Culinary Class question please from a newbie

kazu

Thanks hypercafe! Good point. We are looking at the Riveria. I'm not sure I'll have a chance to take a class looking at this thread, because I'll likely want to sign up last minute - and it sounds like the classes sometimes have a wait list. But I appreciate knowing they will be available.

Thanks hypercafe! Good point. We are looking at the Riveria. I'm not sure I'll have a chance to take a class looking at this thread, because I'll likely want to sign up last minute - and it sounds like the classes sometimes have a wait list. But I appreciate knowing they will be available.

Once you are booked on the cruise you can look online in your Oceania account

It will show the classes & usually the times they are scheduled then you can decide where you are for the classes of interest

Sometime people cancel as the cruise goes on so put your name on the list if you want to do the class ...you never know ;)

Plus you might have a better chance because a number of people may not want to do it on a port day. I know I always schedule mine on a sea day ... not that I've made one yet. :o

Mura

Once you are booked on the cruise you can look online in your Oceania account

It will show the classes & usually the times they are scheduled then you can decide where you are for the classes of interest

Sometime people cancel as the cruise goes on so put your name on the list if you want to do the class ...you never know ;)

The classes are posted about 90 days before embarkation.

I booked mine in Sept for my May cruise

As always

It depends ;)

As LHT says it does "depend", but what it depends upon is when Oceania is able to get the logistics for the class in line.

They need to get an Instructor to commit before they may sell the class to clients, and it was my impression that most of the Instructors had other duties outside of the Culinary Center in addition to whatever classes they opted to teach.

I have booked a Fish class. I feel a bit perturbed at the posts saying they cancelled because of a poor instructor. How would I know if the instructor is poor?

Unfortunately my OH does not want to do cooking, and I had imagined that I would be paired with another singleton. I wouldn't want to be one of three at the station.

I guess people feel a instructor is poor based on other classes or just personal preference. They do not put three at a station to my knowledge. The class we went to had a stand in chef and it was fine. He liked to hear himself somewhat and sell his book but that's part of the game. It's part class and part fun to us.

I have booked a Fish class. I feel a bit perturbed at the posts saying they cancelled because of a poor instructor. How would I know if the instructor is poor?

Unfortunately my OH does not want to do cooking, and I had imagined that I would be paired with another singleton. I wouldn't want to be one of three at the station.

There are only 2 per station

My Guy and I have never sailed with Oceania. We are looking at a 2016 cruise in the Med. I think the culinary classes sound fun. But with our port intensive cruise (no at-sea-days), will there be many (any) opportunities to try one? I'm guessing there will be, but it require me cutting a port visit short, right?

Port days- class is usually at 4:00-5:30 PM. Sea days- add morning class starting anywhere from 9:00 to 10:30 AM.

Jay23 have fun in your fish class!

Thank you all for your great input. I have noticed that many of you (hypercafe, StanandJim, LHT28, Flatbush Flyer, Mura, Lottie A, and others I’ve already forgotten) are very active on the Oceania board. Being an Oceania newbie, I have been reading many of the threads that relate to questions I have. And I, for one, greatly appreciate all of your input on these threads that I have been reading, but have not commented on.