Harmony - possible May 2016 sailing

TTG article (22.5.15) - which I would book as well as the one I have booked for Oct 2016!!

"UK agents are set to be the first in the world to experience Royal Caribbean’s newest Oasis-class ship Harmony of the Seas, TTG has learned.

The 5,200-passenger ship – the third in its class - will sail a “shake-down” voyage from the UK to Barcelona, with UK agents onboard.

UK and Ireland managing director Stuart Leven said it would be “the biggest trade event that Royal Caribbean has ever done”.

No firm dates have yet been set, but Leven said the inaugural sailing was likely to be around the end of May next year.

Harmony will then spend the summer sailing from Barcelona, before repositioning to Fort Lauderdale in the autumn.

More details of the sailing are set to be announced later today at the Clia Cruise Convention, which is taking place onboard Royal Caribbean’s latest ship Anthem of the Seas.

With both paying passengers as well as conference delegates boarding the ship, Leven said it would be the biggest embarkation that the port of Southampton had seen".

Received an email late this afternoon from RCCL stating that the Inaugural Cruise has been changed to 29th May 2016 from Southampton to Barcelona.

There were three choices, rebook on the 29th May, rebook on another ship or get a full refund.

Where did you find the rates for this sailing? I can't found it at rccl website.

It's not yet on the US website. I'm guessing that people have either called Royal or travel agents directly.

Edited by clarea

I do not know when it will be on the website, we were booked on the "original" Inaugural on 12th June, I was aware of rumours circulating that there would be an earlier sailing but RCCL always stated that this was the Inaugural trip until I received an email from RCCL UK as per my post above. I called the number and the agent, after checking with her superior, changed the booking to the new date. I still have the original booking ref and the original cabin booked but a quite a substantially reduced price. The new dates and sailing from UK suits us better so it's a win win situation for us!

My Ta phoned Royal yesterday when I told her about this new sailing.I'm booked on the June 12th sailing.She said if I wanted to change I wouldn't be able to do anything till Wednesday.I don't think I will be changing to the May 29th sailing.

I was told, if you are booked on the 6/12 cruise, you have until 11:00pm EST to change to the 5/29 cruise and keep your room. The cruise is being released tomorrow to the public. You have until 6/10 to change and keep the same rate. Calling tonight to find out the complete itinerary change.

Interesting. I am the public and would be interested in that cruise.

I guess I have to wait a couple days to find out the details. How many days is the cruise?

Never been on an inaugural. Do special things happen?

Interesting. I am the public and would be interested in that cruise.

I guess I have to wait a couple days to find out the details. How many days is the cruise?

Never been on an inaugural. Do special things happen?

Depends. This one will probably be different since it will have press/agents as well ... though it may also mean closed venues for events. Nothing special happened for the listed "inaugural" of the Quantum but then again that was not the first sailing.

After MUCH ado am now booked onto the 29th May sailing. It is not on the UK or USA website. By chance I logged onto the "manage my booking" section of the RCCL website. I then looked through the cruise planner to check if this sailing came up. Lo and behold it did and I am now booked - yippee!!

Itinerary embark 29th May 2016 Southampton

At sea

At sea

Vigo, Spain

At Sea

Malaga, Spain

At sea

Barcelona

Will now join the roll call!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have received an email tonight from a UK TA showing two new sailings for Harmony - a four night Southampton - Rotterdam - Southampton on 22 May and a three night Southampton - Cherbourg - Southampton on 26 May. Presumably the cruise on 22nd will now be the Inaugural ??