Repeat Menu - B2B

JVNYC

Hello all. I'm booked on Riviera this August on a 14 day itinerary that is a combination of two 7-day itineraries.

My question: Do they repeat the same 7 day menu on the 2nd half of the cruise?

I was on a 14 day Riviera cruise last summer that was a true 14 day (not B2B) and they did not repeat the menu. Worried that since this is a combination of two 7-days that the menu may repeat.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Oceania does not typically do 7 day cruises (although they have a few). I believe the menu rotation is a minimum of 14 days. I was aboard Marina 34 days, and only noticed 1 series of repeats. I'm on the 180 day cruise next January, and word has been given that efforts will be made to mix things up and avoid a strict rotation. After 13 voyages on Oceania, I'd have a hard time remembering many repeat dishes in the MDR. The same is not true of the specialties; the menus don't change often, and some of the menu items in Polo and Toscana are the same as they were in 2006.

We cruised on a b2b2b itinerary a few years ago (total of 34 days) and recall seeing repeat menu items once. Sorry, I cannot correctly answer about a 7 day b2b cruise, but hondorner is probably correct, there is a 14 day rotation.

Edited by Lane412000

We were on Insignia for 20 days this spring and the MDR menu was on a 14 day rotation but there was usually one item that was a "special" for that evening and also a dish from the specialities so these may vary. I looked forward to revisiting some of the menu items :)!

Well let's see, you are on a ship with 4 specialty restaurants, a MDR, a buffet, and Waves. Although the specialty's don't change the menus each has quite a few choices. Since you are on a B2B you should get to go to each of them twice in 14 days. That's 8 evenings, surely you can find something different to eat each time you go. That leaves 6 nights for the MDR or Terrace. Hopefully you can find different items to keep it interesting for that few nights.

Personally I always have to find a chance to order the Poulet Roti from the Everyday Menu in MDR. Unfortunately sometimes I have to give up other really good choices to get it.

I spent 28 days(B2B) on Riviera on one cruise and 17(B2B) on another. I was in no way bored with the food choices.

I don't really see a problem, at least it's never been for us.

Edited by ORV

Hello all. I'm booked on Riviera this August on a 14 day itinerary that is a combination of two 7-day itineraries.

My question: Do they repeat the same 7 day menu on the 2nd half of the cruise?

I was on a 14 day Riviera cruise last summer that was a true 14 day (not B2B) and they did not repeat the menu. Worried that since this is a combination of two 7-days that the menu may repeat.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

and you can always ask for something that's not on the menu on a given evening. As ridiculous as it may seem, I just wanted a "break" once, and asked for a tuna salad sandwich with chips for dinner -- not even a raised eyebrow (well, at least, not from the waiter).

On Marina's fourth trip we were treated to a galley tour by Franck Garange. We asked about the menu rotation re repeats in the GDR. At that time there were over twenty something rotating menus built around the avoidance of repeating for B2B-era. Don't know if that is still the case but given some of the input on CC it appears so.

Well, you didn't ask about this, but our experience with B2Bs has been that the same shows are repeated on each cruise. Marlene

Not only B2B; We hadn't been on Oceania for a while and some of the shows were repeats from our prior cruise:eek:

I know holidays are special but generally we have a 7 day cycle at home and I always look forward to the next round of familiar meals.

We recently cruised on the Regatta and there is a meal in Toscana that I think I could back up on a few nights and eat it each time. It was the Costate di Vitello a Modo Tuo (Bone-In-Milk-Fed Veal Chop) which is pounded thin, lightly breaded and sautéed in Lemon infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil Vinaigrette.

If any one has the chance, try it.

It is a large meal and the difficulty is knowing you are full but you keep eating because it tastes so good.

Any other fans :)

Edited by wally_bushy

• 2 months later...

I am currently on Riviera on a 14 day sailing - two 7 day back to back sailings.

I'm happy to report that the Riviera is still absolutely fantastic....our only small disappointment is that they are in fact repeating the same 7 day menu from the last cruise. Same menu items at lunch and dinner in both Terrace and MDR. The food is wonderful but I do miss the other options that we had on our true 14 day last year.

So we go with the flow....life is good.

I am currently on Riviera on a 14 day sailing - two 7 day back to back sailings.

I'm happy to report that the Riviera is still absolutely fantastic....our only small disappointment is that they are in fact repeating the same 7 day menu from the last cruise. Same menu items at lunch and dinner in both Terrace and MDR. The food is wonderful but I do miss the other options that we had on our true 14 day last year.

So we go with the flow....life is good.

Cruise was sold as a 14 day Grand Voyage and "not" a B2B..... menus should never have been repeated. As cruise(s) sold so well (overbooked) they're offering several of these Grand Voyage combos for next year

14 day rotation has been our experience but even a seven day cycle is chocked full of options. As mentioned previously the four specialty restaurants all have extensive menus. Options in the terrace Grill never cease to amaze, the grill alone Offers extensive variety of quality food. We also love to sneak in a Terrace Grill meal.

Cruise was sold as a 14 day Grand Voyage and "not" a B2B..... menus should never have been repeated. As cruise(s) sold so well (overbooked) they're offering several of these Grand Voyage combos for next year

Yes, I am booked on the Grand Voyage 14 day....but when you are onboard they treat this as two 7 day itineraries, not the Grand Voyage. The voyage is titled in Currents as the first 7 day voyage when you first arrive and at the beginning of the 2nd 7 day voyage, the title changes again. It's not "Jewels of the Riviera" as the Grand Voyage is titled. So yes, the menus have been repeated....we are experiencing it. Not what we expected but what can you do really. I'm not complaining....just surprised.

I'm always amazed when this topic comes up. I'm not surprised that people are curious but I often wonder what people eat at home when I hear complaints about menus being repeated.

The menu items may be the same but surely one can choose different combinations.

I'm always amazed when this topic comes up. I'm not surprised that people are curious but I often wonder what people eat at home when I hear complaints about menus being repeated.

The menu items may be the same but surely one can choose different combinations.

+1

I never notice how many time the menus or items are repeated there is always something I want to try

People would not want to eat at my house ...menus might be the same twice in the same week :D

I have never starved on a cruise yet ;)