SW Air sale until June 4.

DaveOKC

"This is the one sale you don't want to miss. Hurry, one-way fares starting at $49, $99, $129, and $149 won't last long. Book by June 4 for travel from August 25 through December 16, 2015.

Blackout Dates Apply: September 3-5, September 7, and November 20 - December 1, 2015. Travel not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to/from Florida or Nevada is valid only on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid only Mondays through Thursdays."

I know that this says Florida travel only good on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I found otherwise on my upcoming cruise so check for yourself.

I won't fly southworst unless it is a one hour nonstop.

SW has improved alot over the years (such as changing the "cattle car" boarding process. They still offer free bags, have a very good on-time history and you get your luggage faster at the end of your trip.

Plus, I love the way they handle cancellations and lowered prices (no rebooking fees). I normally book one one fares to take advantage of price declines.

You do have to know SW procedures however or else you might be disappointed in something.

Here in Oklahoma, SW offers the most flights to US locations.

Edited by DaveOKC

Thanks for the heads up, Dave! I hadn't realized Southwest had opened the books for my November flight, so I was able to go snag a seat!

I didn't get any of the sales fares :(, but I was able to get an acceptable fare, and that's great.

Even better, though, I was able to get a non-stop flight, leaving at a decent hour for a post-cruise departure! And I'll be home before supper!

I'm thrilled with how this worked out.

I got my Mom a flight from BWI to ATL for $99 one way for August. It is a good fare, but not as good as my flight last month, which was $96.20 roundtrip!! Not a typo😁. I'll never get a deal like that again.

SW has improved alot over the years (such as changing the "cattle car" boarding process. They still offer free bags, have a very good on-time history and you get your luggage faster at the end of your trip.

Plus, I love the way they handle cancellations and lowered prices (no rebooking fees). I normally book one one fares to take advantage of price declines.

You do have to know SW procedures however or else you might be disappointed in something.

Here in Oklahoma, SW offers the most flights to US locations.

You still don't have an assigned seat. I want to know what my seat is before I board the plane.

Don't know if its back up and running but the Southworst site crashed today.

For those devotees check non-sale fares against the other major carriers...you may not be getting the bargain you'd imagine and that includes baggage fees.

Why do some of you feel the need to trash Southwest on a simple thread pointing out a sale? No really don't want an answer just trying to direct us back to the point of the thread. Yes I realize my reply below is very briefly explaining why Southwest is a factor at least at one airport.

Southwest is the dominant airline for a lot of locations at KCI they are around 45% of all flights so that number alone means for the majority of us that fly economy anyway they are going to be one of our options, often offering nonstops to locations that require a connection on other airlines. This sale is saving a lot of folks at least some money. I would like to hear more from folks that got the sale price or from those that didn't and why their flights didn't qualify.

Why do some of you feel the need to trash Southwest on a simple thread pointing out a sale? No really don't want an answer just trying to direct us back to the point of the thread. Yes I realize my reply below is very briefly explaining why Southwest is a factor at least at one airport.

Southwest is the dominant airline for a lot of locations at KCI they are around 45% of all flights so that number alone means for the majority of us that fly economy anyway they are going to be one of our options, often offering nonstops to locations that require a connection on other airlines. This sale is saving a lot of folks at least some money. I would like to hear more from folks that got the sale price or from those that didn't and why their flights didn't qualify.

Why do some Southwest fliers have such thin skin?

I'm not a Southwest fan whatsoever, but between the sale and a voucher I had (for their destroying a bag of mine), my wife and I booked a one-way from Chicago to Kansas City in September for $14 total out of pocket. Can't beat that!

I had been keeping my eye out for a good SW sale and so glad that I held out as I just saved $160 round-trip on a flight from Tampa to San Diego this coming October. Leaving on a Thursday and returning on a Monday. Both nice, mid-day flights.

I also prefer flying SW as it seems that for my destinations, they really do save me the most. I like the 2 bags-fly-free policy and do not mind paying extra for the Early-Bird check-in. They also have a very good on-time rating.... at least this has been my experience in all of the years I have flown with them. I also like the fact that if the rate on the flight goes down they will award you with a future credit.

Just my .02 cents worth.

They also have a very good on-time rating.... at least this has been my experience in all of the years I have flown with them.

You've definitely been lucky. For 2014, they were close to last with on-time ratings - ranked 10th out of 12, and that's with AirTran bringing them up a bit. The only two airlines rated lower were regional jet airlines (Envoy and Expressjet).

http://skift.com/2015/02/10/u-s-airlines-with-the-best-on-time-performance-in-2014/

You've definitely been lucky. For 2014, they were close to last with on-time ratings - ranked 10th out of 12, and that's with AirTran bringing them up a bit. The only two airlines rated lower were regional jet airlines (Envoy and Expressjet).

http://skift.com/2015/02/10/u-s-airlines-with-the-best-on-time-performance-in-2014/

...and even worse when you consider WN use a lot of secondary airports with less congestion.

...and even worse when you consider WN use a lot of secondary airports with less congestion.

True, but so do a lot of those airlines. Heck, the two worst (Envoy and Expressjet) offer a LOT of airports where there is very minimal commercial air traffic. Plus, Southwest has also expanded over recent years to some of the more congested and delay-ridden airports in the country - Atlanta, San Francisco, Newark, Dulles.