Issue viewing on ipad

ClaireP

I have had the problem for a few days - sometimes tapping and holding the screen for a few seconds and then scrolling very slowly works and at other times I just give up! No problems with any other site, so it must be a CC issue and it is annoying, but anything that makes me spend less time on the iPad is probably not a totally bad thing!;):)

I'm about to through my mac out of the window. Didn't know that not being able to view cruise critic properly would cause me this kind of problem! Need to get another hobby before my cruise. Today I can go down the page but then it flicks up to the top again. Tell me again what I can do or just wait until CC get back on monday and sort it out. I wonder if it's just apple products having this problem

Same thing is happening this morning on a desktop PC. One video ad (for a product I won't mention since I don't want to reward something so irritating) is making it impossible to scroll down normally past the ad.

I think Cruise Critic must have done something to the site to try and capture more eyeballs for their advertisers, but it isn't working out very well.

No problems here and I have iPad Air. I have tapia talk but don't use it. I don't know how to delete it but wish I could.

How do you clear the browser?

Once you've downloaded an app it's yours forever. Whether you still want it or not. You probably already know that you can delete it from a specific iPad or iPhone by holding your finger on the square icon of the app until it start to shake. There will be an X in the upper corner. If you touch the X, the app will be taken off the iPad/iPhone but will still be in your "Purchased" category of the App Store.

I use the Cruise Critic app, and much prefer it to Tapatalk.

I'm not having that specific problem on my iPad air or my iPhone, but for the last few months I have to log in every time I want to comment or access the roll call. I have clicked on the 'remember me' button to no avail. It never used to be like this, any suggestions?

I'm not having that specific problem on my iPad air or my iPhone, but for the last few months I have to log in every time I want to comment or access the roll call. I have clicked on the 'remember me' button to no avail. It never used to be like this, any suggestions?

I experienced a similar issue. In the upper right corner of your page, find the over-lapping pages. Click on that and a "private" option will appear. If it is highlighted, click on it and it should resolve your log in problems.

This started happening to me as soon as I had (stupidly) updated my ipad 2 to ios 8.3. :mad::mad:

Coincidentally, other sites via Safari became hideously slow and either didn't load properly or didn't load at all. I looked on the apple support forum which suggested clearing the cache and changing the default search engine to anything except Google. Doing these seems to have fixed all the problems, including misbehaving/flickering Cruise Critic. Might be worth a try.

I also had the same issue until i downloaded the trial ad blocker from the app store, just use the app to browse and no problems today.

I agree I downloaded this app onto my Samsung tablet and it cured it straight away, or at least it did after I followed the instructions to amend my settings.

I experienced a similar issue. In the upper right corner of your page, find the over-lapping pages. Click on that and a "private" option will appear. If it is highlighted, click on it and it should resolve your log in problems.

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't understand what you mean by overlapping pages. I'm not seeing anything that looks like an overlapping page Can you take a quick screenshot and post it? Thx Cathy

Once you've downloaded an app it's yours forever. Whether you still want it or not. You probably already know that you can delete it from a specific iPad or iPhone by holding your finger on the square icon of the app until it start to shake. There will be an X in the upper corner. If you touch the X, the app will be taken off the iPad/iPhone but will still be in your "Purchased" category of the App Store.

I use the Cruise Critic app, and much prefer it to Tapatalk.

It worked. Actually all my icons were shaking but I turned off my iPad and rebooted.

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't understand what you mean by overlapping pages. I'm not seeing anything that looks like an overlapping page Can you take a quick screenshot and post it? Thx Cathy

The screen shot does not show the extreme top of the page parallel to the address location. In that upper right corner, on my iPad, there are 3 icons, the "cloud", a "+" mark, and to the right what I called the overlapping pages. Press on the overlapping page symbol, and the word "private" will appear. If it is highlighted, this is probably your issue. If so, just click it and your problem is solved. This is easy to accidentally engage.

It worked. Actually all my icons were shaking but I turned off my iPad and rebooted.

Thanks for the tip.

The icons as suppose to shake, it shows which one can be deleted

Press the home button to stop the shaking

Tapatalk is great for posting pictures

This started happening to me as soon as I had (stupidly) updated my ipad 2 to ios 8.3. :mad::mad:

Coincidentally, other sites via Safari became hideously slow and either didn't load properly or didn't load at all. I looked on the apple support forum which suggested clearing the cache and changing the default search engine to anything except Google. Doing these seems to have fixed all the problems, including misbehaving/flickering Cruise Critic. Might be worth a try.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I thought that the 8.3 update might be the problem (already built-in on new devices.) since I am not having problems and HAVE NOT upgraded to 8.3. I did so on my iPhone and it has unleashed all sorts of cell troubles. :mad:

I agree I downloaded this app onto my Samsung tablet and it cured it straight away, or at least it did after I followed the instructions to amend my settings.

More information on this app, please. Where do I find it?

On my PC, since I updated my IE to be current, I have had the same occasional sign-in problem. Is there a way to fix this problem on the PC?

The screen shot does not show the extreme top of the page parallel to the address location. In that upper right corner, on my iPad, there are 3 icons, the "cloud", a "+" mark, and to the right what I called the overlapping pages. Press on the overlapping page symbol, and the word "private" will appear. If it is highlighted, this is probably your issue. If so, just click it and your problem is solved. This is easy to accidentally engage.

Thanks! I thought you were talking about on the Cruise Critic page, Airbalancer explained that it was on the main Safari page. Seems to be working, I owe you one!! ;)

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I thought that the 8.3 update might be the problem (already built-in on new devices.) since I am not having problems and HAVE NOT upgraded to 8.3. I did so on my iPhone and it has unleashed all sorts of cell troubles. :mad:

More information on this app, please. Where do I find it?

On my PC, since I updated my IE to be current, I have had the same occasional sign-in problem. Is there a way to fix this problem on the PC?

Check your app store or just Google adblocker.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I thought that the 8.3 update might be the problem (already built-in on new devices.) since I am not having problems and HAVE NOT upgraded to 8.3. I did so on my iPhone and it has unleashed all sorts of cell troubles. :mad

It infuriates me that Apple releases these updates with known bugs still in them. The Apple Support forum I was reading yesterday had posts from several beta testers, all of whom had fed back the conflict between 8.3 and Safari - yet seemingly nothing was fixed before general release. After an update fried a chip in my iphone 4S, I really should know better than to think any update will actually improve things initially. :mad::eek:

Since deleting my cache and changing my default browser away from Google, I'm wondering if the latest update has thrown up a conflict between Safari and Google....?:confused:

Edited by spanner14

Thanks for that. YOUR TIP WORKS! :) I was getting a 'datebase error' message on Safari when I logged in. I emailed CC last week but so far have only received an automated reply. Haven't experienced any other problems when surfing with Safari, so the problem must be at their end.

Thanks again :)

The icons as suppose to shake, it shows which one can be deleted

Press the home button to stop the shaking

Tapatalk is great for posting pictures

I'll have to play around. I have some things I don't really want.

I upload pics from photobucket using my desktop.

Someone I knew upgraded to 8.3 ans had nothing but problems so mine is not updated.