f00d194ed337ac541489244460af66e5.jpg

You stand as much chance of returning that chip as willing the powerball lottery. :D

Something similar just happened where I live. A camera was lost at Glacier Bay National Park in Montana. Whoever found it realized some of the pics were from Nebraska (due to license plates and a business van in the back of a picture). They went to the newspaper where I live and the paper wrote a story and posted a few pictures and the owner was found!

Maybe the card belongs to a New Orleans family - maybe go to the newspaper there!

This thread reminds me why we always take a photo of our contact information and ask the finder to send us the camera card, while keeping the camera for their trouble. Thankfully we haven't yet lost a camera but we feel better knowing our info is on the first frame on the card.

Good luck.

You stand as much chance of returning that chip as willing the powerball lottery. :D

I actually think you have a good chance of finding them, but the newspaper idea is a good one also. Love the idea of taking contact info picture and will be doing for upcoming cruise. Good luck and let is know results. Very nice of you to make the effort.

What a very clever and kind thing to do ! The CC community is a great place to find people who will join on in on your efforts. Thank you for doing that. You remind us that nice people do exist and I hope you get rewarded by having to mail that card to the owners ! Good luck.

Edited by Sailingpeace

LOVE the idea of taking a pic of your contact info ...and talk about timely...altho too late for our newly made friends on our recent river cruise.

He emailed me once back home to say that sadly, he had lost/misplaced his memory card with all their photos.

something like having your contact info on the card might have ensured a safe return...

I'm adding this to my 'need to do' list...thanks for the tip!

LOVE the idea of taking a pic of your contact info ...and talk about timely...altho too late for our newly made friends on our recent river cruise.

He emailed me once back home to say that sadly, he had lost/misplaced his memory card with all their photos.

something like having your contact info on the card might have ensured a safe return...

This thread reminds me why we always take a photo of our contact information and ask the finder to send us the camera card, while keeping the camera for their trouble. Thankfully we haven't yet lost a camera but we feel better knowing our info is on the first frame on the card.

Good luck.

Great Idea!!! I love it.

Tony

I'm going to suggest sending your friend to the "lost and found camera and photos" facebook page. It is amazing how many found cameras and cards there are, not just the lost ones.

If you can tell what ship and date the cruise was from. Then check the Roll Call thread for that date. You might get some info there as to who the owners are.

Looks like the picture in the canal is dated 1/24/09. But according to the 2009 Cruise Atlas, Coral would have been the canal on 1/28 and Island on 1/30. I can't find a Princess ship in the canal on 1/24.

Looks like the picture in the canal is dated 1/24/09. But according to the 2009 Cruise Atlas, Coral would have been the canal on 1/28 and Island on 1/30. I can't find a Princess ship in the canal on 1/24.

Tahitian Princess was doing a world cruise starting on 1/14/09 and Royal Princess starting on 1/20/09. Could one of then been in the canal on that date?

Links to the roll calls

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=578696&highlight=tahitian

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=71853311&pp=25&page=12

Having trouble posting the links.

Edited by geocruiser