Backstreet boys chartered cruise

Hi everybody!

The BSB just announced their next chartered cruise will be on the Brilliance in the Mediterranean. I was wondering if anyone knows how chartered cruises work in terms of activities. Are there all of the regular daily activities going on (like trivia) or all of the regular daily RCCL activities don't happen on a chartered cruise?

Thanks!

.............I wonder if the "BSB"s get the senior discount nowadays? :eek:

I have 25 people 18-20ish that work for me...was listening to some early-mid 90's rock on pandora and several of them said I was listening to some old school music...then on the drive home I was listening to the old school FM station and there were those songs yet again...I'm only 30....

I thought if someone like the Backstreet Boys chartered a cruise, then that would mean that they chartered the entire cruise. So, it wouldn't matter what time anything is happening on the ship, because the regular public wouldn't be on it anyways, right?

Rose Tours is the charter company. I went on a full-ship charter (Top Chef) that they did 2yrs ago on Celebrity Constellation. Ship activities were NOT like a regular cruise. The charter company completely took over activities and entertainment.

Rose Tours is the charter company. I went on a full-ship charter (Top Chef) that they did 2yrs ago on Celebrity Constellation. Ship activities were NOT like a regular cruise. The charter company completely took over activities and entertainment.

Was that a good thing or bad?

I think the way it works is that the BSB charter the entire ship. Now, if you want tickets, you have to get them from the BSB, at a substantial premium. That is exactly how it works on the annual Dave Koz cruises.

Well for a small solo room, its about $2000 for a 4 day cruise. Not including govt fees, taxes or drink package.

Wow, that's insane.

No kidding, ouch

so no trivia or quest? that might be a deal breaker for me (seriously...not kidding)....

If the cruise is a full charter you will not have normal activities. The charter will contract with the cruise line how they want the voyage to go.

We are on Liberty immediately following a heavy metal charter and the crew told us there was heavy metal music playing 24/7. Various bands and stages.