What are our chances.

I sent email to request table for 2 on our upcoming cruise on Explorer of the Seas. Just got reply to say they have passed it onto ships coordinator onboard. What do people think our chances are or do these get lost or ignored.

I sent email to request table for 2 on our upcoming cruise on Explorer of the Seas. Just got reply to say they have passed it onto ships coordinator onboard. What do people think our chances are or do these get lost or ignored.

We have had very good luck with dining requests.

We always ask for a table for 2. First day we go to the dining room to check out our table. If it's not to our liking we ask to switch, has never been a problem on any cruise line.

Marg

Nowadays, no one wants to sit with others, so your request will certainly be fulfilled.

I don't think you can say "certainly" but rather possibly ;)

Nothing wrong with not wanting to sit with other's...I don't do it on land so why would I be ok with it at sea. JMHO :)

Nowadays, no one wants to sit with others, so your request will certainly be fulfilled.

Well save the most hardcore cruisers I think it is rather unusual for to dine with strangers On the same table.

I am sure it can be a nice and social experience, but for us it is quite unheard of to do so. And my wife (to be) has told me that we have to eat somewhere else than MDR if we do not get a two person table. We have been on quite a few cruises in Europe and Norway and being seated with strangers does not happen.

I sent an e mail 3 weeks ago with same request, still waiting for answer and sent a reminder 2 days ago too.

We have had some great company on many of our tables and met some lovely friends from all over the world. We have also had some very awkward people who just make it uncomfortable recently so we have decided to go it alone if possible. There are plenty of other venues on board where you can meet people or ignore whatever the case may be.

Somewhere between 0 and 100%. :p

For our upcoming 27-Jun-2015 AdOS sailing...

On May 22, I e-mailed RCLDining with our request. On May 26, I received a reply noting our request had been sent to the ship. On May 27, I received another reply stating our request had been granted and included a screenshot of a spreadsheet noting our names, table number, seating time, cabin number and some other misc. info.

Edited by jacketsfan

We send an email as soon as we book and it always gets done. I always check again once I am on board, though.

We don't use the dining room more than a time or two on a 10 day cruise but we like to be alone at meal times. Plenty of time to socialize at the pool, etc.

Edited by Bookish Angel

Last April on Ex I did the same thing. Got a response w/ a table number a couple of weeks before sailing.

Good luck!