12 pack bottled water, $2.99 in FunShop

BigB0882

I hope it's not a typo. The one time we ordered a bon voyage package that was reduced to a significant amount and when we got on board we found a note saying carnival couldn't honor it and the money was sent back to the sail and sign card. With two little kids I depend on the bottled water. I would hate to board and it not be there with a note saying $3 was added to our sail and sign.:eek:

It's not a typo and it's not a sale. I spoke to Glinda on the Fun Shop Line this morning, since I had already ordered water for 4 cruises at the old price. She cancelled those orders for me, and said they have been real busy handling calls from cruisers re water.

ok, I was bored so I went through the thread and tried to see how many bottles of water was purchased in the last 2 days.

I had to guess amounts in some cases but just from what people have posted here, in 2 days they have sold over 4,600 bottles of water

If they are profiting.. then the price change was genius

Carnival's website is experiencing some kind of glitch (or it is a great sale) right now and the 12 pack of bottled water is being sold for $2.99 I checked this out just last night and it was going for around $13! For $3 I am happy to let them take care of it, I would spend that much at the store anyway and now I don't have to carry it on. Heads up to anyone who likes to have some bottled water on their cruise, save the trouble of lugging it around! Not sure how long until they fix the glitch. Unfortunately I don't see any such glitches on the alcohol. :p

Thank you so much for thus - I just bought 24 for a five nighter. So much easier than having to carry it in!

It's not a typo and it's not a sale. I spoke to Glinda on the Fun Shop Line this morning, since I had already ordered water for 4 cruises at the old price. She cancelled those orders for me, and said they have been real busy handling calls from cruisers re water.

Then what is it? Is it a permanent price change?

Since my cruise is still some months away, I am going to call Carnival and demand Early Saver price protection on my case of water in the event the price goes below $2.99. One must be extra careful to protect his precious water investment.

ok, I was bored so I went through the thread and tried to see how many bottles of water was purchased in the last 2 days.

I had to guess amounts in some cases but just from what people have posted here, in 2 days they have sold over 4,600 bottles of water

If they are profiting.. then the price change was genius

though, some did say they cancelled orders they already made, so not all orders are orders they wouldn't receive. But I've never ordered nor did I plan on ordering water till I saw the 2.99 price.

Forgive me if someone has already suggested this as I haven't read entire thread. But could the price reduction have anything to do with smuggling? I suspect that probably 95% plus of all water taken on board is legit! however security spends a lot of time checking it. If more people buy from carnival it means less that has to be checked by security at boarding. I doubt they were selling a lot of water at old prices so profitability may not be a big deal. Just a thought...

Forgive me if someone has already suggested this as I haven't read entire thread. But could the price reduction have anything to do with smuggling? I suspect that probably 95% plus of all water taken on board is legit! however security spends a lot of time checking it. If more people buy from carnival it means less that has to be checked by security at boarding. I doubt they were selling a lot of water at old prices so profitability may not be a big deal. Just a thought...

I don't think that is a big issue. security will be there to check wine and soda cans/bottles anyway. Maybe they just figured they could sell more at a lesser profit than less at a huge profit. At least I got some for my august cruise.:D

First time cruiser..how does this work? Will it be in your room when you arrive?? Thank you

You can choose which day you want it delivered. If you choose embarkation day it may be there when you first get to your room, it may get there later in the day. We have had both happen, some was there in our room when we first opened the door, some of our gifts/fun shop stuff came within the next couple hours. They have a lot going on that first day, but we thought they were pretty efficient at getting everything distributed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

First time cruiser..how does this work? Will it be in your room when you arrive?? Thank you

when you go to the fun shop to order (on the Carnival web page) you can choose when you would like the water delivered. If you choose the 1st day at night or later, there is no tax. From what I remember you can have it delivered at any point during your cruise.

If you request it be in your cabin early on the 1st day, I am not sure how early it will be delivered.

when you go to the fun shop to order (on the Carnival web page) you can choose when you would like the water delivered. If you choose the 1st day at night or later, there is no tax. From what I remember you can have it delivered at any point during your cruise.

If you request it be in your cabin early on the 1st day, I am not sure how early it will be delivered.

Decided to splurge and pay the .37 cents tax and have it in my cabin when we arrive.

I ordered the 12 pack of water when I originally read this post the other day. My credit card was charged $3.18 with tax. Now today I just checked, my credit card was credited -3.18. I guess they realized the water mistake. So, don't think they will delivering any water. They charged me a few days ago, and credited me today. 😞

I ordered the 12 pack of water when I originally read this post the other day. My credit card was charged $3.18 with tax. Now today I just checked, my credit card was credited -3.18. I guess they realized the water mistake. So, don't think they will delivering any water. They charged me a few days ago, and credited me today. 😞

If it was marked -3.18 the charge may have just hit you account? I did a check on my water purchase, bought on 6/4 and was charged on my account 6/6. I just went back to purchases and the 12 pack still shows for $2.99.

I actually think the idea that this may have been an idea to help security makes sense. Yes, they will still have to check a lot but this could be a lot of bottles they won't have to rip open packaging and shake. I really hated repacking open cases of water after security checkpoint.