Is the Enchantment an nice ship/cruise

I have to use a couple future cruise certificates before they expire. I want a cruise that would have a relatively small out of pocket expense after applying the certificates. I found two possibilities in Nov 15. One on the Majesty and the other on the Enchantment. I prefer Majesty's 4 night itinerary but I reserved the Enchantment because it's a newer, bigger ship. Two things that are important to me when selecting a cruise.

I know the Enchantment is not going to be like a ship in the Oasis or Freedom class (my preferred classes) but can it be just as nice despite the inconvenience of tendering in Cococay? I reserved a JS but read reviews on CC that indicates some of the JS have the infamous pole in front of the bed. Is there any way to tell, which rooms have the pole?

I think the Nordic Empress was the smallest ship I have sailed on. I enjoyed her in 2000 but with technology and all the changes I don't think I would like a ship that small now.

Anyone been on the Oasis or the Allure and then the Enchantment? How was your experience?

Thanks for any comments..

Edited by crusinthrough

I have to use a couple future cruise certificates before they expire. ..

I cant help you with Enchantment but I do find this interesting. I thought FCC's never expired? :confused:

We have been on Enchanment twice & it is a nice ship. The crew has always been very good. Our only "complaint" about the ship is that it seems the shows fill up quickly, not sure if it is due to the ship being "stretched" and the theater not expanded to accommodate the extra passengers or just coincidence

We have been on both the Majesty (2 times) & the Enchantment (4 times), our preference over those two is the Enchantment. There is little to compare between the Oasis, and the Enchantment.

Edited by Mac303

I cant help you with Enchantment but I do find this interesting. I thought FCC's never expired? :confused:

These are not the certificates purchases on board. There was an issue on one my cruises and I received these as compensation.

Here are several reviews on Enchantment - there are many others out there as well. Seems like a favorite for quite a few people. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980397&highlight=enchantment

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2200780&highlight=enchantment

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2185385&highlight=enchantment

Thank you

We have been on both the Majesty (2 times) & the Enchantment (4 times), our preference over those two is the Enchantment. There is little to compare between the Oasis, and the Enchantment.

Thank you, I appreciate the response. Enchantment seems like the better choice.

We have been on Enchanment twice & it is a nice ship. The crew has always been very good. Our only "complaint" about the ship is that it seems the shows fill up quickly, not sure if it is due to the ship being "stretched" and the theater not expanded to accommodate the extra passengers or just coincidence

I did not realize there were shows on 4 night sailings. Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to comedy show so I'll get there early.

We were just on enchantment a couple weekends ago. We had a great time. By the looks of it it may not be RCL's most "exiting" ship, but the crew was very friendly. We enjoyed the shows, they didn't seem to fill up that fast- we showed up about 15 minutes early and it was fine. The Tender to Cocao cay worked out just fine. It's was a fun short trip.

Also, make sure to check out the Solarium bar and say hi to Anthony- He was a great bartender!

• 1 year later...

Our first cruise was on Allure (close to Oasis) and then Freedom (2x) and then Enchantment. (Next up - Majesty.)

Our favorite would probably be the Freedom, but we had a fantastic time on Enchantment. It all depends on your itinerary, your interests and your expectations. There are a lot of "bells and whistles" on the Oasis class that we just didn't use. We felt that the big big ships had too many people. Enchantment was a great little ship with just enough amenities for what we were looking for.

If you are looking for LOTS of dining options, lots of activities, and lots of different entertainment options, then the Oasis class is right for you. If you are cruising to relax, have a special meal every now and then, and explore the ports, then the Enchantment will be just perfect. You can have a great cruise on almost any ship, just know what to expect.