Bon Voyage to Vict0riann & Randyk47 - June 10th, 2015

kazu

Thanks, Chief, Ruth and Sail. It's been a difficult day. The vet said it was the right decision that we made, and we didn't want her to suffer any more. We'll miss our small white ball of fluff, though!

Sitting in our hotel room overlooking Piazza San Marco in Venice and just watched the Zuiderdam make her way out. Hard not to stop and watch any cruise ship depart a port be it Ft Lauderdale or Venice. :) Can't say I know any of the CC'ers on the Zuiderdam cruise but I snapped a few pictures of her departure and if any turn out I'll share them on their roll call and offer them the raw files.

As for us.....long but easy flight to Venice arriving this morning at 9:30 AM. Tonight and all day in Venice before we board Wednesday morning.

We had to bid "Bon Voyage" to our doggie this afternoon, so perhaps the cruise will not be quite as much fun as I had thought. She was sweet 16 and had a wonderful life, and lots of kisses!

I was going through my photos from the Volendam last year, and I loaded a bunch of them onto my ipad yesterday, so hope to take some "afters" to go with all the "befores". Unfortunately I don't seem to have any from the Explorers' Lounge, but I hope it is looking more respectable.

Oh my Vict0riann, how very, very sad.

I am so sorry to hear this. I know how hard this is and how painful it is.

All of our sympathies to you both on your loss.

We had to bid "Bon Voyage" to our doggie this afternoon, so perhaps the cruise will not be quite as much fun as I had thought. She was sweet 16 and had a wonderful life, and lots of kisses!

I was going through my photos from the Volendam last year, and I loaded a bunch of them onto my ipad yesterday, so hope to take some "afters" to go with all the "befores". Unfortunately I don't seem to have any from the Explorers' Lounge, but I hope it is looking more respectable.

So sorry to read this. Sixteen years was a good long life. My Sincere sympathies.

Oh no Vict0riann, I am so sorry to read this news. Simpathies to you and DH. Perhaps the cruise is just what the doctor ordered. A change of place and some good company. Try to enjoy.

Thanks, Kazu, Solo, and 1of4. She did have a really long life, the longest of any dog we have had, and she was definitely not enjoying life any more, we will try to remember the good days.

I know it is hard, but try to relish the good memories. If she was no longer enjoying life, you did the right thing for sure.

She will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge -happy, injury free and dancing to see you.

hugs to you both.