Help! I need advice on which cabin to book!

jormot

We are doing a R/T Seattle cruise on the Crown. We currently have B748 booked which is an aft corner balcony on the starboard side. Should we switch to a port side regular balcony on the Aloha deck? Wanting the best location to see scenery & wildlife when we are not on the public deck so. Also looking for the most protection from the elements if the weather is not so great.

B748 is on the port side. What is best is largely a matter of opinion. Some will argue that you don't need a balcony at all, but we loved our balcony on our first trip to Alaska. We were mid-forward starboard, then. We're extremely happy to be sailing in C752 on the Crown on our upcoming Alaska trip. This is the room right below yours.

You will see scenery from everywhere.

We have sailed to Alaska more times then I can count.

We spend hours on the balcony. We have had balconies on both sides and aft.

Don't think you can go wrong on any balcony. :D

The Promenade deck is an awesome place, so is Skywalkers.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Since you are doing a R/T out of Seattle, it really does not make much difference which side of the ship you are on. On the outgoing leg of the cruise, you will see either the water side or shore side (for those times when the ship is within sight of the shore) and on the return leg you will see the other side. Since you have a stern cabin what you will see most of the time is where the ship has been and the wake it is creating.

I have been to Alaska many, many time since 1963 and have crewed up and down the coast even more times and I really don't feel that it matters what kind of a cabin you have or where it is located on the ship. Out of Seattle you are not going to have much to see for the better part of a day in either direction as you are out in the Pacific on the west side of Vancouver Island and then you are going to have 3 days in port when you are likely going to go ashore. Most veteran Alaska cruisers are going to tell you that to really enjoy all the scenery that Alaska serves up you need to be moving around the ship to take it all in.