Issue viewing on ipad

ClaireP

With the default browser, Safari?

I'm using iPad 2, 8.3, CruiseCritic app. No issues. None. Zero. Nada. Except for my concern with their design that doesn't allow me to see other's sig blocks or turn off my own to save bandwidth. On my desktop (iMac) and laptop (PowerMac) I use Safari with no issues.

I do worry though that no matter which device I use, the Tipping and Dress Code topics never get resolved.

I'm using iPad 2, 8.3, CruiseCritic app. No issues. None. Zero. Nada. Except for my concern with their design that doesn't allow me to see other's sig blocks or turn off my own to save bandwidth. On my desktop (iMac) and laptop (PowerMac) I use Safari with no issues.

I do worry though that no matter which device I use, the Tipping and Dress Code topics never get resolved.

:D:D

Are you using the CC app or the website? And is Google your default browser? My issues have resolved since switching from Google.

:D:D

Are you using the CC app or the website? And is Google your default browser? My issues have resolved since switching from Google.

When not on my iMac as I am now, I use an iPad 2, iOS 8.3, CruiseCritic app. Safari is my default and only browser, Yahoo is my default search engine. I do sometimes use Google Maps but don't believe I have any other Google apps or plugins. As I said, I've seen no issues with the way this combo performs, but I do have a few "design" issues.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

I have an iPad Air 2. The website will not show any requests. Be it showing prices for a perspective cruise, deck plans, basic information. Can't figure it out??

One thing that you absolutely must do with your Apple products is to totally turn them off every few days. You do that on the IPad by pressing and holding the side power button until the slider arrow appears. You them slide that and the IPad will be shut off. When you turn it on it will take a few seconds to reboot and you will have a black screen with the Apple logo showing. The same procedure is used for the IPhone, laptop, and watch.

Doing that resets it and kind of clears out the accumulated junk and it will operate better.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Are you able to vote in Polls using the CruiseCritic app?

No, I can't even tell if a post is in poll format on the CruiseCritic app. I can't see the poll section at all. I can only see the actual poll through the Safari browser.

No. As another has also commented, polls are invisible on the CC app. Also invisible are the little bits in the upper right corner of the screen showing a poster's # of posts, hometown/country of origin etc., and the signature block below their posts. Reduces clutter, reduces bandwidth needed by focusing only on the message content, but it also eliminates context. It is often helpful to me to see that the person posting is UK vs. US for example.