Carnival spirit questions

Less than a week until I leave on my first ever cruise, excited! A few questions I can't find the answer to: Are there coat hangers in the room (ocean suite) or will I need to bring my own? Is washing detergent provided free of charge or should I bring my own? Is there a chemist/shop on board for over the counter meds like panadol and children's liquid panadol/ nurofen? And an obscure one- is there A2 milk available on board? I've emailed carnival's special needs department but have not received a response yet.

Thanks in advance.

Less than a week until I leave on my first ever cruise, excited! A few questions I can't find the answer to: Are there coat hangers in the room (ocean suite) or will I need to bring my own? Is washing detergent provided free of charge or should I bring my own? Is there a chemist/shop on board for over the counter meds like panadol and children's liquid panadol/ nurofen? And an obscure one- is there A2 milk available on board? I've emailed carnival's special needs department but have not received a response yet.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. There are coathangers in all cabins. There is a machine with washing powder sachets available. I think it was $1 charged to your cruise card. I would bring my own though because sometimes they run out if the laundry is busy. There is a shop onboard selling panadol. Not sure about the kids one though. Sorry I can't help with the A2 milk.

Less than a week until I leave on my first ever cruise, excited! A few questions I can't find the answer to: Are there coat hangers in the room (ocean suite) or will I need to bring my own?

Plenty and ask your steward if you need more.

Is washing detergent provided free of charge or should I bring my own?

Available to purchase not free. SHE brings our own as have some allergy issues.

Is there a chemist/shop on board for over the counter meds like panadol and children's liquid panadol/ nurofen?

Available to by, if you take a second mortgage, better to brng your own, or pick some up in port.

And an obscure one- is there A2 milk available on board? I've emailed carnival's special needs department but have not received a response yet.

I have sen it on some ships but can't say for sure with Carnival Spirit sorry.

Thanks in advance.

A pleasure

LOL mr walker! Very inconvenient not having an on ship herd I agree :)

I also agree with the taste of uht milk though, not a fan but I can live with it.

Thanks GUT for the tips, I will take my own detergent, both myself and one of my sons have eczema so a good idea I think.

I received a reply from Carnival today re the milk:

In regards to your inquiry, we carry a variety of milks onboard such as cow milk, rice milk, soy milk 2% milk, and lactose free milk. However we do not carry A2 milk. You are welcome to bring A2 milk with you as long as it is sealed and hand carried on through embarkation. Once onboard you can make arrangements with our dining staff for assistance with storage if needed.

So will take some UHT packs of that too.

on the last cruise I took on the spirit, I saw they used a milk brand known as "caterers choice" it's trademarked by Bidvest corp... and that's pretty much all you'll find on google about that...

I have friends in the dairy industry, and as soon as I mentioned "caterers choice" they scoffed and referred to it as "outsourced milk" - milk powder from 3rd parties (mostly o/s) reconstituted with water and bottled for bulk sales...

it's probably used everywhere and you'd not know it... but just the idea of it seems gross...

it's disappointing really, back in the days when the Spirit first came 'down-under' they spruiked Australian brand support, and I remember them using "Dairy Farmers" brand which I liked, cause it's the brand we use at home all the time.

anyways, my 2c

I'm off on my 1st cruise tomorrow - so excited! My daughter only takes A2 milk so I've called Carnival and they've confirmed i can take the 1L long life cartons in my carry on. Planning on taking about 4.