Best food options: Liberty

With all the negatives reviews about the food on Liberty. I was curious to know if there were any favorites or "do not miss" options on the menu or in the windjammer? Thanks! Happy Cruising.

I thought the food was ok on our 5 night. Yes, it used to be better, as in there were certain things I could depend on and now those are inconsistent, quality-wise.

Even the Mongolian Grill in the WJ, which we used to love, got downgraded. Was meh this time.

On the Shiitake Menu (night 4) there was a rack of lamb and a chicken gyoza that was good. On night 5, 'giant shrimp' was offered in place of the fisherman's plate. They were good.

Promenade Cafe used to vary their sandwiches, now they have the same choices every day. My kids liked the cheesecake lollipops.

We enjoyed Portofino. The steaks were good and I substituted lobster for the salmon on the seafood skewer.

Cheese cake pops at the cafe! Fruit in the morning at Jade or WJ. I had big bowl of fruit each am, due to each fruit was separated in the am, but not for the other meals, fresh cut it seemed too! Really great watermelon and cantaloupe. Eggs at WJ and look for breakfast potatoes with grilled peppers, you will have to hunt for them. Turkey burgers were liveable along with the white fish! Fresh cooked veggies not to bad, but the same batch every day for both meals; tiring!

I really wish they would start an easy order and pick up of MDR food! I don’t understand why they don't start this at a quieter time and maybe we have to order in a set time frame and pick-up in a same designated window! Nothing like eating dinner on the balcony as the sun sets!

By the way Carnival/Princess I believe just re-issued this back to the fleet for all the food establishments!

anybody make it to Jade recently and see if there's any sushi and if the selection is decent?

My wife and daughter are going to go crazy for cheesecake pops!

Thanks in advance

I too am interested in sushi. I understand it is only offered at dineer, correct? Any more specific with the time frames? We plan on the MDR early seating for our dinner option. Not sure when or if we can fit it in.

Thank you for your feedback. We missed the fresh fruit on our last Carnival cruise but thought the food was excellent on the Breeze. We have always enjoyed the food on Royal as well but was nervous with some of the reviews. It helps to know what's good! Take out from MDR sounds delightful, I though in the past you could order from the MDR to your cabin. Happy Cruising and keep the suggestions coming!

anybody make it to Jade recently and see if there's any sushi and if the selection is decent?

My wife and daughter are going to go crazy for cheesecake pops!

Thanks in advance

Yes, there is, and I believe dinner was the only time; I can't comment on how good! If you liked salmon bites they looked decent!

Thank you for your feedback. We missed the fresh fruit on our last Carnival cruise but thought the food was excellent on the Breeze. We have always enjoyed the food on Royal as well but was nervous with some of the reviews. It helps to know what's good! Take out from MDR sounds delightful, I though in the past you could order from the MDR to your cabin. Happy Cruising and keep the suggestions coming!

Basically you have to go to MTD and formally sit down and order and asked them if they are willing to plate it with covers! You may get No! My guess is you will be sitting for a while to get food; after standing in very disorganized lines! Not the ideal plan! They are willing if someone is not feeling well to order for them and they will plate it for transport at the end of your dinner!

You can order of the room service of burgers, chix, pizza, but no MDR food unless in a true suite or higher. No JS.

Next trip I am going to see if a plan works! Problem is it takes to much scheduled planning and commitment on a sea day only! I am a too free spirit when I want to eat!

I too am interested in sushi. I understand it is only offered at dineer, correct? Any more specific with the time frames? We plan on the MDR early seating for our dinner option. Not sure when or if we can fit it in.

We were on Explorer last year, and sad to say sushi was "meh" at best. Salmon was smoked salmon (like what you get at breakfast) and the rest was forgettable.

You could order room service from a limited MDR menu which showed up on the TV on all the ships we have cruised. I look forward to the sushi on LOS on our Dec. cruises. I believe that only ships with no Izumi still do sushi in the WJ at dinner.

With all the negatives reviews about the food on Liberty. I was curious to know if there were any favorites or "do not miss" options on the menu or in the windjammer? Thanks! Happy Cruising.

I have ZERO confidence in all the negative reviews about the food on the Liberty here on cruise critic. I would recommend you ignore them.

My one food tip is that many people do not discover the omelet station in the Windjammer until day 3 or 4. On day 2 there probably will be no line. (no breakfast on day 1)

I have ZERO confidence in all the negative reviews about the food on the Liberty here on cruise critic. I would recommend you ignore them.

My one food tip is that many people do not discover the omelet station in the Windjammer until day 3 or 4. On day 2 there probably will be no line. (no breakfast on day 1)

Agreed, much better than the tray of (I believe) powdered scrambled eggs. You do need to be a little patient because in my experience, there was always a line, at least on the cruises I've been on, even on day 2 or 3. You can always have a Bloody Mary before breakfast, which will make the wait that much more tolerable.

I loved the mushroom pastry thing on the Liberty as a starter. Not sure what it's called, but a few years ago they also brought it me on the following night as they knew I liked it so much...

Nothing wrong with the Liberty food at all :)

Agreed, much better than the tray of (I believe) powdered scrambled eggs. You do need to be a little patient because in my experience, there was always a line, at least on the cruises I've been on, even on day 2 or 3. You can always have a Bloody Mary before breakfast, which will make the wait that much more tolerable.

Great idea! On the beverage package so even better!

I loved the mushroom pastry thing on the Liberty as a starter. Not sure what it's called, but a few years ago they also brought it me on the following night as they knew I liked it so much...

Nothing wrong with the Liberty food at all :)

I remember that! YUM! I'm sure it will be fine! Taste is certainly opinion. I also think many people go in with unreal expectations. I do however like to know things like about the mix salads in the MDR and a yummy sandwich option at Cafe Promenade. Always good to know a few secrets. :)

We just got off of Liberty. They have a new chef- a woman from Germany. The food actually was the best we have had in a dining room in a long time. Never had a dish that wasn't great. The MDR- anytime dining was excellent. We got there early. Enjoy!

We just got off of Liberty. They have a new chef- a woman from Germany. The food actually was the best we have had in a dining room in a long time. Never had a dish that wasn't great. The MDR- anytime dining was excellent. We got there early. Enjoy!

Great! Happy to hear that. We are doing the Bermuda itinerary next month with 21 of us! Trying to make it a great trip for all! We are also anytime dining.

Just off Liberty...lamb chops in the MDR were excellent, better than the ones I had in Portofino. The meal in Portofino was excellent overall, though. DH had veal saltimbocca and literally almost licked the plate clean! Excellent service as well.:)